Forum Jump: 

post #781 of 1219 Old 09-30-2008, 07:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbass2k View Post

Ok, do you remember that scene? Did you watch the deleted scenes? In another forum a guy is reporting the same thing. Something fishy is going on.

The only fishiness is in your head.

The scene on the disc is exactly the same as the one in theaters. The convoy ambush was very quick. Soldiers get shot, Tony gets out and tries to make a call, rocket lands next to him, boom. That's exactly how it was in theaters.

You've allowed the deleted scenes to interfere with your recollection of what you saw in the theater.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #782 of 1219 Old 09-30-2008, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevivoe View Post

I aborted after 1 hour, 20 minutes.

Im on the same boat...past 1hr already. Turned it on, took a nap, watched the Twins/Sox tiebreaker game, fell asleep again. Then what do u know, still stuck on the same blue ring screen. Effin POS
post #783 of 1219 Old 09-30-2008, 07:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky View Post

2 hours and still nothing. I am on a PS3. I appreciate the tip about turning off BD Internet connection since that got me into the movie, but I am trying to download the Live content agin and its still sitting there after another 20 minutes...

how do you turn off BD internet connection on the ps3
post #784 of 1219 Old 09-30-2008, 07:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post

Once you turn it off on my Denon 3808 it stays off.

yes, thank you
post #785 of 1219 Old 09-30-2008, 07:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 63
I watched the Iron Man BluRay today; having seen the film several times in the theaters I'm very confident that this is exactly the same cut. The fact that the movie begins with Stark being injured, then cuts to a flashback, then cuts back to him in the caves is what is probably throwing people off.

The PQ is fantastic on this one although downloading the BD Live content was a pain and I just cancelled it after a few minutes; I'll get it in a few days after the initial feeding frenzy has petered out. I've set my PS3 to always ask me whether I want to DL anything when firing up a disc and studios should really get into the habit of putting some messages and a status bar on screen. I'm sure a lot of people who aren't tech savvy will see the spinning ARC reactor animation and be convinced they have a defective disc.
post #786 of 1219 Old 09-30-2008, 08:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kainofury View Post

I just opened my blu ray version that I purchased from best buy. I put it in my ps3 and it sat at the loading screen for a good 5-10 minutes. It works, but i was curious if anyone else ran into this issue.

Loaded instantly on my BD30.

post #787 of 1219 Old 09-30-2008, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Mammoth View Post

Thank you SO much for that tip, I thought my disc was messed up and I wouldn't be able to watch this tonight.

Anytime!!

To reiterate because I've noticed people do not like to read through this thread for answers, if you want to bypass the BD Live download on your PS3, go to BD/DVD Settings--->BD Internet Connection--->Change this from "Allow" to "Confirm".

Then when you load the movie, pick "No" for internet connectivity of this BD and you'll bypass the BD Live loading screen (IE: Blue Ring)
post #788 of 1219 Old 09-30-2008, 08:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42Plasmaman View Post

Loaded instantly on my BD30.

BD30 does not have BD-live
post #789 of 1219 Old 09-30-2008, 08:07 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyDP View Post

I'm sure a lot of people who aren't tech savvy will see the spinning ARC reactor animation and be convinced they have a defective disc.

What kind of an idiot would think something like that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDad View Post

Well, I had a helluva time getting the disc to play on my PS3. It would not get past the java loading screen. I finally tried disabling the BD internet connection - and it loaded right up. So I'm thinking I got one of the defective discs - and they just slapped a new UPC sticker on the box.

umm ... never mind ...

post #790 of 1219 Old 09-30-2008, 08:09 PM
AVS Special Member

I'm having the opposite problem - it won't attempt to download the BD Live content on my PS3. If I choose "BD LIVE" from the extras menu, it tells me I am either not connected to the internet (which I am) or my player isn't BD Live capable.

Nevermind... needed to change some router settings.
post #791 of 1219 Old 09-30-2008, 08:09 PM
AVS Special Member

What's the wait time to load on BD 50? Same as the PS3?
post #792 of 1219 Old 09-30-2008, 08:15 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desides View Post

... Why in the hell would they cut it for the home release?

