AVS Forum banner

Europeans get cooler stuff in Hi-def

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  skibum5000 
#1 ·
Pure opinion here, based solely on my taste cult and horror catalog, but my Euro-HD titles and the up-and coming have begun to look a lot more interesting than my domestic prospects.

Elephant Man HD

The Fog HD

The Seventh Seal BD

Mulholland Drive HD

1408 HD, BD

Company of Wolves BD

Brotherhood of the Wolf HD

On the horizon

Kill Bill 1 & 2 BD

Black Narcissus BD

Tale of Two Sisters BD

Boys From Brazil BD

Shallow Grave

Pulp Fiction BD

Why aren't we getting any Bergman, Lynch, Tarantino, werewolves, and Nazi-exploitation?

See less See more
#2 ·
because the US gets the lions share of blu ray releases i think its only fair region b gets some cool stuff to.

#4 ·
I agree I've imported around 15 HD-DVDs. Over half are EU exclusive and may remain that way. I haven't imported a blu-ray yet but their a few at xploited I have my eye on. I'm hoping a hack allows all region play on a BD player or if I must I will import a region B player when prices come down. That would be in a few years though. Although Id suspect someone will create a all region player with in the next few years. OPPO or phillps for sure.

#6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbeenjammin /forum/post/13455204

i noticed a couple of dutch websites that is selling jet li's hero on BD.does anyone kno if it includes an english subtitle

For real? That's the best out of that little trilogy/series of hero, curse of, and flying daggers. Where's the link?

The UK gets some cool exclusives(Starship Troopers- I paid $36 for that on BD
). But they pay UK prices. $15 BDs are cheap especially in USD this year.

And no one has Kill Bill or Pulp Fiction in HD.

Besides that SW and LOTR, are aren't alot of things that I can't wait for.

#10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by homerx /forum/post/13455003

I agree I've imported around 15 HD-DVDs. Over half are EU exclusive and may remain that way. I haven't imported a blu-ray yet but their a few at xploited I have my eye on. I'm hoping a hack allows all region play on a BD player or if I must I will import a region B player when prices come down. That would be in a few years though. Although Id suspect someone will create a all region player with in the next few years. OPPO or phillps for sure.

a powerful pc, powerdvd and anydvdhd

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.