post #451 of 600 Old 12-22-2008, 01:09 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by shesha View Post

Just blind bought it, always wanted to see it, never had a chance to.

If I can only get my girl to get intrested in it 2

Tell her there's naked man butts in it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 600 Old 12-22-2008, 01:40 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post

Ep-2 is my favorite by far. I envy anyone discovering this show for the first time, especially on BD.

That was me. I had watched bits and pieces before, but not the whole series. I got it on Blu a couple of weeks ago and it ranks at #1 (out of 60-70) on my "Most Loved Blu" list.

When they put the names w/ the faces in #10 is my favorite moment, but for showing friends what Blu is all about its episode #2.
post #453 of 600 Old 12-22-2008, 02:26 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Another_Dude View Post

That was me. I had watched bits and pieces before, but not the whole series. I got it on Blu a couple of weeks ago and it ranks at #1 (out of 60-70) on my "Most Loved Blu" list.

When they put the names w/ the faces in #10 is my favorite moment, but for showing friends what Blu is all about its episode #2.

cool heading to BB after work, hopefully they still have some in stock

Samsung 60 F7500

Denon 3808CI

Sony BDP-S790 3D/Bluray

Harmony 900

post #454 of 600 Old 12-22-2008, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricwhite View Post

If you have "prime", two-day shipping is free and overnight is $3.99.

Yeah, that's what i've got....sorry. But good for me. Thanks, I had forgotten I had prime, just thought Amazon loved me everytime I ordered from them.

Officer Steve
post #455 of 600 Old 12-23-2008, 12:06 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 14
Quote:

Ep-2 is my favorite by far. I envy anyone discovering this show for the first time, especially on BD.

cool, i look forward to ep 2. i find that I am watching more catalog titles that I overlooked before because they are now in HD. for me, there is a greater level of immersion with HD and lossless audio.

i couldn't watch ep 2 tonight cause the wife was working on research and needed the house to be quiet. hopefully tomorrow evening!
post #456 of 600 Old 12-23-2008, 09:14 AM

Quote:

Tell her there's naked man butts in it.

I talked to her, and she was down to watch it. She liked Saving Private Ryan, so I am hoping she will digg this.
post #457 of 600 Old 12-24-2008, 01:00 PM

So I buy BOB on line from bestbuy. I get a confirmation e-mail saying "your order is ready for P/U. I go home ask my girl if she will come with me to get it.

I arrive at best buy at 8:00pm guess what, its not rdy. They cant even find it. I am pissed. The Manager sais to me Ill go look for it personally, they should have pulled it once you orderd it.

9:20 I walk out with it. I learned a lot about Best Buy yesterday, that I wont forget. Now I hope this series is good, because I went through hell to get it.
post #458 of 600 Old 12-24-2008, 02:53 PM

Quote:

So I buy BOB on line from bestbuy. I get a confirmation e-mail saying "your order is ready for P/U. I go home ask my girl if she will come with me to get it.

I arrive at best buy at 8:00pm guess what, its not rdy. They cant even find it. I am pissed. The Manager sais to me Ill go look for it personally, they should have pulled it once you orderd it.

9:20 I walk out with it. I learned a lot about Best Buy yesterday, that I wont forget. Now I hope this series is good, because I went through hell to get it.

I hope I'm not overstepping any bounds or website rules by posting this, but your "I went through hell" comment really struck me the wrong way.

Please, sit down and watch this series from the comfort of your living room. Remember that it is based very closely on actual events and try to understand what these boys, and they were just boys, went through for several years. There are scenes in the series that will give you a small idea of what hell looks like, but nothing like what hell felt like.

I understand that spending a little over an hour at Bestbuy might have been frustrating. Right now there are thousands of American soldiers and Marines that would give anything to be home for Christmas with their families. Even they have it hundreds of times better than our soldiers in Europe and Asia had it in the early 1940s.

Enjoy your new Blu-ray. If possible, don't worry about the AQ or SQ for a little while and take in what the series is all about. There are lessons to be learned from Band of Brothers. Enjoy it, we hold it in very high regard for a reason.
post #459 of 600 Old 12-24-2008, 04:05 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 19
Quote:

I hope I'm not overstepping any bounds or website rules by posting this, but your "I went through hell" comment really struck me the wrong way.

