Iron Man Blu-ray 9/30 - Page 20 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #571 of 1219 Old 09-30-2008, 06:19 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Foxbat121's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: VA
Posts: 9,767
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjruby View Post

I don't have Prime and always choose free shipping.

My disc is on it's way from Delaware. Since I live in eastern PA, I should get it tomorrow.

I would say that 95% of the time I get new releases the same week thay are released.


I'd say lucky you. My distribution center is rght in the same area. It seems Amazon throttles select accounts in order to push you buy their Premier membership.
Foxbat121 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #572 of 1219 Old 09-30-2008, 06:22 AM
AVS Special Member
 
robertc88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Central NJ
Posts: 3,639
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 357 View Post

Don't expect your local Blockbuster to have any working copies of Iron man. Most haven't gotten the new ones in yet.

My local BV store did not get the new shipment for corrected recalled copies yesterday. I'll check this morning when they open. Someone said their Missouri BV store got copies to rent but not to sell a few days ago. That post was on another forum.
robertc88 is offline  
post #573 of 1219 Old 09-30-2008, 06:23 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Foxbat121's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: VA
Posts: 9,767
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferax View Post

Does prime applies to any purchase on any amazon store or only on the US one? If so that would be a great deal when you buy lots of stuff from .jp, .uk or .fr


I don't think it works that way. The whole idea of Premier membership is for Amazon.com to recoup some of those shipping cost due to the free shipping it offers to most of Amazon.com items (direct from Amazon, not 3rd party items). It's a smart bussiness move, IMO. Obviously, quite a few buy into that. Good for Amazon's bottom line.

But I hate it when my account is getting throttled everytime I order something.
Foxbat121 is offline  
post #574 of 1219 Old 09-30-2008, 06:24 AM
Advanced Member
 
BigDad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Hazard, KY
Posts: 945
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertc88 View Post

We'll come to know if retailers got this for selling this morning. As of last night, a local Kmart and Walmart didn't have it and expect it today (what else would they say). Best Buy shows this morning they have it at all locations within 25 miles of my zip code.

I just picked up a copy at the local Wal-Mart. It does have the replacement UPC.

BigDad is offline  
post #575 of 1219 Old 09-30-2008, 06:30 AM
AVS Special Member
 
robertc88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Central NJ
Posts: 3,639
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
^^^^

Good news! Enjoy!
robertc88 is offline  
post #576 of 1219 Old 09-30-2008, 06:33 AM
Newbie
 
bsweetness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Picked mine up at Target this morning for the exclusive packaging. They had about 10 or so out on the shelf. The box is huge, about the size of a VHS tape. The mask itself is flat on the bottom and will stand upright on its own, so I may just put it out and toss the box in a closet somewhere

Here's a few pictures:











bsweetness is offline  
post #577 of 1219 Old 09-30-2008, 06:39 AM
 
FoxyMulder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Scotland
Posts: 5,860
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebland View Post

Describe what the chapt 11 stuff is...

Does chapt 11 only sound horrible of you have DRC engaged (or on AUTO)?

Or is the track fully defective and will sound terrible on any player?

I assume that if you decode to LPCM on HDMI you are OK?

Thanks!

I hope they get back to us on this so i can determine if i need to replace my copy or whether its just player related stuff.

Can we blog here now or is that for paid up AVS members only ?
FoxyMulder is offline  
post #578 of 1219 Old 09-30-2008, 06:47 AM
AVS Special Member
 
bassmonkeee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 4,713
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxbat121 View Post

I'd say lucky you. My distribution center is rght in the same area. It seems Amazon throttles select accounts in order to push you buy their Premier membership.


Throttling select accounts? That's ridiculous. That wouldn't "push you to buy their premier membership." It should push you to "go to another retailer."

I'm perfectly happy with my Amazon Prime membership. We send stuff to friends and family in CA, NY, NV, FL, NJ, MA and have about 20-30 things sent to us every year, too. For teh $80 I spend on Prime, I get $400-$500 of 2nd day shipping to anywhere in the country. Sounds like a bargain to me.

PSN/XBL: bassmonkeee
Wii number: Who cares?
bassmonkeee is offline  
post #579 of 1219 Old 09-30-2008, 06:49 AM
 
Steeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Vegas
Posts: 3,268
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferax View Post

Does prime applies to any purchase on any amazon store or only on the US one? If so that would be a great deal when you buy lots of stuff from .jp, .uk or .fr

I honestly don't know, as I've never tried to use Prime on any of the other Amazon sites. You might want to shoot them a quick e-mail and ask them if the membership covers the other countries - it's worth a shot if you buy a lot of imports/foreign titles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxbat121 View Post

The only difference between Prime and non-prime is $80/y in exchange for faster shipping. You don't need pay a dime for items that are qualified for Pirme if you're willing to wait a few extra days.

