Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 09-15-2000, 11:48 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Are these any good?
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI...item=436260992

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-15-2000, 01:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 17
They seem "good" to me, although not altogether the most comfortable seats for long periods of time.

I plan to purchase something similar from a local theater in town (that went out of business) I will buy 4 or 5 of those, and then get 2 or 3 really comfy recliner types for normal viewing. So when only a few people are in the theater we can sit in supreme comfort (in the prime viewing spot) but if more come over they have "Seats" too. Of course they would probably only want to sit in them for the length of one film, but hey thats plenty for when entertaining guests in a theater.

So I guess to sum it up, these are probably great, but you PROBABLY wouldn't want them to be your main living room seats or anything if you watch more then a couple hours of TV a day.

------------------
It's great to have all this great gear. But I'd instead put all that money into software (Movies) I'd have SOMETHING TO WATCH ON ALL THIS GREAT GEAR. Doh!

It's hard to love Martin Logans and 2.35:1 CIH at the same time...
post #3 of 4 Old 09-16-2000, 01:24 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Before you buy these, look in the heading "Accessories" for the two threads entiteled "theater seats" and "theater seats from Matt". Randy
post #4 of 4 Old 09-18-2000, 09:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 211
I purchased 8 of these exact seats from the same guy on ebay back in about January of this year. The fabric is in excellent shape. These were recently recovered. When mine came, I DID have to clean the rest of them up a bit. A little gum here, a little gum there. It just chipped right off pretty easy. I used 409 and a scrub brush on the rest of the seats and they cleaned up really well. I got a tough metal brush attachment for my drill and used it to get the little bit of rust and loose paint off of the legs. I then masked off the fabric on the seat bottoms (the backs were easily removable)and primed and painted everything with a nice acrylic paint. I used a grey color. I put on several coats, and then put several coats of clear acrylic on the armrests/cupholders. That really helped to protect them from scratches. I got aisle pieces and had to touch them up a but, and ended up painting them black. I have since put a decorative piece on top of the black end pieces and it really dresses them up.

It may sound like a lot of work, but it really wasn't that bad. It just took a lot of time and space for painting. I put a ton of coats of paint on so that it would look really nice.

Overall I am very happy. Sure, they don't recline. Sure they may not be perfect, but the only one that really cares seems to be me. Nobody else really thinks about it because they don't know that other kinds of seats exist. Besides, I would rather pay $40 per seat and spend a little time and a little more money (maybe about another $15 per seat) than spend $400 per seat for a new luxery style.

Now if I could just find the nice reclining theater seats for $40.....

------------------
Nick Buol

Home Theater - The disease you want to catch!

- Nick Buol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Closed Thread General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page