So if I am not careful; springtime and my Son's soccer may get me "Loganed". In order to avoid that distinction, I offer the following evidence of forward progress:
I did manage to purchase some Linacoustic:
Last report had me at the point of stuffing my soffitt, removing my screen, and priming the entire soffitt surround in flat-black, in preparation for GOM:
Primed flat black and Linacoustic is now covering the exposed mineral wool (front and underside)
And now with the GOM stretched and stapled, Just what i was hoping; for the underside distractions have disappeared:
The GOM extends from the ceiling/soffitt intersection down vertically, then wraps under the crown and across the underside to the screen wall (allowing space to hang my drapes and valance) . Result: everything has disappeared into a sea of black.
Next up: to install the linacoustic and trim above and below the screen , and the flanking walls.
Oh; and I just got word the Marantz service center called - they have installed and updated the firmware in my Marantz 7002 - will pick it up tonight and get some "working music" back into the room