I'm not patient enough to wait for the free "super saver" shipping, so I would be paying for faster shipping whether I was a Prime member or not. After all, not only is the actual shipping time longer with that method, you also have to wait several days (usually) for them to ship the order in the first place. Plus, you have to make sure each purchase totals $25 or more in order to qualify when using super saver, which is not the case when you have Prime.

Again, it may not "dollar out" for you, but it saves me a ton of money. I would be paying significantly more throughout the year without Prime and that's a fact. It's simple math.
Steeb is offline  
post #580 of 1219 Old 09-30-2008, 06:55 AM
AVS Special Member
 
patrick99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 3,912
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeb View Post

I honestly don't know, as I've never tried to use Prime on any of the other Amazon sites. You might want to shoot them a quick e-mail and ask them if the membership covers the other countries - it's worth a shot if you buy a lot of imports/foreign titles.

I'm fairly certain it doesn't apply to other Amazon sites. I have never received it on purchases from the UK site.
patrick99 is offline  
post #581 of 1219 Old 09-30-2008, 07:07 AM
AVS Special Member
 
chirpie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Olathe, Kansas
Posts: 3,544
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDad View Post

I just picked up a copy at the local Wal-Mart. It does have the replacement UPC.

Ditto here. Just walked in, bought it, walked out. (Not too many copies though 9 or 10, and the guy said I was the third guy in a row to walk into the electronics department to buy it on Blu-ray.)

It's the new UPC on mine as well.

Maybe there'll be a mini-rush for those who are worried that they won't be able to procure a copy due to the recall, but so far it looks like Paramount beat the buzzer for the most part.
chirpie is offline  
post #582 of 1219 Old 09-30-2008, 07:16 AM
Advanced Member
 
BigDad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Hazard, KY
Posts: 945
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by chirpie View Post

Ditto here. Just walked in, bought it, walked out. (Not too many copies though 9 or 10, and the guy said I was the third guy in a row to walk into the electronics department to buy it on Blu-ray.)

It's the new UPC on mine as well.

Maybe there'll be a mini-rush for those who are worried that they won't be able to procure a copy due to the recall, but so far it looks like Paramount beat the buzzer for the most part.

Well, I had a helluva time getting the disc to play on my PS3. It would not get past the java loading screen. I finally tried disabling the BD internet connection - and it loaded right up. So I'm thinking I got one of the defective discs - and they just slapped a new UPC sticker on the box.

BigDad is offline  
post #583 of 1219 Old 09-30-2008, 07:23 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Nosferax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Beauharnois, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 1,613
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDad View Post

Well, I had a helluva time getting the disc to play on my PS3. It would not get past the java loading screen. I finally tried disabling the BD internet connection - and it loaded right up. So I'm thinking I got one of the defective discs - and they just slapped a new UPC sticker on the box.

Since it was the first time you were playing it, it may have just been downloading some extra content from the internet.
Nosferax is offline  
post #584 of 1219 Old 09-30-2008, 07:31 AM
AVS Special Member
 
robertc88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Central NJ
Posts: 3,639
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
BV store by me didn't get it yet today and expect it later. I'm unsure Netflix had the BD to ship yesterday.

Something tells me we will see 1000 posts by end of day.
robertc88 is offline  
post #585 of 1219 Old 09-30-2008, 07:34 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Foxbat121's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: VA
Posts: 9,767
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 194
Just got mine from BB and it's the new fixed version. Plays fine on my Sammy BD-UP5000 player.
Foxbat121 is offline  
post #586 of 1219 Old 09-30-2008, 07:35 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Will2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,920
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 139
"Out for delivery" after "arrived (my city and time)" are three of the nicest words I could have heard today with respect to my Iron Man preorder from Amazon. It will be waiting for me on my porch when I get home.
Will2007 is offline  
post #587 of 1219 Old 09-30-2008, 07:44 AM
Blu-ray Reviewer
 
Ralph Potts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Middletown NY
Posts: 8,956
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 394
Greetings,

Paramount overnighted me the updated IM Blu-ray Disc. The TrueHD DRC "issue" is still present. In reality this is not much of a problem. Just be sure that the Dynamic Range Compression option in your receiver/processor/PS3 is turned off.


Regards,

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviews
AVS Forum
My Home Theater
My DVD/HD DVD/Blu-ray Collection
Ralph Potts is online now  
post #588 of 1219 Old 09-30-2008, 07:44 AM
AVS Special Member
 
rveras's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Haverhill, MA
Posts: 1,745
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Best price for Iron-man, CC, Best-Buy, Target or Wal-mart?
rveras is offline  
post #589 of 1219 Old 09-30-2008, 07:45 AM
AVS Special Member
 
robertc88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Central NJ
Posts: 3,639
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDad View Post

Well, I had a helluva time getting the disc to play on my PS3. It would not get past the java loading screen. I finally tried disabling the BD internet connection - and it loaded right up. So I'm thinking I got one of the defective discs - and they just slapped a new UPC sticker on the box.

