Show your Before and After pics... - Page 29 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Forum Jump: 
 88Likes

Old 07-02-2016, 01:24 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 243
Almost 2 years ago, I purchased (3) Klipsch LaScala Speakers. Due to their size, they would not fit behind my false wall so my friend in Alabama began constructing a new cabinet that would not only accommodate the LaScalas but also would allow me to upgrade from a 103" Elite Screen to a 150" Seymour Center Stage XD Acoustic Transparent Screen. Unfortunately Shaun (wakejunkie from this forum) had 3 strokes within a few week period and put the project on hold. Many months after the strokes, he decided he was going to continue with the build. The strokes caused him to lose his short term memory and can only remember up to around 3 days. So during the entire build, he would continually go down into his workshop and be surprised at what he had built. Now imagine designing a "puzzle" with hundreds of pieces and not being able to remember how you built it or how those pieces go together. Shaun spent 1.5yrs building the custom cabinet, then last week, my father and I drove to Alabama to load up my new cabinet and brought it to it's new home in Florida. We spent 7 days and 107hrs installing the cabinet, screen and moving the projector.

Here is the Original Room when we bought the house. Bare room that is 13' x 19' with 10' ceiling.

HT Version 1 (Oct 2008 - June 2014)

HT Version 2.0 (June 2014 - June 2016)

Unit began as rough cut Red Oak and later stained with Cherry Finish

The projector was moved outside the room inside a hall closet and my son's bedroom closet.

The 150" Seymour Center Stage XD screen with custom Aluminum Frame easily lifts up and is supported by two gas shocks to allow access behind the screen.

Adjustable Shelves

Custom Drawers with Hand Cut Dove Tails and Slow Close Rails

A place to put my remotes

Diamond pattern was created using router. Hand Carved Medallions and Leafs accent the top of the unit

Prior to this project, Shaun had never hand carved anything. I purchased the carving tools he needed just for this build.

The column was hand made using over 96 pieces of wood. Shaun even built a home made lathe to round the column. See my build thread in my signature for this incredible process.

Three lights were installed behind the arch to highlight the diamond pattern and the screen

Blue LED Rope Lighting was added around the screen. All lighting are controlled by a Lutron SPS-600 Dimmers and Lutron Spacer System

One of the best features is the bottom middle cabinet extends on a commercial rail that will support up to 500lbs. This allows me easy access behind the equipment. I forgot to take a photo of it extended after the we finished the build. Below is a photo during construction.

I could not be more pleased with how well the room has turned out with the new cabinet, screen and moving the projector outside the room. Shaun did an AMAZING job. The cabinet is not only beautiful, but it's extremely functional with 4 work lights behind the screen, two switches inside the cabinet to turn on/off each pair of subs, extendable bottom cabinet and the ability to raise the screen to gain access to the speakers.
See my signature for the complete build thread as well as a Video Tour of my new room.
nathan_h, chriscmore, femi and 3 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2016, 09:52 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Liked: 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by youthman View Post
diamond pattern was created using router. Hand carved medallions and leafs accent the top of the unit

prior to this project, shaun had never hand carved anything. I purchased the carving tools he needed just for this build.

The column was hand made using over 96 pieces of wood. Shaun even built a home made lathe to round the column. See my build thread in my signature for this incredible process.

i could not be more pleased with how well the room has turned out with the new cabinet, screen and moving the projector outside the room. Shaun did an amazing job. The cabinet is not only beautiful, but it's extremely functional with 4 work lights behind the screen, two switches inside the cabinet to turn on/off each pair of subs, extendable bottom cabinet and the ability to raise the screen to gain access to the speakers.
See my signature for the complete build thread as well as a video tour of my new room.

beautiful room!

I love my iPhone, but it will never replace my turntable.

