10Likes

post #271 of 15001 Old 06-27-2008, 08:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rutlian View Post

For those who got the deal with Rambo box set at buy.com/google check out did you received yours yet? Mine was shipped on 19Jun and I am still waiting.

Mine was shipped on the 17th, and I'm still waiting also. I've had experience with media mail, and it's not pretty. Took like 2 weeks to get here. I live in Washington, and they shipped from Illinois, so yeah, I think' I'm gonna wait til' mid-late next week to get mine. Hopefully.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 15001 Old 06-28-2008, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbah3ng_bata View Post

Mine was shipped on the 17th, and I'm still waiting also. I've had experience with media mail, and it's not pretty. Took like 2 weeks to get here. I live in Washington, and they shipped from Illinois, so yeah, I think' I'm gonna wait til' mid-late next week to get mine. Hopefully.

Mine was shipped on the 20th and I received it Thursday (26th). I'm in Dallas.
post #273 of 15001 Old 06-28-2008, 11:54 AM

Warner Brothers 30% off code ANWBTS is still active as of today (it was supposed to have expired on 6/24). I picked up the Orphanage and the Dirty Harry Ultimate Collection.

BTW, the copy of Men In Black I got from Tower.com had the free movie cash (which is worth $7.50 for me since I am going to see Hancock and movie prices are about $10.00 in my area).
post #274 of 15001 Old 06-28-2008, 12:29 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
i just tried the warner code and it worked for me as well, seems like they raised there prices though. All the ones that were 19.99 are now 22.99

Gamertag: Fargus
Playstation ID: Fargus79
post #275 of 15001 Old 06-28-2008, 02:05 PM

Does amazon tend to have sales for the July 4 long weekend (US)?
post #276 of 15001 Old 06-28-2008, 02:10 PM
Advanced Member

although not completely off topic, has anyone used columbia house. i just received their usual "buy X amount of BR's at $X.XX and only purchase 3 more in the next two years" promo in the mail. anyone else use this? i know columbia's previous use of auto shipments. do they still do these? i have'nt used them since the early days of dvd's. just wondering because at $5/BR, it is a pretty good deal for me. TIA
post #277 of 15001 Old 06-28-2008, 03:04 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlkmgr View Post

although not completely off topic, has anyone used columbia house. i just received their usual "buy X amount of BR's at $X.XX and only purchase 3 more in the next two years" promo in the mail. anyone else use this? i know columbia's previous use of auto shipments. do they still do these? i have'nt used them since the early days of dvd's. just wondering because at $5/BR, it is a pretty good deal for me. TIA

WHOA !!! Is this an offer that you are getting within an account from CH that you already have open???... or is it a solicitation to open a new account? You get Blu-rays for signing up? Can you post any pics of the email of links to the offer? <-that would be awesome. This is the first time anyone has ever heard of such a thing as getting BRs for the initial signup of a CH membership.
THANKS

~Dave

...Theater Room Setup...
JVC DLA-RS40-U... Oppo BDP-105D... Toshiba HD-XA2... Uverse VIP-2250... Roku Streaming Stick... Emotiva XPA-3... Onkyo TX-SR805
JBL LC2 (x3) ... JBL L820 (x6) ... SVS PB10-ISD (x2) ... SVS 20-39-PCI
post #278 of 15001 Old 06-28-2008, 03:22 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Oh wait, are you in Canada? I know CH is offering something like this in Canada, but not the USA.

~Dave

...Theater Room Setup...
JVC DLA-RS40-U... Oppo BDP-105D... Toshiba HD-XA2... Uverse VIP-2250... Roku Streaming Stick... Emotiva XPA-3... Onkyo TX-SR805
post #279 of 15001 Old 06-28-2008, 03:37 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Is there any BR promotion with FREE TICKET to watch WALL-E?
post #280 of 15001 Old 06-28-2008, 04:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoro View Post

Is there any BR promotion with FREE TICKET to watch WALL-E?

Yes.

Best Buy has one going on now...

Buy any of these BD's and get Wall-E Movie Certificate:

Enchanted
Ratatouille
Meet the Robinsons
Underdog
Cars
Pixar Short Films Collection
Chicken Little
Dinosaur

You can also get the cash for purchasing SDVD's, soundtracks or games.
post #281 of 15001 Old 06-28-2008, 05:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smarty-pants View Post

WHOA !!! Is this an offer that you are getting within an account from CH that you already have open???... or is it a solicitation to open a new account? You get Blu-rays for signing up? Can you post any pics of the email of links to the offer? <-that would be awesome. This is the first time anyone has ever heard of such a thing as getting BRs for the initial signup of a CH membership.
THANKS

I got the same offer today in the mail from Columbia House. I used to be a member of the dvd club years ago. Three Blu-rays from a limited assortment for a total of $20.97 shipped and you have to buy either 3 full priced Blu-rays or dvds in the next two years. This seems to be a new promotion as you never need to buy a dvd if you don't want. So the Blu-ray membership era seems to have begun.
post #282 of 15001 Old 06-28-2008, 05:03 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom Stranger View Post

I got the same offer today in the mail from Columbia House. I used to be a member of the dvd club years ago. Three Blu-rays from a limited assortment for a total of $20.97 shipped and you have to buy either 3 full priced Blu-rays or dvds in the next two years. This seems to be a new promotion as you never need to buy a dvd if you don't want. So the Blu-ray membership era seems to have begun.

