Queen's Future HT - Page 34 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #991 of 1592 Old 04-15-2009, 05:09 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
queendvd2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,935
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnwalters View Post

Queen, I saw in the zoom vs lens thread you mentioned how you wished you had a 2:40 screen. Do you have spill over even with movies "claiming" to be 2:35?

I was trying to figure out how to handle it, and I think I have. On my Anthem I can "crop" vertically and/or horizontally. So if I set the inputs up like 2:40, I could crop the black bars on the top and bottom and the crop the overspill on the right and left from the difference between 2:35 and 2:40. Hopefully this will work.

After some further discussion with my installer (after the fact) he convinced me that 2.35:1 was the way to go for me. If I had gone 2.37 or 2.4 then when I watched a 2.35 movie I would have had small white vertical bars on the left and right sides. To me, this was way less desirable than just getting some overspill on the black velvet. No biggee. When I start inspecting, it bothers me but if I just sit back and actually let myself enjoy a movie then I don't even notice it!

On a separate note, had to go to the blood lab today for some testing and the office building had gorgeous wainscoting and humongous crown. As I was walking down the hall, I couldn't help myself from inspecting all their inside corners and how they did with them. Walking through a room and/or building will never be the same again .


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
queendvd2 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #992 of 1592 Old 04-15-2009, 06:42 PM
AVS Special Member
 
shawnwalters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Chicago, IL & Wilmington, NC
Posts: 3,005
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by queendvd2 View Post

After some further discussion with my installer (after the fact) he convinced me that 2.35:1 was the way to go for me. If I had gone 2.37 or 2.4 then when I watched a 2.35 movie I would have had small white vertical bars on the left and right sides. To me, this was way less desirable than just getting some overspill on the black velvet. No biggee. When I start inspecting, it bothers me but if I just sit back and actually let myself enjoy a movie then I don't even notice it!

The white bars would have sucked! Yeah I'd definitely prefer a little overspill on the sides over white bars!

Quote:
Originally Posted by queendvd2 View Post

On a separate note, had to go to the blood lab today for some testing and the office building had gorgeous wainscoting and humongous crown. As I was walking down the hall, I couldn't help myself from inspecting all their inside corners and how they did with them. Walking through a room and/or building will never be the same again .

It's funny you mention this, when my wife and I were building our house we had to make a ton of difficult decisions, like what color roof, what faucets etc.

So when we were trying to select our roof color, I started noticing roofs on like every building. It's something you normally never really focus on, but when it's in your mind it really sticks out.

My Theater -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
shawnwalters is offline  
post #993 of 1592 Old 04-16-2009, 07:17 AM
CJO
AVS Special Member
 
CJO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 2,940
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by queendvd2 View Post

After some further discussion with my installer (after the fact) he convinced me that 2.35:1 was the way to go for me. If I had gone 2.37 or 2.4 then when I watched a 2.35 movie I would have had small white vertical bars on the left and right sides. To me, this was way less desirable than just getting some overspill on the black velvet. No biggee. When I start inspecting, it bothers me but if I just sit back and actually let myself enjoy a movie then I don't even notice it!

I have been rethinking whether I want to keep with 2.35 or go with 2.40. I talked with Ruben and he said that you could just trim down the side bars to change the aspect ratio. That, combined with SMX's new Propanels manual masking, may be the way I go.

CJ

coneilliv at aol dot com


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(a bunch of good reference links and material in first 15 posts)
CJO is offline  
post #994 of 1592 Old 04-16-2009, 07:40 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
queendvd2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,935
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJO View Post

I have been rethinking whether I want to keep with 2.35 or go with 2.40. I talked with Ruben and he said that you could just trim down the side bars to change the aspect ratio. That, combined with SMX's new Propanels manual masking, may be the way I go.

CJ

If you will have the manual masking then I'd say go for the 2.4! How cool does the automated masking look . Too bad it's way out of my budget.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
queendvd2 is offline  
post #995 of 1592 Old 04-16-2009, 07:50 PM
AVS Special Member
 
shawnwalters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Chicago, IL & Wilmington, NC
Posts: 3,005
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by queendvd2 View Post

Too bad it's way out of my budget.