The Cinema 1858 Remodel Thread
Old 07-02-2016, 10:08 AM
Advanced Member

Old 07-03-2016, 09:57 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Amazing turn out, great work!
Old 07-03-2016, 10:20 PM
Advanced Member

Old 07-09-2016, 02:09 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Here are a couple of "BEFORE" pics & the after:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140331_041231A.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	118.7 KB
ID:	1537265   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140331_041456A.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	155.6 KB
ID:	1537273   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2100A.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	161.6 KB
ID:	1537297  
nathan_h likes this.
Old 07-09-2016, 05:09 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by macplants View Post
Here are a couple of "BEFORE" pics & the after:
😱 wow! That ceiling... Very classy. Are your heights hidden in some of the ceiling panels?
Old 07-10-2016, 05:24 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaurhead View Post
😱 wow! That ceiling... Very classy. Are your heights hidden in some of the ceiling panels?
Yes, I have four Klipsch CDT-5800-CII in-ceiling speakers. These speakers are aim-able (including the tweeters) as they can be pivoted towards the listening area - sound from the heights is incredible. - Here is a pic:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2135A.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	108.5 KB
ID:	1538305  
Old 07-20-2016, 12:25 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by macplants View Post
Yes, I have four Klipsch CDT-5800-CII in-ceiling speakers. These speakers are aim-able (including the tweeters) as they can be pivoted towards the listening area - sound from the heights is incredible. - Here is a pic:
I bet they sound stellar. Beautiful room, again!

Mr. Pibb > Dr. Pepper > Everything Else
My Fun Room!
Old 07-20-2016, 06:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 863 Post(s)
Liked: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by youthman View Post
Almost 2 years ago, I purchased (3) Klipsch LaScala Speakers. Due to their size, they would not fit behind my false wall so my friend in Alabama began constructing a new cabinet that would not only accommodate the LaScalas but also would allow me to upgrade from a 103" Elite Screen to a 150" Seymour Center Stage XD Acoustic Transparent Screen. Unfortunately Shaun (wakejunkie from this forum) had 3 strokes within a few week period and put the project on hold. Many months after the strokes, he decided he was going to continue with the build. The strokes caused him to lose his short term memory and can only remember up to around 3 days. So during the entire build, he would continually go down into his workshop and be surprised at what he had built. Now imagine designing a "puzzle" with hundreds of pieces and not being able to remember how you built it or how those pieces go together. Shaun spent 1.5yrs building the custom cabinet, then last week, my father and I drove to Alabama to load up my new cabinet and brought it to it's new home in Florida. We spent 7 days and 107hrs installing the cabinet, screen and moving the projector.

Here is the Original Room when we bought the house. Bare room that is 13' x 19' with 10' ceiling.

HT Version 1 (Oct 2008 - June 2014)

HT Version 2.0 (June 2014 - June 2016)

Unit began as rough cut Red Oak and later stained with Cherry Finish

The projector was moved outside the room inside a hall closet and my son's bedroom closet.

The 150" Seymour Center Stage XD screen with custom Aluminum Frame easily lifts up and is supported by two gas shocks to allow access behind the screen.

Adjustable Shelves

Custom Drawers with Hand Cut Dove Tails and Slow Close Rails

A place to put my remotes

Diamond pattern was created using router. Hand Carved Medallions and Leafs accent the top of the unit

Prior to this project, Shaun had never hand carved anything. I purchased the carving tools he needed just for this build.

Three lights were installed behind the arch to highlight the diamond pattern and the screen

Blue LED Rope Lighting was added around the screen. All lighting are controlled by a Lutron SPS-600 Dimmers and Lutron Spacer System

One of the best features is the bottom middle cabinet extends on a commercial rail that will support up to 500lbs. This allows me easy access behind the equipment. I forgot to take a photo of it extended after the we finished the build. Below is a photo during construction.

I could not be more pleased with how well the room has turned out with the new cabinet, screen and moving the projector outside the room. Shaun did an AMAZING job. The cabinet is not only beautiful, but it's extremely functional with 4 work lights behind the screen, two switches inside the cabinet to turn on/off each pair of subs, extendable bottom cabinet and the ability to raise the screen to gain access to the speakers.
See my signature for the complete build thread as well as a Video Tour of my new room.

This. Is. Awesome. Very very nice work!

This is my before and after.

Before

After

More in the sig.

My Current "Living Room" Home Theater!
Plasma 50" TV: Samsung PN50C8000 — DLP Projector: Optoma GT1080
Projector Screen: Elite VMAX2 Electric — Receiver:Pioneer Elite VSX-44 — Fronts: B&W 684 S1
Center: B&W CM Center S2 — Surrounds: B&W 685 S1 — Subwoofer: Rythmik FV15HP
Rear Surrounds: Polk Audio T15 — Front Heights: Polk Audio T15
Sponsored Links
Advertisement