Iron Man Blu-ray 9/30 - Page 22 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #631 of 1219 Old 09-30-2008, 11:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I just got done watching it,the volume seemed to go down at the last 15 mins or so,anyone else noticed this,I checked the upc code & it was not the recall ones.thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #632 of 1219 Old 09-30-2008, 11:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by dholmes54 View Post

I just got done watching it,the volume seemed to go down at the last 15 mins or so,anyone else noticed this,I checked the upc code & it was not the recall ones.thanks

Regardless if it's the recalled or 'correct', they BOTH have the audio issue.

What's your playback equipment?
post #633 of 1219 Old 09-30-2008, 11:42 AM
AVS Special Member

BTW, I'm gonna say it again... Love the the design of the case. I love how little writing is on the cover of this thing. The back is well laid out, only telling you what you need to know. (No "quotes" either...) And once you pull the slip case off... there's no extra writing to speak of. NONE! Just art and a small IRON MAN logo! Kudos!
post #634 of 1219 Old 09-30-2008, 11:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tqlla View Post

WHOA... are you placing an order every day? There are only 260(-10 or so holidays) weekdays in the year. I "Might" order 3 times a month from Amazon.

He said he was receiving 200-300 "packages" a year. He's not saying he receives packages 200-300 "days" a year.

Prime members don't have to worry about grouping shipments together. I buy almost every book, DVD, Blu-Ray from Amazon. Each Wednesday, UPS drops off a PILE of boxes. I probably average about 5-6 boxes a week from Amazon. There could be a week where I get 5 DVDs/Blu-Ray discs and each one comes in a separate box. This week it will be more - I got 2 packages today, each with one book. Tomorrow, the Blu-Ray discs/ DVDs I ordered for this week will be coming in six separate boxes.
post #635 of 1219 Old 09-30-2008, 11:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Two more hours to go! Darn thing has been sitting on my desk all day at the office waiting to be played!
post #636 of 1219 Old 09-30-2008, 11:52 AM

In Canada, Future Shop had an exclusive steelbook version. I have to say, it's very slick! I noticed a new UPC sticker pasted over the existing one. I haven't opened it up yet to check it out as I'm at work.....I'll be doing so right away! 5pm EST can't come soon enough!
post #637 of 1219 Old 09-30-2008, 11:57 AM

Just got home with my copy of IM. Attempting playback on a PS3 hooked up via HDMI to a Samsung LN32A550 (1080p capable.) When I load the movie from the XMB, I'm greeted with a pulsing image of the Arclight reactor from the movie, and nothing happens. I have the new (blue disc) version, by the way.

What the heck is going on?
post #638 of 1219 Old 09-30-2008, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desides View Post

Just got home with my copy of IM. Attempting playback on a PS3 hooked up via HDMI to a Samsung LN32A550 (1080p capable.) When I load the movie from the XMB, I'm greeted with a pulsing image of the Arclight reactor from the movie, and nothing happens. I have the new (blue disc) version, by the way.

I think it's downloading BD-Live content. I believe the first time is the only slow load, then from there on out, it's quick like anytime a PS3 loads a BD.

If you have Transformers on BD, same thing happens.

"Don't you hate it when patients come to you with information they found on the web?"
post #639 of 1219 Old 09-30-2008, 12:15 PM

Quote:

Sounds like the movie's trying to download the initial files of the server for BD 2.0 stuff. Is your PS3 connected to the internet? If so, just let the movie download the files it needs.

The first time always takes the longest (like Transformers did).
post #640 of 1219 Old 09-30-2008, 12:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJF View Post

He said he was receiving 200-300 "packages" a year. He's not saying he receives packages 200-300 "days" a year.

Prime members don't have to worry about grouping shipments together. I buy almost every book, DVD, Blu-Ray from Amazon. Each Wednesday, UPS drops off a PILE of boxes. I probably average about 5-6 boxes a week from Amazon. There could be a week where I get 5 DVDs/Blu-Ray discs and each one comes in a separate box. This week it will be more - I got 2 packages today, each with one book. Tomorrow, the Blu-Ray discs/ DVDs I ordered for this week will be coming in six separate boxes.

Still, that's a lot of shopping regardless they get groupped or not. My orders usually contain one or two items.
post #641 of 1219 Old 09-30-2008, 12:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Kn0w View Post

Sounds like the movie's trying to download the initial files of the server for BD 2.0 stuff. Is your PS3 connected to the internet? If so, just let the movie download the files it needs.

The first time always takes the longest (like Transformers did).

That's single most anoying thing back when I played my HD DVDs. I personally don't care much about those interactive junks. But I was forced to sit there and wait for over 10 minutes for most of my HD DVDs to finish downloading the crap out of the slow server of the studios. I quickly learnt to disconnect my player from internet and disable downloading.