Mine too, does look cool though

My Theater -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
shawnwalters is offline  
post #996 of 1592 Old 04-16-2009, 08:33 PM
AVS Special Member
 
cuzed2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Chicago Area
Posts: 4,414
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by queendvd2 View Post

Yes, checked out your thread. Thanks for posting the pics. I'll have to take a closer look at that. However, I may just go the simple and cheap route and just have white MDF with a nice bevelled edge painted white to match the cabinets. I have something similar in my family room and like that look.

I've got the discontinued 078s, which I believe are the 090s with the 088 backs.

Queen,

One more question regarding seating and layout; I know it is mentioned earlier somewhere in your thread, but I am too lazy to go searching; so I'll ask:

What is the width of your walkway aisles along the sidewalls of your HT room?

Thanks in Advance!

Cuzed2
Check out a video of my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Officially Hanesamatized on 8/1/09

cuzed2 is offline  
post #997 of 1592 Old 04-17-2009, 04:38 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
queendvd2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,935
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamis View Post

I am so jealous of the loveseat config in the front row. We wanted to do it but the room needed another foot or so in width to make it workable.

Looks great! You just need to make a fabric panel for that AC unit.

Hey Jamis, just took another look at your room. Not sure of the config of all your chairs but perhaps you could just move some around and get your loveseat. For example, my set is really just two rows of 4 seats but I moved the double arm one to the back to get my loveseat in the front, netting me IOIOOIOI for the front and IOIOIIOIOI for the back.

For yours, could you move them around so you get IOIOOI for the front and IOIIOIOI for the back? Aesthetically, not as nice since your back row will be wider (and your entrance is in the rear, whereas mine is by the screen) so not sure if that will work for you.

Funny thing about the loveseat is that I did it purely due to room size limitations but now 'love' having it.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
queendvd2 is offline  
post #998 of 1592 Old 04-17-2009, 04:48 AM
AVS Special Member
 
smakovits's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,078
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzed2 View Post

Queen,

One more question regarding seating and layout; I know it is mentioned earlier somewhere in your thread, but I am too lazy to go searching; so I'll ask:

What is the width of your walkway aisles along the sidewalls of your HT room?

Thanks in Advance!

24" and because she made an ankle breaker, she cut it down to 21" I believe.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
smakovits is offline  
post #999 of 1592 Old 04-17-2009, 06:18 AM
AVS Special Member
 
jamis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,919
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by queendvd2 View Post

Hey Jamis, just took another look at your room. Not sure of the config of all your chairs but perhaps you could just move some around and get your loveseat. For example, my set is really just two rows of 4 seats but I moved the double arm one to the back to get my loveseat in the front, netting me IOIOOIOI for the front and IOIOIIOIOI for the back.

For yours, could you move them around so you get IOIOOI for the front and IOIIOIOI for the back? Aesthetically, not as nice since your back row will be wider (and your entrance is in the rear, whereas mine is by the screen) so not sure if that will work for you.

Funny thing about the loveseat is that I did it purely due to room size limitations but now 'love' having it.

Unfortunately, my seating consists of 2 2-arm chairs, and 4 right arm chairs so i can't make a love seat. I would have to buy an armless seat to do it.

As it is now, the aisles are perfect so we aren't currently willing to add the width. We had originally though of doing |OO|O| in the front and |O|OO| in the back, but we preferred the symmetry of the three separate seats.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
||
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jamis is offline  
post #1000 of 1592 Old 04-17-2009, 08:54 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
queendvd2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,935
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzed2 View Post

Queen,

One more question regarding seating and layout; I know it is mentioned earlier somewhere in your thread, but I am too lazy to go searching; so I'll ask:

What is the width of your walkway aisles along the sidewalls of your HT room?

Thanks in Advance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smakovits View Post

24" and because she made an ankle breaker, she cut it down to 21" I believe.

Smaks is right. Initial plan was 24" but I neglected to make my stair that same width so now it's only 21" since I butt the chair up to the step in order to prevent the 'ankle breaker'.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
queendvd2 is offline  
post #1001 of 1592 Old 04-17-2009, 08:55 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
queendvd2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,935
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just finished watching "Forbidden Kingdom". While the cinematography was beautiful, especially the waterfalls, the movie didn't do much for me. My husband is a big martial arts fan, but I thought it was too campy.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
queendvd2 is offline  
post #1002 of 1592 Old 04-18-2009, 06:26 AM
AVS Special Member
 
hanesian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Twin Citiesville, MN
Posts: 2,794
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by queendvd2 View Post

Just finished watching "Forbidden Kingdom". While the cinematography was beautiful, especially the waterfalls, the movie didn't do much for me. My husband is a big martial arts fan, but I thought it was too campy.

