AVS Forum banner

NEW NEW Blu-ray Special Buys, Discounts, BOGO Thread

3M views 15K replies 1K participants last post by  Cal68 
#1 ·
This thread will always have all of the current Blu-ray DEALs on the FIRST page, so you won't have to search to find out what's available.

I will update this post at least once per day. If you have items to be added to this list, please PM me the info so I can add it to this post during my next update. If you do not email, don't expect the deal to make it to this post.

Try to include a link in your PM, so I can transfer that to the first page. If there is no link, at least please include all important info such as Store, Online/Instore, item(s), price, expiration date, coupon code (if applicable). I will TRY to test all submissions. I'll PM you back requesting more info if necessary. It will also be helpful to PM me about when a deal is expired so I can update it accordingly. You do not need to do that about run-of-the-mill expirations like a Best Buy sale only, for instance, like an Amazon BOGO, where no one knows the expiration date.

Look for the current links in ORANGE or BLUE (Note: If no link available, there will be an explanation of the deal)

Deals that have expired will be updated to a red EXPIRED color so you'll know they're no longer valid. I'll delete the expired deals after a few days to avoid unecessary distractions.

HERE ARE THE CURRENT DEALS

____________________________________________________________ _____

AMAZON

Father's Day titles, action titles from mix of studios
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?docId=1000375771

Buy more, save more on Lost season sets
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?docId=1000350041

Buy more, save more on select titles
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?docId=1000387421

Save on select Sony titles:

code SONYPIC3

* Save $3 on Paul Blart: Mall Cop on DVD or Blu-Ray

* Save $3 on Fireproof or Not Easily Broken on DVD or Blu-Ray

* Save $3 on the International on DVD or Blu-Ray

* Save $3 on Open Season 2 on DVD or Blu-Ray

* Save $3 on one of the following on DVD or Blu-Ray - Bad Boys, Ghost Rider, Black Hawk Down, XXX: State of the Union, Rocky Balboa (Bad Boys is not available on blu-ray)

* Save $3 on Underworld - Rise of the Lycans on DVD or Blu-Ray

code SONYPIC3

* Save $5 on the Da Vinci Code on DVD or Blu-Ray

* Save $5 on Ghostbusters or Dr. Strangelove on Blu-Ray

Warner Brothers Online
http://whv.warnerbros.com/WHVPORTAL/...atType=Blu-ray
Warner Bros. 25% off code WBSURVEY6 expires 6/30, might be one-time use only.
Warner Bros. 30% off code WBSURVEY7 expires 6/30, might be one-time use only.

Family Video

free shipping with code juneship, valid 6/11-6/13

See less See more
#9,981 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo57 /forum/post/17958853

Man, I just ordered both Star Trek and Inglorious Basterds from Amazon at 19.99 a few days ago. Does Amazon price adjust or am I stuck? LOL

Definitely recommend camelcamelcamel.com for watching Amazon (and a few other) websites that have these kind of frequent price changes. Most of Amazon's prices seem to have run on the high side ever since about Dec 29. That's the best we can do since Amazon got rid of their price protection option a year or two ago.

#9,982 ·
Decided to make a couple purchases on gohastings for the first time. Used the promo code HASTINGS.

Sin City (new) – been wanting this one.

Pathfinder (used) – only because Moon Bloodgood is in the movie.

50 First Dates (used) – the GF loves this movie (score some brownie points)

With shipping, $31. Not too bad I guess.

#9,983 ·
Friday the 13th (Extended Killer Cut & Theatrical Cut) down to $13.49 @ amazon.

#9,989 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo57 /forum/post/17959352

Well I emailed them, and they said it was a no go for the price adjust. oh well, at least they were quick in responding back to me.

you can cancel and reorder if not shipped yet.

#9,990 ·
For all Canadians near an HMV, they are giving a $5.00 trade-in for DVDs when upgrading to the Blu-ray: http://www.hmv.ca/Features/26.aspx

So if you own the DVD, you can trade it in for $5.00 off the Blu-ray on selected items (I have a few I'll be trading in tomorrow).

KT

#9,992 ·
Does anyone know if you recieve the original bluray cases with Gohasting's used movies?

#9,993 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by protovision /forum/post/17963417

fwiw, it looks like the HMV $5 off deal isn't restricted to trading in the same movie, it looks like you can trade in *any* dvd and get $5 off.

Interesting. Heading there after work, so I'm going to test this out.

KT

#9,994 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Tomaskovic /forum/post/17962026

you can cancel and reorder if not shipped yet.

I think it's safe to assume that the order already shipped since he didn't get the sale price. Amazon will alter the price to the lowest sale price from the time you place the order until it actually ships.

So, if you order at $17.99, the price drops to $14.99, then goes back up to $17.99 before it ships, you'll get it for $14.99.

Once it ships, though, the price is locked.

I do wish they at least did a 7 day price guarantee, though - even if it's just for Amazon prices. I can see them giving up 30 days, but to not even allow for the chance that it might go on sale somewhere a few days later kind of sucks. Even Bad Buy, with a retail store overhead will at least do that. When I ordered my BD player from Amazon, it went down in price $20 two days later - on Amazon. I would have actually gotten the better price if I hadn't been timing the order to hopefully arrive on a day when I'd be home to receive it.

#9,997 ·
Usually, you do get the case with them. But it happens often enough where they do not send the original bluray case with it, or any case at all, for that matter. More likely to occur with "previously viewed" ones.

Here again, from what I can gather not having ordered from them yet myself, their division between "used" and "previously viewed" isn't entirely consistent. Sometimes the latter will be new or in overall better condition than the former. But more often than not, the used should be of better quality, condition wise.

Someone on another forum provided the following link for replacement bluray cases. Prices look reasonable, pre-shipping. Don't know if anyone else is cheaper.

blu-ray replacement cases

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.