Any Opinions on the new Sony DAV-S300 System - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 06-05-2000, 04:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Does anyone have an opinion on the new Sony DAV-S300
DVD home theater system that they're calling the "DVD Dream" system.

You can review it here: http://crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S-p1m...AVS300&o=M&a=0

It's perfect for a small system that i need in a summer home. I get everything in one unit DVD/CD/Tuner 5speakers + subwoof.

The wattage seems a bit low per speaker, but the $2000 bose systems have 10 watts more than this..

Any one got any perspective.....

------------------
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 07-17-2000, 03:02 PM
AVS Special Member

I think sony hit the nail on the head here. this isnt for the early adopter/ audiophile in us- this is for the joe sixpack in us. This system is a excellent value for what it is.

- Jerry
post #3 of 7 Old 07-17-2000, 09:21 PM
Advanced Member

I have one of these on order from Sears. (Internet price matching is great!) We'll see how it works.

Anyone else already have one of these?

* customer satisfaction, while theoretically possible, is neither guaranteed nor statistically likely.

[This message has been edited by God (edited 08-28-2001).]
post #4 of 7 Old 08-01-2000, 12:50 PM
Advanced Member

Get This.....About three days ago my Fiance' approached me whith this article in a couple month old HT Magazine. She says why dont we get rid of the Toshiba DVD Player in the bedroom and get this new Sony HTIB. Slightly suprised, I said sure it sounds like a decent system for the bedroom. "This is where my jaw hit the floor" She says why dont we move the 32" Wega into the bedroom, and buy that Widescreen Pioneer Elite HD-ready TV youve been lusting after. After a minute of stunned silence I asked when she wanted to do this, She says lets give it to ourselves for Christmas this year. So not only do I have permission to buy two new pieces of equipment I dont have to hunt and search for that "special" Christmas present. Stay back guys... I'm definately marring her!

P.S. In case you are reading this honey, you are still getting somthing "special" in you stocking this year.
post #5 of 7 Old 08-01-2000, 04:44 PM
AVS Special Member

you have a keeper!

- Jerry
post #6 of 7 Old 08-01-2000, 09:34 PM
Advanced Member

Joe Sixpack reporting!

This is my first leap into DVD / HT, and I must say WOW! I have a Sony Trinitron, and the picture is beautiful. But the biggest improvement has to be the sound. I bought this setup thinking that if it turns out to be pretty weak, I could use it for my computer room, or in the bedroom.

No regrets! This system is a perfect HT starter for me. The sound is clear, and the volume is loud enough to annoy my neighbor (I live in a house). I have had a VCR before, and I never understood why someone would want to buy a movie (not including kids movies. Once, twice, 100x is never enough for my 4 year old. ;-), now I have found myself compelled to purchase The Matrix, ID4, etc.

Sony has made it easy for me, and I would gladly recommend this to anyone wanting to "Jump In" without getting soaked. (Man that sounded cheezy)

Joe Sixpack signing off. :-p

* customer satisfaction, while theoretically possible, is neither guaranteed nor statistically likely.

[This message has been edited by God (edited 08-28-2001).]
post #7 of 7 Old 08-02-2000, 03:40 PM
Advanced Member

Fracois -
I can Identify, She frequently tells friends that she hate the fact that I showed her the difference between "BestBuy speakers" usually KLH and really "good" speakers like our B&W CDM7's. Now nothing less will do. She has become a more rabid theaterphile than I am.
Closed Thread General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page