Which is too campy - the movie, the martial arts or your husband?!


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

_________________________________
State Certified Alcohol Disposal Expert.

 

hanesian is offline  
post #1003 of 1592 Old 04-18-2009, 11:19 AM
AVS Special Member
 
cuzed2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Chicago Area
Posts: 4,414
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by queendvd2 View Post

Smaks is right. Initial plan was 24" but I neglected to make my stair that same width so now it's only 21" since I butt the chair up to the step in order to prevent the 'ankle breaker'.

Thanks! This will help me with dimensions for my 2nd row riser (and placement of my front row!

Cuzed2
Check out a video of my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Officially Hanesamatized on 8/1/09

cuzed2 is offline  
post #1004 of 1592 Old 04-18-2009, 02:18 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
queendvd2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,935
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Nothing worse than having a theater you cannot get to work. Once again, troubles getting the movie to appear on the screen. The dreaded HDMI 2 No Input showing in the upper right corner. Even tried shutting all the power down again via my Panamax. I'm not quite sure what is going on but it's about as frustrating as ever. Especially since, prior to the HT crew's last visit, we were able to play any dvd seamlessly. Since their last visit, performance has been spotty as heck. While last night we were able to view a movie I just tried to put in "Bolt" (the new copy no less) and no dice .


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
queendvd2 is offline  
post #1005 of 1592 Old 04-18-2009, 03:34 PM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR
 
BIGmouthinDC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 20,848
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 289 Post(s)
Liked: 618
you have to try to isolate the cause, which piece of gear and which cable is causing the problem.

For starters you can take the HDMI cable from the projector and plug it directly into the blu-ray player. If that works then you've narrowed the problem down to the cable from the player to the receiver or the receiver. If it doesn't work then it is either the projector, cable or blu-ray player. So then you try plugging it into something other than the blu-ray like your Sat receiver. If it works you've got a bad blu-ray. If it doesn't than you need to narrow it down to the cable or projector so you take your player out into the room and hook it up to the projector with a shorter cable. If you can get it to work something is going wrong with the cable.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PROJECTS:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
,

BIGmouthinDC is offline  
post #1006 of 1592 Old 04-18-2009, 04:04 PM
AVS Special Member
 
shawnwalters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Chicago, IL & Wilmington, NC
Posts: 3,005
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by queendvd2 View Post

Nothing worse than having a theater you cannot get to work. Once again, troubles getting the movie to appear on the screen. The dreaded HDMI 2 No Input showing in the upper right corner. Even tried shutting all the power down again via my Panamax. I'm not quite sure what is going on but it's about as frustrating as ever. Especially since, prior to the HT crew's last visit, we were able to play any dvd seamlessly. Since their last visit, performance has been spotty as heck. While last night we were able to view a movie I just tried to put in "Bolt" (the new copy no less) and no dice .

That sucks Queen. I know we can figure it out for you though. You said HDMI 2. Do you have an HDMI cable hooked up to HDMI 1? Like for instance for your cable or something? And is your HDMI 2 cable that is attached to your projector hooked up to your receiver or your BD player?

My Theater -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
shawnwalters is offline  
post #1007 of 1592 Old 04-18-2009, 05:26 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
queendvd2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,935
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnwalters View Post

That sucks Queen. I know we can figure it out for you though. You said HDMI 2. Do you have an HDMI cable hooked up to HDMI 1? Like for instance for your cable or something? And is your HDMI 2 cable that is attached to your projector hooked up to your receiver or your BD player?

The HDMI 2 is for the JVC RS20 hook-up to the Marantz, while the HDMI 1 is for the Samsung LCD to the Marantz. Last time, we went through this exercise, we brought down our old dvd player (with an HDMI port) and hooked it up directly to the RS20 (and it worked), leading us to believe we had a bum HDMI cable. However, after my husband hooked everything else back up to original form, then it started working again. He seems to think it has something to do with the "Bolt" BD because every time we try to play that sucker it messes the whole system up. I never realized what a bear these HDMI handshakes were!


