The Last Waltz in DTS-MA? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 03-16-2008, 05:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just received my 5 Free BD titles from purchasing a PS3 in January. Two will probably be up on eBay shortly, but I was really disappointed when the package of one of the ones I was planning to keep, "The Last Waltz", said that the audio was in DTS-MA, which of course the PS3 does not decode. A copy of the box art (with the FOX and DTS logos) is attached.

Imagine my surprise when I loaded the disc and lo and behold there was no DTS track at all, but a 5.1 uncompressed PCM track! It sounded amazing of course.

After I finished the movie I searched the web about this disc and all reviews mentioned the 5.1 PCM track, which was on the disc when it was originally released on Blu-Ray.

Was this just a printing error on the box art, or will Fox be reissuing this title with a DTS-MA track? I just thought this was very bizarre and wanted to know if any had some inside scoop regarding this title.
LL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-16-2008, 06:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond G View Post

I just received my 5 Free BD titles from purchasing a PS3 in January. Two will probably be up on eBay shortly, but I was really disappointed when the package of one of the ones I was planning to keep, "The Last Waltz", said that the audio was in DTS-MA, which of course the PS3 does not decode. A copy of the box art (with the FOX and DTS logos) is attached.

Imagine my surprise when I loaded the disc and lo and behold there was no DTS track at all, but a 5.1 uncompressed PCM track! It sounded amazing of course.

After I finished the movie I searched the web about this disc and all reviews mentioned the 5.1 PCM track, which was on the disc when it was originally released on Blu-Ray.

Was this just a printing error on the box art, or will Fox be reissuing this title with a DTS-MA track? I just thought this was very bizarre and wanted to know if any had some inside scoop regarding this title.

The first printing errors (western) appeared in about 1455 and I predict that they will still be happening after your children's children are gone. You could make literally dozens of threads on BD's that have printing errors about the audio alone.
post #3 of 4 Old 03-16-2008, 06:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
This title was released by Sony when they had control of MGM's library, and now would be distributed by Fox. Of course they didn't bother to re-author the disc though. Whoever did the new cover must have assumed it was MA like all the other Fox titles.
post #4 of 4 Old 03-16-2008, 07:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This is very interesting. This is the first time I have heard of Fox re-doing the cover art for the formerly Sony distributed MGM Blu-ray releases. Does this pertain to all the other Sony MGM releases as well? Such as the original Terminator on Blu-ray?
Reply Blu-ray Software

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page