Just wiring 2 HDMI cables from mounted plasma - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 06-10-2007, 09:05 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Planning on mounting a plasma over my fireplace and then routing 2 HDMI cables (the max hdmi inputs) from the plasma to a nearby closet where the components (receiver, dvd player, comcast cable box, etc) will be. I am not considering any other cables from the plasma to this closet. Am I wrong here? Should I consider running component, s-video, etc? I want to keep it simple and since HDMI is the ultimate cable for video and audio, why not? I may only consider a PC cable (Mini D-sub 15-pin) since the plasma has this input and I may one day have a htpc running in the closet.

Any thoughts around this? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-11-2007, 09:16 AM

Wire everything now. Costs you next to nothing but will save you later IF you decide to use any of those inputs.

Panasonic TH-42PHD8UK
Denon AVR-2106
Denon DVM-1805
Aperion Audio Intimus 523 (Left/Right only)
Motorola DCT6412 Digital Cable Box
post #3 of 3 Old 06-12-2007, 02:22 PM

You know everyone will tell you to pull everything and of course in an ideal world that is what you would do. And then after pulling every cable known to man at this point you would leave at least a 1" conduit for what is not yet known to man.

Back in the real world, where pulling cable is a major pain and sometimes you cannot take it where you would like, plus you don't want to spend all that money cables you want to pull a subset...

I was recently in the same situation. I ended up pulling the following:-

1. HDMI
2. Component
3. S-Video
4. RG6 Coax
5. Cat 6

I wish I could have put a conduit in but in reality not very possible. Hopefully I will have moved home before those cables get too obsolete.

Running 2 HDMI might be wise as that is likely to be the big cable for the future and you would hate for it to die on you (not sure if cables ever really die.....)

Check out Bluejeanscable or monoprice and pick up some cables. Pull more than you want. It is easier in the long run, or pull as many as you can...

Matthew

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page