It's in there. It's part of the flashback sequence pre-captivity. If you've gotten to the part where Stark is waking up in the cave, you're about 5 minutes too far.

Its there....must have missed it during my first pass!!
post #793 of 1219 Old 09-30-2008, 08:23 PM
TRT
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
WOW! I'm glad my local CC was sold out. That's right. You read right. Sold out of a blu-ray release!
post #794 of 1219 Old 09-30-2008, 08:23 PM

I say again:

PS3 Owners: Change settings under BD/DVD Settings > BD Internet Connection set to Confirm to prevent this automatic BD-Live download in the future.

When you run the disc you will receive a prompt allowing you the choice to download or not.

My guess is that this is an isolated incident directly related to the BD-Live servers. Surely the companies will take note of this and maybe even take action against it happening again.

-Ex
post #795 of 1219 Old 09-30-2008, 08:25 PM
TRT
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExAnim8r View Post

I say again:

PS3 Owners: Change settings under BD/DVD Settings > BD Internet Connection set to Confirm to prevent this automatic BD-Live download in the future.

When you run the disc you will receive a prompt allowing you the choice to download or not.

My guess is that this is an isolated incident directly related to the BD-Live servers. Surely the companies will take note of this and maybe even take action against it happening again.

-Ex

Great tip. Thanks. This should probably be the prefered setting anyway.
post #796 of 1219 Old 09-30-2008, 08:31 PM

What would a guy do without the internet and this forum. I was ready to have a fit when Iron man failed to load on my PS3. Thanks to the about tip I'm just sitting down to watch it.
Thanks!!!!

"If it's smaller than 92" it's not Home Theater...It's just a room with a big TV"
post #797 of 1219 Old 09-30-2008, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExAnim8r View Post

I say again:

-Ex

They really need to sticky this to the TOP of the Blu-ray Software section. I am really tired of this already.

Bears... Beets... Battlestar Galactica.
post #798 of 1219 Old 09-30-2008, 08:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 49
I wonder how many returns they'll get of this disc? "Hey, we sold one million discs... and 250,000 were returned on day one as being defective... hmm.. maybe we shouldn't have done that auto-download thing."

This is the only disc I've had that's done something like this. I read some posts that Transformers did it, but it must have been a million times faster, because I didn't note any extra loading time on that one. Iron Man, however... I let it sit for about forty-five minutes and got nothing.

I really hope they never do this again. I don't want any of my discs to do a damn thing online unless I specifically tell it to by clicking the BD-Live link on the menu.

Welcome to Rivendell, Mister Anderson.
post #799 of 1219 Old 09-30-2008, 08:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Just finished watching Iron Man for the first time.

WOW.

This is REFERENCE Dolby True HD audio... I am biased towards PCM soundtracks because I despise DialNorm (having to raise my receiver volume +5db is a chore everytime I switch PCM/TrueHD), but this is not an issue on Iron Man.

The dialog was comfortably loud, and rarely (maybe once) did I not understand what was spoken onscreen. Even during heavy action scenes.

The gun shots sound meaty, not rat-tat-tat, more like dootf-dootf-dootf with full weight and impact.

The LFE? Ho-My-God!!! Can you say "shake the house loud"? I can't imagine what the neighbors must've heard... fortunately, they're out of town.

PQ was excellent. Not much to be said there. The red hues on the Iron Man suit looked like real life (even though it was CGI).

All in all, my favorite BD release this year.

5-Stars for Audio

4.5-Stars for Video.

HIGHLY recommended.

p.s. I hope they replace Paltrow for Iron Man 2. She was wasted in her supporting role. Whenever she was onscreeen, the movie felt like it grinded to a screeching halt.
post #800 of 1219 Old 09-30-2008, 08:48 PM

so which disc is the defective one? before upwrapping my upc code matched the fixed disc but when i took the plastic off the upc under the sticker matches the defective one. so which one do i have?
post #801 of 1219 Old 09-30-2008, 08:50 PM

I can see many returns because the "disc won't play." That ARC reactor screen is too vague, not letting anyone know if it's either loading the main menu or downloading BD-Live content. Paramount should have authored the disc to go straight to the menu and allow users to choose BD-Live access at the user's whim.

