Using a freestanding wall in media room? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 02-08-2008, 02:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm getting ready to start framing out my basement but still haven't come to a totally satisfactory solution for how I'm going to mount my panny 58PZ750U. Due to the window positions it makes the most sense to try and utilize the alcove at the top of the picture but I was going to place the equipment in a built-in DIY rack and have the plasma mounted above that where I'd frame over the opening (sort of a wall floating in air thing.). I could also build shelving on the upper portion as well as the finished ceiling will be a bit over 8 feet.

Now I'm thinking of building a wall about 2 feet in front of the finished alcove and the equipment and storage would be in the alcove with the plasma mount on a full height wall in front of the alcove that would be about 6 or 7 feet wide. A final option would be to build an entire wall with a door for access that would also hide the windows. Since this isn't a dedicated movie room I'm a bit reluctant to go that route. I'm also reluctant to give up the alcove as usable space - which is probably stopping me from seeing the ideal solution

One really wild idea I had was to build the 5' section of wall as a door to allow access to the equipment while still having the plasma mounted on the "wall". The door jamb area could be hidden using pillars with the speakers mounted in them.

Oh, and I'm trying to find a solution that doesn't preclude going to a projection system in the future

Any other ideas out there?
LL
Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page