Glad I don't have a BD 2.0 player. I never watch extras and downloaded contents anyway.
post #642 of 1219 Old 09-30-2008, 12:20 PM
Advanced Member

Canadian Future Shop Steelbook version.
post #643 of 1219 Old 09-30-2008, 12:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tqlla View Post

WHOA... are you placing an order every day? There are only 260(-10 or so holidays) weekdays in the year. I "Might" order 3 times a month from Amazon.

Prime is definitely worth it for me even though I don't order nearly that much per year. Pretty much anything you consider purchasing is available on Amazon and more often than not they have the best price especially saving on tax...in two days you have your item in hand at a great price without having to burn gas and fight crowds in parking lots/stores.

edit- no minimum order either...a $5 book is shipped free (figuratively speaking) two-day as long as it is stocked by Amazon

"The quickest way to get over your fear of plasma is to actually own *one"- joemama127

*or 3 :)
post #644 of 1219 Old 09-30-2008, 12:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
I never use Amazon, except maybe during the holidays, because here in WA we get slapped with tax. It's a bummer.

Blu Ray... 3-D TV... 4K... I Like New STUFF!!!

post #645 of 1219 Old 09-30-2008, 12:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by joemama127 View Post

Prime is definitely worth it for me even though I don't order nearly that much per year. Pretty much anything you consider purchasing is available on Amazon and more often than not they have the best price especially saving on tax...in two days you have your item in hand at a great price without having to burn gas and fight crowds in parking lots/stores.

edit- no minimum order either...a $5 book is shipped free (figuratively speaking) two-day as long as it is stocked by Amazon

Indeed. It's worth the $80/year to me just to avoid the hassle of driving to a big store or mall, finding a parking place, etc., and I avoid the headache of going to look for a specific item only to discover it's out of stock. That's not to mention to sales taxes, gasoline, and time I save. Also, I never have to lug around shopping bags full of stuff. It's all delivered to my door.

I love Amazon. Holiday shopping is no longer stress-inducing. I sit back and laugh at people who fight crowds shopping. Meanwhile, I'm at home in my sweat pants and t-shirt chilling to my tunes.
post #646 of 1219 Old 09-30-2008, 12:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majestyk View Post

Canadian Future Shop Steelbook version.

Looks great but isn't Canada a different region coding?
post #647 of 1219 Old 09-30-2008, 12:47 PM
Advanced Member

Oh boy....

Major audio problems on my set up. In some scenes I see them talking but no dialog. In others I can hear them but muffled. Overall sound seems muffled. Did a Test Tone and all speakers are accounted for.

I know this disc somehow defaults in some kind of midnight mode but for some reason I don't know how to defeat this feature on my receiver. Its an Onkyo 875. My blu ray player Samsung 1400.

On the very bottom of my remote I have an L Night button but when I try to use it my receiver display says not available. Sorry for the brain fart but let me know how to turn off this midnight audio mode. It might be the problem.
post #648 of 1219 Old 09-30-2008, 12:51 PM
Blu-ray Reviewer

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 394
Quote:
Originally Posted by longhaul747 View Post

Oh boy....

Major audio problems on my set up. In some scenes I see them talking but no dialog. In others I can hear them but muffled. Overall sound seems muffled. Did a Test Tone and all speakers are accounted for.

I know this disc somehow defaults in some kind of midnight mode but for some reason I don't know how to defeat this feature on my receiver. Its an Onkyo 875. My blu ray player Samsung 1400.

On the very bottom of my remote I have an L Night button but when I try to use it my receiver display says not available. Sorry for the brain fart but let me know how to turn off this midnight audio mode. It might be the problem.

Greetings,

Have you pressed the L Night button while the disc is playing? If you don't you will get the not available on the display display because it is activated by the presence of the TrueHD signal. What you are describing doesn't sound consistent with DRC though.

Regards,

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviews
AVS Forum
My Home Theater
My DVD/HD DVD/Blu-ray Collection
post #649 of 1219 Old 09-30-2008, 12:52 PM

That steelbook looks kinda cool. I don't usually like weird boxes. i always throw the slipcovers in a box together. Well i got my copy from BB for $6(had $20 in rewardzone points) and watched it. Plays great on my sammy 5k. My copy was not tampered with nor did it have a different upc sticker or anything. I did have the blue colored feature disc. It sounded great, and the PQ was better than i expected after reading the reviews. Awesome transfer!

Beauty, thy name is KURO.
post #650 of 1219 Old 09-30-2008, 12:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtishd View Post

Looks great but isn't Canada a different region coding?