No problem was reported with old UPC disc on PS3 to begin with. Time will tell regarding the new UPC disc but David V. got it and confirmed on another forum it loaded on PS3 and BD30 no problem.
robertc88 is offline  
post #590 of 1219 Old 09-30-2008, 07:46 AM
AVS Special Member
 
tqlla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 2,441
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassmonkeee View Post

Throttling select accounts? That's ridiculous. That wouldn't "push you to buy their premier membership." It should push you to "go to another retailer."

I'm perfectly happy with my Amazon Prime membership. We send stuff to friends and family in CA, NY, NV, FL, NJ, MA and have about 20-30 things sent to us every year, too. For teh $80 I spend on Prime, I get $400-$500 of 2nd day shipping to anywhere in the country. Sounds like a bargain to me.

Ridiculous....Well no matter what you think of their practice... Thats what they do.
tqlla is offline  
post #591 of 1219 Old 09-30-2008, 07:49 AM
AVS Special Member
 
bassmonkeee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 4,713
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tqlla View Post

Ridiculous....Well no matter what you think of their practice... Thats what they do.

I know there is a delay when you select Supersaver shipping. I'm just saying that it's not simply to "make you buy their premier service." There are other factors, too.

PSN/XBL: bassmonkeee
Wii number: Who cares?
bassmonkeee is offline  
post #592 of 1219 Old 09-30-2008, 07:52 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Spanbauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 1,603
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsweetness View Post

Picked mine up at Target this morning for the exclusive packaging. They had about 10 or so out on the shelf. The box is huge, about the size of a VHS tape. The mask itself is flat on the bottom and will stand upright on its own, so I may just put it out and toss the box in a closet somewhere

Here's a few pictures:












Just picked this up from Target as well; it was the only Blu-Ray version they carried, and to be honest I don't care for the goofy non-standard case at all. After getting back to my computer, I found that my nearest Best Buy had the regular-boxed Iron Man in stock, so I put in an order for store-pickup later today and will return this goofy mask thing to Target.

Click here for my home theater setup
Spanbauer is offline  
post #593 of 1219 Old 09-30-2008, 07:56 AM
 
tutelary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Darlington, SC
Posts: 1,089
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
That mask looks like complete crap. There is no way I would purchase that.
tutelary is offline  
post #594 of 1219 Old 09-30-2008, 08:06 AM
AVS Special Member
 
robertc88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Central NJ
Posts: 3,639
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tutelary View Post

That mask looks like complete crap. There is no way I would purchase that.

Who knows if those sets includes the recalled disc besides that.
robertc88 is offline  
post #595 of 1219 Old 09-30-2008, 08:13 AM
AVS Special Member
 
GizmoDVD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,019
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertc88 View Post

Who knows if those sets includes the recalled disc besides that.

Here is my numbers from the "bad" Disc 1

BVDL-029730B1
BVDL-029730A1

Someone compare.
GizmoDVD is offline  
post #596 of 1219 Old 09-30-2008, 08:16 AM
AVS Special Member
 
wormraper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tucson Arizona
Posts: 4,098
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 38
There's an easy way to tell if you have the old or new disc. if you have the old one both the feature film disc and the second disc are gray. If you have the new one the special features disc is gray and the feature film disc is a bluish color.
wormraper is online now  
post #597 of 1219 Old 09-30-2008, 08:19 AM
AVS Special Member
 
GizmoDVD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,019
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by wormraper View Post

There's an easy way to tell if you have the old or new disc. if you have the old one both the feature film disc and the second disc are gray. If you have the new one the special features disc is gray and the feature film disc is a bluish color.

Ahh....very interesting. Didn't know that.
GizmoDVD is offline  
post #598 of 1219 Old 09-30-2008, 08:20 AM
Member
 
jokerfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 149
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Which explains the blue in the pic above in the Target exclusive.....good news than that its corrected. Going to pick it up later today. Im a sucker for these crazy and unique packages.
jokerfish is offline  
post #599 of 1219 Old 09-30-2008, 08:26 AM
Senior Member
 
johnny15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Kewaskum, WI
Posts: 451
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by jokerfish View Post

Which explains the blue in the pic above in the Target exclusive.....good news than that its corrected. Going to pick it up later today. Im a sucker for these crazy and unique packages.

if it were a metal case, I'd be right there with you picking it up, but the plastic just looks a little too cheap.
johnny15 is offline  
post #600 of 1219 Old 09-30-2008, 08:35 AM
Member
 
jrp44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 20
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Did they just reprint a UPC sticker and put it over the old one?? Thats on my copy from BB....They sticker UPS is the new one and when i peeled it off the old UPC was the one printed on....will it be a problem?
jrp44 is offline  
Reply Blu-ray Software

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off