Another help me build/ your thoughts suggestions for my theater room thread - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 10-01-2017, 07:26 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Another help me build/ your thoughts suggestions for my theater room thread

Okay so we have a basement that is finished that we have had my parents staying in for a while. We are moving two boys Downstairs (we have 5 kids) and for safety reasons they are moving into the 24foot by 15 foot room. This room will eventually be my theater in ten plus years. For now we are using a 15 foot by 13 foot room. But it’s tricky. It has two closets And a little electric box/ media cable room
On one wall a door to a bathroom on another wall and a door to the basement on another wall. Right now I have a Eason 8345 that I will not be upgrading for another 2-3 years. It gets me what I need until I’m ready to take the dive into 4K. I also will be using a Onkyo nr575 5.2.2 system with Dolby Atmos. It is still in its box. With that in mind any thoughts on this room. How would you best utilize this space. Oh and the only wall that’s doesn’t have a door has the little window well window that will be getting 3m film treatment for 100% darkness.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 10-02-2017, 07:06 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Not looking for much just maybe some help on where you think it’s best to mount screen and projector and have chairs etc...any help is apperciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #3 of 3 Old 10-03-2017, 10:28 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

heres my thoughts, and can someone please chime in, I really do appreciate any help you can give me. I was thinking of putting a sub in each closet, and hanging or mounting (not sure if I am going to keep my elite 100" manual pull down screen, or get a fixed screen) in front of the closets, essentially trying to block one (thinking of black fabric against that whole wall). My seating would then go around that corner and wall that has the door to the basement on it and I would get some bean bags for kids to sit on floor. all equipment would be in the little closet and that would leave the bathroom open and also I am thinking I will reverse the door to open out, and I can put a candy/popcorn section where the tv stand is now. For the ceiling I was looking at this

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/472244710905489093/

Have it as a light see through black fabric and have the lights still above it to create a starry sky kind of theme. The fabric would be tighter to the ceiling then it is there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page