Nope.
post #651 of 1219 Old 09-30-2008, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by friedriceballer View Post

I think it's downloading BD-Live content. I believe the first time is the only slow load, then from there on out, it's quick like anytime a PS3 loads a BD.

If you have Transformers on BD, same thing happens.

Looks like that's the case. I started it back up and it must've finished the download. Thanks for the explanation; I was worried I had a dud disc.

Still, some kind of indicator that it's performing something in the background would have been nice.
post #652 of 1219 Old 09-30-2008, 01:01 PM

Liked: 11
on the onkyo, we're finding its when you use the true HD function. i normally have that option set to off, but the true HD kicks it into auto. and yes the L Night button at the bottom of the remote is what you use to toggle through it...

i got it at target...just cause i was finally glad to see some kind of funky packaging for blu ray. normally we pay more and we get nothing...granted we get a better looking version, but i still like funky stuff
post #653 of 1219 Old 09-30-2008, 01:05 PM
Advanced Member

Oh man, I wish we got that Steelbook version. I hate the US packaging. These Disney style slip cases with stickers and price tags go right in my trashcan. Except that on Iron Man, it's the only way to actually see Iron Man on the cover, and get a run down of the disc contents and features on the back. Lame.
post #654 of 1219 Old 09-30-2008, 01:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Looks like that's the case. I started it back up and it must've finished the download. Thanks for the explanation; I was worried I had a dud disc.

Still, some kind of indicator that it's performing something in the background would have been nice.

Agreed. How long would it take to make a screen that says, "Updating online content. Subsequent plays of disc will not require this step."?
post #655 of 1219 Old 09-30-2008, 01:17 PM

While I like Steelbooks, I wouldn't hunt them down. I do think the Iron Man is spoiled somewhat by the goofy red and blue borders.

Props to Canada for actually not having the boring plain disc art, though!
post #656 of 1219 Old 09-30-2008, 01:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Thanks I didnt know both of them had flaws! It sounded like someone turned down the volume,it still had good sq.
post #657 of 1219 Old 09-30-2008, 01:18 PM
Advanced Member

So the only way to know if you have the newer version is if one disc is blue and the other is grey?

I picked up the 2 disc edition at CC this morning but wanted to double check if there is a way to know before I open it...

Live/PS3: NovembersChopin
post #658 of 1219 Old 09-30-2008, 01:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by BZiggyZ View Post

Oh man, I wish we got that Steelbook version. I hate the US packaging. These Disney style slip cases with stickers and price tags go right in my trashcan. Except that on Iron Man, it's the only way to actually see Iron Man on the cover, and get a run down of the disc contents and features on the back. Lame.

x2

The Steelbook is available at Suncoast right? I may return my Best Buy purchase and get the other.

Has anyone using analogs instead of HDMI had audio issues?

My Rig

Kenobi's 31 Days of Horror:

post #659 of 1219 Old 09-30-2008, 01:27 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Potts View Post

Greetings,

Have you pressed the L Night button while the disc is playing? If you don't you will get the not available on the display display because it is activated by the presence of the TrueHD signal. What you are describing doesn't sound consistent with DRC though.

Regards,

Quote:

on the onkyo, we're finding its when you use the true HD function. i normally have that option set to off, but the true HD kicks it into auto. and yes the L Night button at the bottom of the remote is what you use to toggle through it...

i got it at target...just cause i was finally glad to see some kind of funky packaging for blu ray. normally we pay more and we get nothing...granted we get a better looking version, but i still like funky stuff

I rebooted the player and I seem to have the dialog back but still muffled. Likely from the midnight audio mode it defaults to.

I tried the L Night button on the bottom. I still get unavailable with the disc playing or not. Not sure why this simple feature is not working for me. On fresh reboot of the player it defaults to MultiCh audio witch I believe is correct.

Oh this is cute. If I select another audio mode like PLII I no longer get dialog but everything else. When I go back to MultiCh audio the dialog is still gone until I reboot the Blu Ray player.

I tried Rambo III and it screams in comparison and no loss of dialog. Something is very screwed up with the audio on Iron Man.

BTW, mine is the correct gray disc with the revised UPC code. So its not like I got the defective disc.
post #660 of 1219 Old 09-30-2008, 01:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Kenobi View Post

x2

The Steelbook is available at Suncoast right? I may return my Best Buy purchase and get the other.

Has anyone using analogs instead of HDMI had audio issues?

The steelbook is available at Future Shop in Canada (and there are plenty on Ebay - they have been going for $40-$50 so far). The US TWEC stores (Suncoast, FYE, Sam Goody...) are seeling a steelbook for the DVD version.
Reply Blu-ray Software

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page