Please, sit down and watch this series from the comfort of your living room. Remember that it is based very closely on actual events and try to understand what these boys, and they were just boys, went through for several years. There are scenes in the series that will give you a small idea of what hell looks like, but nothing like what hell felt like.

I understand that spending a little over an hour at Bestbuy might have been frustrating. Right now there are thousands of American soldiers and Marines that would give anything to be home for Christmas with their families. Even they have it hundreds of times better than our soldiers in Europe and Asia had it in the early 1940s.

Enjoy your new Blu-ray. If possible, don't worry about the AQ or SQ for a little while and take in what the series is all about. There are lessons to be learned from Band of Brothers. Enjoy it, we hold it in very high regard for a reason.

Well said!
post #460 of 600 Old 12-24-2008, 06:26 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 14
I saw ep 2 last night. I was in awe. This series gets better & better and definitely lives up to the hype.
post #461 of 600 Old 12-24-2008, 07:37 PM
Advanced Member

Hey everyone. I bought this show last night and I saw it before on dvd. Im having a problem with the audio in certain spots. So far I watched the first episode and im getting a harshness. For instance when the men are yelling it sounds like its coming through with a crackling noise. When the planes at the end of the first episode are taking off they sound like the are literally tearing through my speakers. Ive never had this problem before. This is happening at all volume levels so its not that. Im running a ps3 with a denon 788 with psb b25 speakers. I didnt watch the regular dvd on this setup so i cant compare. Any idea why this might be happening? Anybody else having this problem?
post #462 of 600 Old 12-24-2008, 08:03 PM

Quote:

You just inspired me to crack open the first HD DVD of BOB that I bought a while ago, but never got to see.
post #463 of 600 Old 12-25-2008, 01:00 PM

Loving the series again A quick shot from the intro, DVD vs BD from a PS3 with component out:

http://dot50cal.the-horror.com/avs/bob/bobdvd.png

http://dot50cal.the-horror.com/avs/bob/bobbd.png

I can't wait to check out the PIP commentary with the actual veterans.
post #464 of 600 Old 12-25-2008, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dot50Cal View Post

I can't wait to check out the PIP commentary with the actual veterans.

The commentary is awesome, i wish there was more talking in it though. I watch the DVD several times a year so this was definitely worth the upgrade IMO.
post #465 of 600 Old 12-25-2008, 08:10 PM

the sub $40 price tag on this for the holidays rocked.
post #466 of 600 Old 12-25-2008, 09:06 PM

Quote:

Do you honestly think that person was in any way downplaying the horrors of war just because they described a bad shopping experience as going "through hell"?

The other day I said my head was killing me. Should I apologize to the families of murder victims?
post #467 of 600 Old 12-25-2008, 10:04 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyBluRay View Post

Do you honestly think that person was in any way downplaying the horrors of war just because they described a bad shopping experience as going "through hell"?

The other day I said my head was killing me. Should I apologize to the families of murder victims?

I was thinking the same thing. That comment was borderline insane.
post #468 of 600 Old 12-26-2008, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prosp View Post

The Band of Brothers blu-ray is at Best Buy this week for $37.49!

Quote:

All HBO box sets are 1/2 price at BB and at Amazon.

Currently a Gold Box Deal @ Amazon for $35.62

Update: sigh - Amazon Gold Box Deal didn't last too long as it has expired and price is back to $37.49.
post #469 of 600 Old 12-26-2008, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyBluRay View Post

Thank you BillyBluRay!!!!!!! My Grand father fought in WW2 My father In Vietnam. So dont give my a history lesson. I didn't know "hell" is now a politicaly incorrect term to use ever again.

It is so sad that you think we need to eliminate words because the WW2 generation went throught things we will never understand. Sounds like you want to live in a very communistic society.

I think you did overstep your boundries. Thank you to the above post who reassured me that humanity is still with reason.
post #470 of 600 Old 12-27-2008, 02:31 PM

My disc 02 audio is just a little out of sync with the video. disc 01 is fine. Haven't had time to watch past disc 02. Anyone else having this problem?

Officer Steve
post #471 of 600 Old 12-27-2008, 04:03 PM

I just watched disk 2 last night w/ no problems.
post #472 of 600 Old 12-27-2008, 04:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by notoriousmatty View Post

I was thinking the same thing. That comment was borderline insane.

Just borderline?

