Projector Placement - Help Please - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 06-18-2007, 06:02 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,

This is my first post and I require a bit of help on projector placement.

I read yesterday that the PJ should be 25% of the screen height either above or below the screen. I have a low ceiling in my basement of 85 1/2 inchs , which is 7 ft 1 1/2 inches. From the ceiling height to the equipment on my top shelf of my rack is 51 1/2 inches for the screen drop.

I was thinking on a 92 inch screen.If the PJ was ceiling mounted , I wouldn't have the required 25% of the screen height to mount the PJ higher than the screen. Is this a problem? and do you have any solutions ?

I would like the PJ to be on the ceiling if possible. I haven't bought the PJ yet and am new to all this , so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-18-2007, 12:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Where you mount the projector is projector specific. So are you saying the that projector you have is telling you there is a 25% offset top or bottom? and if so it would be within that range not precisely 25%.
My projector must be mounted so that the lens is within the area of the screen and horzontally centered so as long as the lens is within the 51" height of my screen, anywhere in that area it is fine.
Some other projectors allow you to be higher or lower than the screen and still work fine.

So you need to pick the projector and find out what the offset of that particular model is.

McCall
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Yup that really IS me in the avatar.
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...he+Mickelodeon
post #3 of 3 Old 06-20-2007, 09:39 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOONGUY View Post

Hi,

This is my first post and I require a bit of help on projector placement.

I read yesterday that the PJ should be 25% of the screen height either above or below the screen. I have a low ceiling in my basement of 85 1/2 inchs , which is 7 ft 1 1/2 inches. From the ceiling height to the equipment on my top shelf of my rack is 51 1/2 inches for the screen drop.

I was thinking on a 92 inch screen.If the PJ was ceiling mounted , I wouldn't have the required 25% of the screen height to mount the PJ higher than the screen. Is this a problem? and do you have any solutions ?

I would like the PJ to be on the ceiling if possible. I haven't bought the PJ yet and am new to all this , so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

As stated, a lot depends on the PJ itself. I have a similar limitation on my ceiling (7") and my Panasonic AX100U works like a CHAMP mounted on the ceiling with a Chief mount.

I have a 114" x 47" screen.

My room size is 13" x19.5"
Best,

Chinaclipper

Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page