Pictures and links... please,please,please,please...

~Dave

...Theater Room Setup...
post #283 of 15001 Old 06-28-2008, 05:06 PM
AVS Addicted Member

... or if you could even forward me the email, that would be awesome too.
alternatenumber1@sbcglobal.net
... if forwarding to email, pls lmk so I can check that email account.
thanks

~Dave

...Theater Room Setup...
post #284 of 15001 Old 06-28-2008, 05:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Yes that would be nice. On the US site they list BDs, but unlike regular DVDs they can't be "added to cart" for the initial membership. Every BD I can find on their site has "Members Only" listed next to it.

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin
post #285 of 15001 Old 06-28-2008, 09:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
My stepdad signed up with CH for DVDs... They send him movies every [whatever time period] and if he doesn't send them back his account is charged whatever price they set for it. I believe he paid $30+ for Shrek 3 1-disc. The worst part is he doesn't really watch movies, they just stay sealed...
post #286 of 15001 Old 06-28-2008, 09:48 PM
AVS Addicted Member

LOL, it's called the directors selection, and if you don't want it all you have to do is decline it. They cycle about every 3 weeks and I get an email saying I have a new directors selection. I click on the link in the email and decline it. It literally takes 15 seconds once every few weeks.
Your dad is the type of person that keeps CH in business.

~Dave

...Theater Room Setup...
post #287 of 15001 Old 06-28-2008, 09:50 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Quote:

THANKS

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

... or if you could even forward me the email, that would be awesome too.
alternatenumber1@sbcglobal.net
... if forwarding to email, pls lmk so I can check that email account.
thanks

PLEASE!?!? Give a dog a bone?

~Dave

...Theater Room Setup...
post #288 of 15001 Old 06-29-2008, 04:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

LOL, it's called the directors selection, and if you don't want it all you have to do is decline it. They cycle about every 3 weeks and I get an email saying I have a new directors selection. I click on the link in the email and decline it. It literally takes 15 seconds once every few weeks.
Your dad is the type of person that keeps CH in business.

Yarp. I think it's funny how people complain about CH sending them discs that they don't want. It's not like the whole system is made clear right up front when they sign up, and it's not like it only takes a few seconds to say "No Thanks" when they get the "Selection of the Month" notification.
post #289 of 15001 Old 06-29-2008, 10:57 AM
Advanced Member

looks like this offer is going old school. no email or internet sign up. there is a spot to sign up the required email address for the Director's Selections offer to be emailed or have it arrive in the mail. the offer is:

4 BR's from the list given for $4.99 with option for 5th at $19.99. you then have to purchase 3 BR's OR DVD's in the next 2 years.

not sure how or why i got this offer, but i am definitely signing up. there is an 888 number to call and claim. not sure if the "personal savings code and preferred status number" are the same on all, but if someone PM's me, we can compare numbers and see if this can work for all.
post #290 of 15001 Old 06-29-2008, 11:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Guys,
This used to be a good thread to find the good disc deals but now they have mostly dried up. I just read Sound and Vision head-in-the-sand "Five Reasons to Buy Blu-ray" article. One was the hardware should drop this fall. They didn't even speak of the 15% latest and recent raising of the disc prices.

So I'm dropping back to SD discs and being very selective about which discs I purchase. I even read what the British press has to say as many American reviewers push simply terrible movies. I don't mind dropping $20 for a disc but that is my limit, especially since my PC is so capable with SD discs. Very disappointed with Blu-rays top tier $40 price for a 40 year old movie like the Sand Pebbles. So the industry will be getting a lot less income from me.
post #291 of 15001 Old 06-29-2008, 12:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reincarnate View Post

Guys,
This used to be a good thread to find the good disc deals but now they have mostly dried up. I just read Sound and Vision head-in-the-sand "Five Reasons to Buy Blu-ray" article. One was the hardware should drop this fall. They didn't even speak of the 15% latest and recent raising of the disc prices.

So I'm dropping back to SD discs and being very selective about which discs I purchase. I even read what the British press has to say as many American reviewers push simply terrible movies. I don't mind dropping $20 for a disc but that is my limit, especially since my PC is so capable with SD discs. Very disappointed with Blu-rays top tier $40 price for a 40 year old movie like the Sand Pebbles. So the industry will be getting a lot less income from me.

