Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 10-01-2017, 12:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
YPAO Broke my Yamaha RX-V377

Hello,

I bought a new Samsung smart TV last week and attached it to my Yamaha RX-V377 with no problems or glitches. It sounded great and has been working just fine. Today while cleaning out a drawer, I found the YPAO sound calibration microphone, and thought I would give it a run to make it sound even better. I ran the test and after completing it I tried to listen to some music via the smart TV. It cuts out every second and barely lets any sound out, while the front of the display just flashes the speaker icons.
  • I tried running YPAO again, no differece
  • I unplugged it from the wall for 60 seconds and turned it back on, no difference
  • I tried factory reseting the reciever, no difference
  • I plugged in my phone via a headphone splitter to RCA stereo in the back and it played just fine
  • I tried changing the HDMI settings, and the speakers only stopped blinking when ARC was turned off (but no sound came out then)
  • The only setting on the TV that made any difference was when I changed Bitstream to PCM it would try to play for about 3 seconds and stop (while sounding like it was playing through a tunnel.) If I switch it from PCM to bitstream, the same thing happens again.

What can I troubleshoot next? Thank you for any help I'm really stuck!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page