New Home Theatre Setup - General Questions - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 02-06-2008, 06:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I recently had my basement finished and now I am looking at getting the home theatre setup.

I have not 100% decided on anything else and nothing has been purchased so figured I would get some input before I start getting any of the pieces.

Television: SAMSUNG LNT4671, SAMSUNG LNT4669, SAMSUNG FPT5084 or PANASONIC TH50PZ77

Receiver: Not really sure what I need, I spoke to my friend and he said that not all receivers can seperate audio when using an HDMI connection? I was thinking the Yamaha 6190 but not sure if it is going to be overkill.

Front/Rear Speakers: KLIPSCH Synergy S3, KLIPSCH Synergy B3, ENERGY RC-Mini or ENERGY RC-10

Center Channel Speaker: KLIPSCH C3, ENERGY 2.0Ci or ENERGY RC-LCR

Subwoofer: KLIPSCH SUB-10, KLIPSCH SUB-12, ENERGY S10.3 or ENERGY S8.3

Other items that I will be connecting will be a PS3, FTA Receiver and a BELL HD Receiver.

Any/All input is greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-14-2008, 12:06 PM

Liked: 10
If you're looking at 46" and 50" TV's, I'd consider going bigger. Is the basement going to be entirely home theater? If so, your viewing distance is at least 10 ft? I've got a 65" Olevia LCOS 1080p TV & it looks fantastic at 10 ft. Before that I had a 53" Pioneer CRT RPTV. It also looked great at 10'. When it comes to screen size, there's no such thing as too big. If you already have a bookshelf that only accomodates a 47" TV, sell it and buy a bigger bookshelf.

How do you plan to route your cabling between AV sources and the AVR and TV? Are you going to switch sources from the TV or the AVR? I've got everything going to the receiver and then to the TV and speakers. Not sure what you mean by separating the audio from HDMI. Just make sure the receiver has enough inputs to handle all the AV sources & enough power for your speakers.

Hope this helps some.

Jay Lynch
post #3 of 3 Old 02-14-2008, 01:30 PM

Liked: 11
"not all receivers can seperate audio when using an HDMI connection"
This is very true a lot of the entry level recievers with HDMI(mine included) work are what they call HDMI™ Pass-Through in which the receiver would not pass audio throught to the speakers only video to your display.
Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page