That's an easy solution.

Netflix or Blockbuster Online.

Rent them.

Get the initial fix out of the way.

Like it. (or if you hate it, you just lost 2 hours of your time and not $$)

Wait.

Buy on sale or used at a nice price.

Rinse.

Repeat.

And if more people actually do this, Netflix/Blockbuster will carry more of the same title and prices will drop faster.

Gone are the days for me that I buy everything like I did on SDVD.

That's why I'm in this thread constantly.
post #292 of 15001 Old 06-29-2008, 12:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Rein View Post

Gone are the days for me that I buy everything like I did on SDVD.

Ditto. I've got almost 900 DVD's that I might never watch again. Don't want to see that happen with Blu Ray.

I'll probably limit myself to 12 - 20 titles per year to purchase. In 5 years when BD is replaced, I won't feel so bad.

"The dream never dies, just the dreamer."

post #293 of 15001 Old 06-29-2008, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reincarnate View Post

Guys,

The British Press has to say????? Uh, they don't say much nice about anything American (as with most of Europe). Try reading Ralph Pott's reviews right here in AVS Forum. He does an outstanding job. Also, stay away from print magazines in general as their revenue is based on advertising. As a result, they tend don't bite the hand that feeds them. As far as pricing, I starting purchasing DVDs when they first came out and you could not find any for under $19.95 ANYWHERE. If you look around, you will find that even $39.99 list Blu-Rays can be had for under $20.00 if you are willing to wait a few weeks after initial release on Blu-Ray. I have been using Blu-Ray Boxsets and have been finding great deals. I haven't paid more than $17.00 (including shipping) on my last dozen or so purchases. As an example I got both of the National Treasure BDs for under $17.00 each delivered.
Regards,
Dom
post #294 of 15001 Old 06-29-2008, 01:30 PM

I just left bb with 6 hancock preview Bd disc for $.04. Buy two get 1 free anyone that needs extra blu cases....

im so far ahead...I feel outdated
post #295 of 15001 Old 06-29-2008, 02:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad T View Post

Got my Rambo Trilogy today. Ordered via Buy/DD/Google on 06/19/08. I'm pretty impressed with that considering it shipped from DD.

I placed another order direct with DD on 06/18/08 and it arrived today.

The bad one has been Tower. I ordered 4 titles on 06/17/08 and 3 of them supposedly shipped on 06/18/08 and the 4th on 06/23/08. Still don't have any of them.

My experience is that DD is currently running faster than Tower. Never thought I'd be talking about DD being faster than somebody else.

Uh-oh. I didn't even notice this until I opened my Rambo Trilogy:

Two of Rambo III and missing Rambo II. Did anybody else have this problem? Humm.....gonna dig around and see who I need to contact between Google, Buy, & DD.

Have an Onkyo 805 receiver and having trouble setting up Audyssey? HERE is a mini how-to.Click HERE to check out my comparison review of 5 different projection screen fabrics.
post #296 of 15001 Old 06-29-2008, 03:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Quote:

I would but I shred my junk mail almost as soon I get it. I did thoroughly look over the offer but didn't really consider it as I owned almost every single Blu-ray offered among the initial assortment. It looked like an okay deal for those new to Blu-ray though.
post #297 of 15001 Old 06-29-2008, 04:05 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

I would but I shred my junk mail almost as soon I get it. I did thoroughly look over the offer but didn't really consider it as I owned almost every single Blu-ray offered among the initial assortment. It looked like an okay deal for those new to Blu-ray though.

It's all good. We're starting get the low down on more info over at dvdtalk. Thanks anyway.

If anyone else has any screenshots of this offer, which is apparantly "phone-in" only, I'd appreciate a posting of it.
TIA

~Dave

...Theater Room Setup...
post #298 of 15001 Old 06-29-2008, 05:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomNY View Post

Try reading Ralph Pott's reviews right here in AVS Forum.

Actually, until they stop posting all his reviews on the front page, you should boycott him like I do.

It's very annoying and just clutters up the front page where many go to find news and announcements.

"The dream never dies, just the dreamer."

post #299 of 15001 Old 06-29-2008, 05:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad T View Post

Uh-oh. I didn't even notice this until I opened my Rambo Trilogy:

Two of Rambo III and missing Rambo II. Did anybody else have this problem? Humm.....gonna dig around and see who I need to contact between Google, Buy, & DD.

OUCH! They could've at least given you two of one of the GOOD ones!
post #300 of 15001 Old 06-29-2008, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew4msu View Post

Actually, until they stop posting all his reviews on the front page, you should boycott him like I do.

It's very annoying and just clutters up the front page where many go to find news and announcements.

+1. More power to him doing reviews but get them off of the front page!

Gamertag: wasey
Reply Blu-ray Software

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page