post #32 of 49 Old 11-10-2012, 04:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by redlightracerLS View Post

It is a 55" panny

Wow and its flexing that much?! I have a slight flex and i have a 40 in Samsung.

AVR: Onkyo 3009...Onkyo 609 (Old)
Amp: QSC GX5 (powering RTi A7s) & GX3 (powering CSi3)

Speakers:
Polk Audio CSi3 (Center)...CS1 (Old)
Polk Audio RTi A7 (Fronts)...Monitor 60 (old)
Polk Audio OWM 5 (Surrounds)

Sub: SVS PC12-Plus...BIC America PL-200(Old)
post #33 of 49 Old 11-12-2012, 08:56 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by freeyayo50 View Post

Wow and its flexing that much?! I have a slight flex and i have a 40 in Samsung.
I don't know if I would say it was a lot but it did make it lean back but it also made it much more bouncy and that made me nervous. I talked the wife in to letting me put a shelf above the TV on the wall so that seems to have fixed the issue.
post #34 of 49 Old 11-12-2012, 06:14 PM

Yea, I know what you are talking about with the bounce lol. Glad you'll have a shelf now. More stable

AVR: Onkyo 3009...Onkyo 609 (Old)
Amp: QSC GX5 (powering RTi A7s) & GX3 (powering CSi3)

Speakers:
Polk Audio CSi3 (Center)...CS1 (Old)
Polk Audio RTi A7 (Fronts)...Monitor 60 (old)
Polk Audio OWM 5 (Surrounds)

Sub: SVS PC12-Plus...BIC America PL-200(Old)
post #35 of 49 Old 09-13-2013, 09:22 AM

Hi all,

Thanks for the idea. I found this post and used the mount idea to help mount my CC above my TV. Just wanted to share how I did it. Since my Polk CC is pretty large, I added a closet rod and hardware piece to the under side of the plywood base to keep the weight from pulling back on the TV. Also I drilled 2 Eyeloops in to each side of the plywood base to keep it from sliding back and forth as well as being able to use zip ties to keep it from sliding backwards. I spray painted the plywood base with one of the rubber sprays so the whole thing has a grippy texture.

post #36 of 49 Old 01-23-2014, 04:39 PM

I think I'm going to attempt this but also with a closet rod/dowl in the back to take the torque off the top of the TV. What we really need a speaker mount that uses a VESA mounting and two LONG adjustable legs off the back that can go all the way down to a regular TV stand to take the torquing action off the top of the TV. In fact, I may just reuse a stand I have that works for DLP TVs and try to find much longer adjustable legs to screw to it.
post #37 of 49 Old 05-12-2014, 05:40 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Bump from the dead. Googling ways to mount or place my Pioneer C22 and came across this. Thinking about making one of these for my Vizio M50. How are they holding up?
post #38 of 49 Old 05-13-2014, 07:18 AM

I used my old above TV speaker mount that was made for a sloped DLP back (http://www.amazon.com/OmniMount-CCH1B-Channel-Discontinued-Manufacturer/sim/B00067AIEU/2) and then bought two 36" long 1" diameter dowels and secured them where the adjustable legs used to be. I put some adjustable feet on the bottom of the dowels for height adjustment and some rubber pads (glass top TV stand) so they wouldn't slide. It's worked great for me. If I was starting from scratch, I would go the VISA mount option and add the legs to the back like I did for my old stand.
post #39 of 49 Old 05-13-2014, 08:40 AM

I purchased this last night....

http://www.monoprice.com/mobile/Product/Details/8101?mainCategoryId=108&categoryId=10828&subCategoryId=1082809

Plan on giving it a try. Flipping it upside down and turning it around and placing on the VERSA mount on my M50 Vizio. Should support my Pioneer C22
post #40 of 49 Old 05-13-2014, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tys90 View Post

I used my old above TV speaker mount that was made for a sloped DLP back (http://www.amazon.com/OmniMount-CCH1B-Channel-Discontinued-Manufacturer/sim/B00067AIEU/2) and then bought two 36" long 1" diameter dowels and secured them where the adjustable legs used to be. I put some adjustable feet on the bottom of the dowels for height adjustment and some rubber pads (glass top TV stand) so they wouldn't slide. It's worked great for me. If I was starting from scratch, I would go the VISA mount option and add the legs to the back like I did for my old stand.
Do you get any vibration through the TV into the TV stand from the center channel when it's on and running?
post #41 of 49 Old 05-13-2014, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Lashinski View Post

Do you get any vibration through the TV into the TV stand from the center channel when it's on and running?