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
queendvd2 is offline  
post #1008 of 1592 Old 04-18-2009, 05:39 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
queendvd2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,935
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just spoke with my sister, who doesn't have a BD player yet, but she has been trying to play her "Bolt" as well and the sound keeps going in and out. Perhaps this is an issue with the entire first pressing of all "Bolt" dvds?


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
queendvd2 is offline  
post #1009 of 1592 Old 04-18-2009, 05:43 PM
AVS Special Member
 
shawnwalters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Chicago, IL & Wilmington, NC
Posts: 3,005
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Does the video to the lcd work? I don't think it would be all caused by a dvd unless it somehow was oily or something and messed things up inside your player. Does it do this with every dvd or only bolt?

So when you watch cable - does the picture show then? And does that go through the same hdmi 2 input on the projector?

My Theater -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
shawnwalters is offline  
post #1010 of 1592 Old 04-18-2009, 05:54 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
queendvd2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,935
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnwalters View Post

Does the video to the lcd work? I don't think it would be all caused by a dvd unless it somehow was oily or something and messed things up inside your player. Does it do this with every dvd or only bolt?

So when you watch cable - does the picture show then? And does that go through the same hdmi 2 input on the projector?

Actually, right now we can't do anything with the LCD (short of basic cable) since the Monoprice splitter did not want to recognize the Panny BD55 so the HT guy took it back and is researching which splitter will work with it. I posted in the Panny owner's thread looking to see if anyone else had these HDMI handshake issues and I only found one other guy but the others are passing 720p, not 1080p. We successfully watch a few dvds after the first "No HDMI 2 Input" error, which first occurred after putting in "Bolt" on Easter Sunday. Then got a new copy of "Bolt" and put it in today. Would only play a few trailers and then crap out again. So then I tried to put in "Ratatouille" and nothing but the blue screen.

BIG, you were so right from the get-go. You had originally suggested to me to just use separate equipment for the LCD, but all the installers I had spoken with told me it would be no problem to have it access the HT equipment. With the additional $$ spent on the lengthy HDMI cable, splitter etc. it's starting to add up.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
queendvd2 is offline  
post #1011 of 1592 Old 04-18-2009, 05:57 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
queendvd2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,935
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Ok, so much for communication over here. My husband just informed me that he got it up and running again after he did a hard shut down of the whole system. I'm telling you it's a "Bolt" conspiracy! This time, I'm returning the dvd for good and not exchanging it.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
queendvd2 is offline  
post #1012 of 1592 Old 04-18-2009, 06:01 PM
AVS Special Member
 
shawnwalters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Chicago, IL & Wilmington, NC
Posts: 3,005
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by queendvd2 View Post

Ok, so much for communication over here. My husband just informed me that he got it up and running again after he did a hard shut down of the whole system. I'm telling you it's a "Bolt" conspiracy! This time, I'm returning the dvd for good and not exchanging it.

LOL, isn't that what he did last time to fix it too? Should have been the first thing he tried! Glad it's back working at least, especially on a Saturday night

Another note, since Bolt is new and you keep having issues, have you updated the firmware on your bd player recently? Your receiver may be updatable too.

My Theater -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
shawnwalters is offline  
post #1013 of 1592 Old 04-18-2009, 06:06 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
queendvd2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,935
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnwalters View Post

LOL, isn't that what he did last time to fix it too? Should have been the first thing he tried! Glad it's back working at least, especially on a Saturday night

Another note, since Bolt is new and you keep having issues, have you updated the firmware on your bd player recently? Your receiver may be updatable too.

Yes, my husband updates it (Panny) all the time. I think it's up to 1.8 right now. Hmmm...not sure about the Marantz though. I vaguely recall his mentioning earlier that they don't provide updates for the AV8003. I'll check with him again.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
queendvd2 is offline  
post #1014 of 1592 Old 04-18-2009, 06:07 PM
AVS Special Member
 
shawnwalters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Chicago, IL & Wilmington, NC
Posts: 3,005
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Then, seeing as it's happened twice, all I can say is to avoid bolt like the plague

My Theater -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
shawnwalters is offline  
post #1015 of 1592 Old 04-18-2009, 06:46 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
queendvd2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,935
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So after I convinced myself to watch a movie alone since my husband has to get up very early tomorrow, I get through seven minutes of "Casino Royale" (yes, have already seen but didn't want to watch a new one to make my husband feel bad) the dreaded blue screen shows up and the HDMI - 2 No Input message . Ugh! I wonder if my HDMI cable is going bad. I can't help but wonder though whether something was done when they tried to hook up my splitter since I didn't have any of these issues prior. This is complete torture!


