Proj screen placement advise/help needed - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 09-28-2017, 06:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Proj screen placement advise/help needed

I hope this is the right forum for this question, if not let me know and I'll post this elsewhere.

I have a JVC 46RS and a Seymour 120" screen. Proj is ceiling mounted so the bottom of proj is 11" from ceiling and 13' from screen. Top of actual screen is 9" from ceiling and bottom is 47" from floor (8ft ceilings).
I thought I had read 13' distance would be a good distance and I could get away with ceiling mount since I didnt want to angle the picture too much and lose quality.

Now I'm thinking of lowering the screen around 4"-6" and wondering if anyone can help me understand if the additional angle the prog will have to throw will impact the quality of the picture noticeably? I'm worried that's a big angle to get to the bottom of the screen.

My viewing height for the 1st row is 36"-37" and the couch has a slight recline when sitting back (2nd row isn't done and won't be for several months unless I find an amazing deal on seats).

I'll attach some pics below and pls forgive the mess, deciding to re-work the room since I never completed it 100%.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0030.JPG
Views:	51
Size:	872.1 KB
ID:	2289622   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0032.JPG
Views:	47
Size:	869.8 KB
ID:	2289624  

RTi A7's, CSI A6, FXi A4's | Emotive XPA-5 | JVC DLA RS46 | Panamax M5300 PM | Pioneer Elite | Seymour Screen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 09-28-2017, 07:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Myke View Post
I hope this is the right forum for this question, if not let me know and I'll post this elsewhere.

I have a JVC 46RS and a Seymour 120" screen. Proj is ceiling mounted so the bottom of proj is 11" from ceiling and 13' from screen. Top of actual screen is 9" from ceiling and bottom is 47" from floor (8ft ceilings).
I thought I had read 13' distance would be a good distance and I could get away with ceiling mount since I didnt want to angle the picture too much and lose quality.

Now I'm thinking of lowering the screen around 4"-6" and wondering if anyone can help me understand if the additional angle the prog will have to throw will impact the quality of the picture noticeably? I'm worried that's a big angle to get to the bottom of the screen.

My viewing height for the 1st row is 36"-37" and the couch has a slight recline when sitting back (2nd row isn't done and won't be for several months unless I find an amazing deal on seats).

I'll attach some pics below and pls forgive the mess, deciding to re-work the room since I never completed it 100%.
Your projector has lens shift. Simply adjust the lens shift on the projector to see how low you can move the picture ( and later the screen) down without angling the projector and requiring a keystone adjustment. Using the lens shift will not harm the picture.

If you are beyond the boundaries of the lense shift get a new projector mount.
post #3 of 5 Old 09-29-2017, 09:19 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 4
I'm not sure I'd put the speakers all on the ceiling like that ... but I'm not a professional

post #4 of 5 Old 09-30-2017, 07:03 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Cohen View Post
Your projector has lens shift. Simply adjust the lens shift on the projector to see how low you can move the picture ( and later the screen) down without angling the projector and requiring a keystone adjustment. Using the lens shift will not harm the picture.

If you are beyond the boundaries of the lense shift get a new projector mount.
Richard, I like that idea snd will do it but you dont think that even though the lens shift can go down to a lower point that that point isnt going to diminish the quality of the pic? I assumed just bc it can go lower doesn't mean that it should, from a pcture quality standpoint.

RTi A7's, CSI A6, FXi A4's | Emotive XPA-5 | JVC DLA RS46 | Panamax M5300 PM | Pioneer Elite | Seymour Screen
post #5 of 5 Old 09-30-2017, 07:09 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaunTaunChewie View Post
I'm not sure I'd put the speakers all on the ceiling like that ... but I'm not a professional
yeah your right and i was thinking about lowering those too but i also have sides that are higher too, one is above a door so it cant go lower therefore im stuck deciding if i lower the rears but cant lower the sides how will that effect the sound.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page