I haven't noticed any. Between the heavy plasma, the stout TV stand and having a dedicated sub, I don't think there is much vibration to transfer by the time it gets to the stand.
post #42 of 49 Old 05-14-2014, 04:18 AM

That is good to know.  I bought the DVD shelf from Monprice to be used on VERSA mounts, and am going to turn it around.  I will have to see if a leg will need to be attached for some more support.

post #43 of 49 Old 05-30-2014, 09:32 PM

Any luck with the DVD shelf, Keith?
post #44 of 49 Old 05-31-2014, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanwhat View Post

I bough the one fro monprice.  It was a bit back heavy with the glass shelf and my Pioneer AJ speaker.  So I went to Lowes, bought a small piece of MDF, cut it, attached a 2x4 in the center under the shelf, leveled it, trimmed and wrapped the MDF with cloth.  Now, perfect and not back heavy.

post #45 of 49 Old 06-01-2014, 06:07 AM

Quote:

I bough the one fro monprice.  It was a bit back heavy with the glass shelf and my Pioneer AJ speaker.  So I went to Lowes, bought a small piece of MDF, cut it, attached a 2x4 in the center under the shelf, leveled it, trimmed and wrapped the MDF with cloth.  Now, perfect and not back heavy.

Nice. Do you mind posting a pic or two of your setup? I'm actually considering buying one of the vizio m series, either the 50 like you or 55" (with wifey's consent) but was concerned about putting too much strain on such a thin and light tv as opposed to the beefy plasmas discussed previously.
post #46 of 49 Old 06-01-2014, 07:04 AM

Quote:

Nice. Do you mind posting a pic or two of your setup? I'm actually considering buying one of the vizio m series, either the 50 like you or 55" (with wifey's consent) but was concerned about putting too much strain on such a thin and light tv as opposed to the beefy plasmas discussed previously.
its funny you say that. I added itto my Vizio M50. Pictures will be posted later.
post #47 of 49 Old 06-02-2014, 03:54 AM

Quote:

post #48 of 49 Old 06-10-2014, 06:06 AM

Quote:

Very nice, thanks! I was just about to rig something together like this when my wife agreed to just mount a shelf on the wall above the tv. Works great, but will just have a few holes to patch when we move out.

Thanks for all the creative input!
post #49 of 49 Old 07-22-2014, 07:59 AM

Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by joelb727 View Post
After looking everywhere for a suitable solution to mounting my center channel above my plasma tv, I decided to build my own solution. Being that every plasma is optionally meant to be mounted on a wall (mine being roughly 130 lbs), I felt that it was safe to assume that the existing mounting on the back on the tv would easily handle the weight of my center channel and those much larger if necessary. The entire project cost me roughly $25. Note that I already had the appropriate mounting bolts and washers.

What you need

I have a 65″ Panasonic TC-P65S2 and these are the parts I used. Of course, adjust the parts based on the size you require for your set.

* (2) 12″ Shelving brackets (link)
* (2) 30″ Shelving rails (link)
* (4) 8mm x 40mm bolts, please note the size of the bolt depends on your set, so please consult your owners manual for the size of the mounting bolt.
* (4) 8mm washers
* (6) medium felt pads --placed on shelving rails to protect tv (link)
* (1 or 2) wood plank or shelf
* (2) rubber wedge door stops to angle speaker down to listening area (link)

Tools: ratchet, dremel or drill and bit large enough to drill holes for the mounting bolts (if needed).

Instructions

I attached a shelf bracket to one of the rails and lined up where the shelf would line up with the top of the set. Matched the rail up to both of the mounting bolts on the back of the tv. I then used a dremel to cut out the areas of the rail corresponding to each mounting bolt. Lastly, I attached three medium furniture felt pads to each of the two shelving rails to provide a buffer between the rails and the back of the tv.

Once both rails are completed all that is needed is to attach the rails to the rear of the TV using the mounting bolts. I ratcheted the bolts down to semi-hand tight and added the brackets and the shelf. Here are my finished results:

--joel

I had to register just so I could thank you for this amazing, ingenious tip!

I had been wanting to upgrade my front and center speakers for a while now. Pretty much all they had going for them was their small size because I had grown fond of having them mounted from the ceiling. When it came to finding replacements I became nervous about finding a suitable center channel that could be placed similarly. Solutions were sparse and expensive, but then I found this post! I took the cue to seriously search around and stumbled upon an older Cambridge Soundworks set (which sound amazing by the way, even my wife was impressed).

The center speaker of this thing is enormous while still hiding its ~20lb weight well, but my 60" Sharp holds the weight while remaining sturdy. I really couldn't be happier! This should be stickied so it becomes common knowledge.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg download_20140722_093022.jpg (141.0 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg download_20140722_093026.jpg (53.4 KB, 5 views)
Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page