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
queendvd2 is offline  
post #1016 of 1592 Old 04-18-2009, 10:38 PM
AVS Special Member
 
smakovits's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,078
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
What happens if you plug the hdmi for the lcd into the same output as the one for the projector. Just to see if it too has the blue screen. If it does then it helps narrow the issue to equipment, if not, then maybe it is the hdmi to the projector. I would hate to go as far as saying it is the projector as that would be the only other piece of equipment in this mix beyond that. So yeah, plug the lcd into the output that is used for the projector when this happens and report back. process of elimination at this point.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
smakovits is offline  
post #1017 of 1592 Old 04-19-2009, 05:10 AM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR
 
BIGmouthinDC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 20,848
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 289 Post(s)
Liked: 618
Is the HDMI2 no input message a projector or receiver generated message? I know it it is on the screen but does it match other menus and messages that the projector generates?

The reason I ask is I would have thought that the HDMI cable would have been plugged into HDMI 1 input on your projector so when the projector searches for a signal it doesn't have far to go.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PROJECTS:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
,

BIGmouthinDC is offline  
post #1018 of 1592 Old 04-19-2009, 08:28 AM
AVS Special Member
 
shawnwalters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Chicago, IL & Wilmington, NC
Posts: 3,005
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Have you contacted your installer about this? He's gonna know your system better than us since he set it up.

But I thought of something last night that you mentioned. Is the hdmi cable for the lcd/splitter whatever plugged into the hdmi 1 port from the receiver? My Anthem doesn't like sending the hdmi signal if both devices are not on at the same time. It's very strange. Anyway, can you unplug the other hdmi cable to your lcd/splitter so that only your projector is connected to the hdmi outs on your receiver? Then power cycle everything (completely unplug from wall power for 30 seconds).

And just to help us know what is working and not working - does your cable tv work on your projector? I'm assuming that goes through the same hdmi cable out from your receiver to your projector?

My Theater -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
shawnwalters is offline  
post #1019 of 1592 Old 04-19-2009, 10:10 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
queendvd2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,935
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by smakovits View Post

What happens if you plug the hdmi for the lcd into the same output as the one for the projector. Just to see if it too has the blue screen. If it does then it helps narrow the issue to equipment, if not, then maybe it is the hdmi to the projector. I would hate to go as far as saying it is the projector as that would be the only other piece of equipment in this mix beyond that. So yeah, plug the lcd into the output that is used for the projector when this happens and report back. process of elimination at this point.

Unfortunately, am unable to do the above since we've got a completely separate conduit running from the LCD (in the playroom) to the equipment stack.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
queendvd2 is offline  
post #1020 of 1592 Old 04-19-2009, 10:12 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
queendvd2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,935
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGmouthinDC View Post

Is the HDMI2 no input message a projector or receiver generated message? I know it it is on the screen but does it match other menus and messages that the projector generates?

The reason I ask is I would have thought that the HDMI cable would have been plugged into HDMI 1 input on your projector so when the projector searches for a signal it doesn't have far to go.

My husband believes it's a receiver generated message. Not sure why the installer chose HDMI 2 for the projector.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
queendvd2 is offline  
Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

Tags
Projectors , Speaker Systems , Chief , Wall Mount , Samsung Ln46a650 46 Inch 1080p 120 Hz Lcd Hdtv With Red Touch Of Color , Monoprice , Marantz Av8003 Networking Preamplifier , Oppo , Oppo Bdp 83 Blu Ray Player , Marantz , Replacement Projector Tv Lamp An K9lp For Sharp Xv Z9000 Xv Z9000e Xv Z9000u Projectors Tvs , Marantz Sr8002 Surround Receiver
Gear in this thread - Z9000 by PriceGrabber.com

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off