Replacement speakers for Mitsubishi Big Screen? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 05-15-2000, 10:56 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Have you checked your owner's manual? The speaker specs are usually listed on the technical info page. If you decide to replace the TV speakers, I'd suggest replacing all of them at the same time. Personally, I never use the speakers in my TV because they are cheap and the sound quality is poor. A decent center channel and receiver would make a world of difference....

Greg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-15-2000, 11:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally posted by Greg_R:
A decent center channel and receiver would make a world of difference....

Greg

Yeah. I have a great surround system set up, but I'm looking for something for when the wife just wants to watch a home decor show, or whatever, without turning on the surround. And actually, the original speakers in this TV weren't too bad. I would just like to replace them and maybe even upgrade a little from the originals ;-)

post #3 of 5 Old 05-15-2000, 07:05 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
If you find out how to get to the speakers let us know on this thread. I would love to get to the speaker wiring so I can get an output from the TV to the surround system. The AV net stuff turns on the output and presumes only one input. If I want to use an antenna input there is no sound output. If you can help me figure it out I will most likely send you a speaker to replace yours. I never have used the TV speakers.

------------------
Jerry the HT Nut

Jerry the HT Nut
post #4 of 5 Old 05-15-2000, 09:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Does anyone have any idea what would be a good quality replacement speaker for a 52" Mitsubishi rear projection TV? It's about ten years old, and still has an excellent picture, but one of the speakers is on its death bed!

Has anyone replaced speakers in their similar TV's, and should I assume that these would be 8-ohm or 4-ohm speakers?

Thanks for any advice or input you may have ...!
post #5 of 5 Old 05-16-2000, 10:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, if you get as far as removing your original speakers, you'll see what size they are. As long as you stay with the same ohm-rating (usually written on the magnet), any replacement should do the trick. I imagine larger speakers may have magnetic sheilding to protect the CRTs (though according to another post, magnetism isn't as much of an issue for RPTVs since there is no shadow mask).

It's going to be difficult to really improve the stock sound much by simply adding newer speakers. The TV makes for a less-than-ideal speaker enclosure and the TV's built in amp is a major limiting factor.

Closed Thread General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page