I LOVE MOVIES!!!!!!!!!!!!

post #473 of 600 Old 12-27-2008, 04:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Officer Steve View Post

My disc 02 audio is just a little out of sync with the video. disc 01 is fine. Haven't had time to watch past disc 02. Anyone else having this problem?

Disc 2 played without issue on my PS3.
post #474 of 600 Old 12-27-2008, 06:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:

Actually I agree 1000% with this post.
I think what this poster was trying to say is that we Americans... and other countries for that matter seem to have a bit of a short memory and take for granted the sacrifices those young Americans who fought in WWII and Vietnam had to endure.
I think what this poster was also trying to say was, there is more to this series than just audio and video and demo material.
Remember why we have the freedoms we enjoy today.
I don't think he was singling anyone out... at least that is not the way I took it.
Lets all enjoy the series... for me this disc will have more meaning than just great A/V candy.

Domino's donÂt fall all at once, they fall one at a time...
post #475 of 600 Old 12-27-2008, 10:01 PM

In case any of you have BD collectors A.D.D. like myself, I created some custom covers for this in the covers thread, but just wanted to pass this along here in case anyone wants these as well.

These covers will work with three double-disc blank BD cases:

DISC ONE AND TWO:

FULL RESOLUTION DOWNLOAD HERE:

DISC THREE AND FOUR:

DISC FIVE AND SIX:

Enjoy.
post #476 of 600 Old 12-28-2008, 07:09 AM

I am not sure if the policy is still active at Best Buy, but when I was picking up Lost 3 a while back the policy was that if you wait more than 1 min after they pull your order up in the system you get $10 off the order.

Needless to say, they brought up the DVD version. After complaining and some dirty looks from the employee, I got the $10 for their incompetency. Why have a policy if you dont want people to use it?

Not sure if the policy is still in effect - google brings up nothing.

HD-A30 & PS3
HD-DVD: ~27
Blu-Ray: ~22
post #477 of 600 Old 12-28-2008, 07:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Thank you BillyBluRay!!!!!!! My Grand father fought in WW2 My father In Vietnam. So dont give my a history lesson. I didn't know "hell" is now a politicaly incorrect term to use ever again.

It is so sad that you think we need to eliminate words because the WW2 generation went throught things we will never understand. Sounds like you want to live in a very communistic society.

I think you did overstep your boundries. Thank you to the above post who reassured me that humanity is still with reason.

I don't think anyone overstepped anything. He was just pointing out the incongruities between your "going through hell" to buy a hi def movie from a big box retailer and the subject matter of the discs themselves. I found your first post ironic. I just find this one full of jackassery and self righteous indignation.

And, if you got anything "communistic" out of his post, you should probably pause the disc and read a book, instead. Because, you obviously don't understand the meaning of the word.

PSN/XBL: bassmonkeee
Wii number: Who cares?
post #478 of 600 Old 12-28-2008, 08:51 AM

Very nice, but "Currahee" is spelled incorrectly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inaka View Post

In case any of you have BD collectors A.D.D. like myself, I created some custom covers for this in the covers thread, but just wanted to pass this along here in case anyone wants these as well.

These covers will work with three double-disc blank BD cases:

post #479 of 600 Old 12-28-2008, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marginal View Post

Very nice, but "Currahee" is spelled incorrectly.

Good catch!

I just updated it, thx.
post #480 of 600 Old 12-28-2008, 07:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by suffolk112000 View Post

Actually I agree 1000% with this post.
I think what this poster was trying to say is that we Americans... and other countries for that matter seem to have a bit of a short memory and take for granted the sacrifices those young Americans who fought in WWII and Vietnam had to endure.
I think what this poster was also trying to say was, there is more to this series than just audio and video and demo material.
Remember why we have the freedoms we enjoy today.
I don't think he was singling anyone out... at least that is not the way I took it.
Lets all enjoy the series... for me this disc will have more meaning than just great A/V candy.

I don't think anyone is saying what was said was incorrect, as much as there was absolutely no real reason for saying it. At all as far as I can tell. Someone saying they went through hell to get a movie on Blu Ray in no way diminishes what anyone else in the world is or has gone through at all in any war or ever. There's a HUGE difference between saying I went through hell getting a movie, and the people in the armed forces around the world and those who have served in the armed forces, what they have done for their country in any way is diminished.

I LOVE MOVIES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply Blu-ray Software

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page