On another note, the PQ is fantastic. I love how the film is not given that digital look by being excessively clean. The grain here gives it a very filmic appearance. Yet, the movie still retains the 3D image associated with high definition. Don't judge the screencaptures. View it yourself; you'll be impressed.

Audio is just as I remembered in theater. The quality on the BD is significantly better, of course!
post #802 of 1219 Old 09-30-2008, 08:53 PM
Advanced Member

Wow Rieper, your neighbours could hear you from out of town!Thats quite the setup you've got
post #803 of 1219 Old 09-30-2008, 08:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 290 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian-HD View Post

BD30 does not have BD-live

Thank God!
post #804 of 1219 Old 09-30-2008, 09:07 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
how do you disable DRC on the denon 3808?
post #805 of 1219 Old 09-30-2008, 09:08 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenike View Post

I can see many returns because the "disc won't play."

When I got mine at BB (ordered online for in-store pickup) the CSR warned me about the issue and mentioned that many people were returning them thinking they were defective. This at 6 PM on release day!
post #806 of 1219 Old 09-30-2008, 09:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rieper View Post

Just finished watching Iron Man for the first time.

WOW.

This is REFERENCE Dolby True HD audio... I am biased towards PCM soundtracks because I despise DialNorm (having to raise my receiver volume +5db is a chore everytime I switch PCM/TrueHD), but this is not an issue on Iron Man.

The dialog was comfortably loud, and rarely (maybe once) did I not understand what was spoken onscreen. Even during heavy action scenes.

The gun shots sound meaty, not rat-tat-tat, more like dootf-dootf-dootf with full weight and impact.

The LFE? Ho-My-God!!! Can you say "shake the house loud"? I can't imagine what the neighbors must've heard... fortunately, they're out of town.

PQ was excellent. Not much to be said there. The red hues on the Iron Man suit looked like real life (even though it was CGI).

All in all, my favorite BD release this year.

5-Stars for Audio

4.5-Stars for Video.

HIGHLY recommended.

p.s. I hope they replace Paltrow for Iron Man 2. She was wasted in her supporting role. Whenever she was onscreeen, the movie felt like it grinded to a screeching halt.

Just saw it for the first time myself, as well. This movie looks and sounds awesome. I'm pretty sure my neighbors were annoyed (small apartment, thin walls, LOL). And on top of all that, it's a damn good movie!

No complaint about Paltrow here, the movie slowed down for me when she was on screen because I was gawking.

Back off man, I'm a scientist.
post #807 of 1219 Old 09-30-2008, 09:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdvision View Post

what would a guy do without the internet and this forum.

+1

post #808 of 1219 Old 09-30-2008, 09:15 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPJ View Post

Those portions of the scene are on my BD. The guy in the back of the Humvee (sitting next to Tony) asks if he can have a picture with Tony. Tony says 'sure', then the guy throws up a peace sign. Tony says "no gang signs, though", then tells him he was just kidding. Right after that, the car in front of them gets bombed. Everyone in the Humvee gets offed, one by one, then Tony gets out and tries to use his phone. Just then, the bomb with 'Stark Industries' lands in the ground next to him.

That stuff is on my BD.

Are we talking about the same scenes?

Yes, exactly, I just checked out the dvd release and it wasn't there either, is that scene in your deleted scenes also? Imma put the disk in and check again, but the bottom line is that both discs I have go from him getting into the Humvee, talking to Terrance Howard, and then driving a little and BOOM, then right into the cave, no picture, no myspace talk, nothing...somebody explain this to me.
post #809 of 1219 Old 09-30-2008, 09:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I actually thought the audio would be better, but I love the high-pitched whine of the Repulsor Rays being leveled down during the Gulmira scene.

The video transfer blew me away, though---possibly the most impressive transfer I've seen.
post #810 of 1219 Old 09-30-2008, 09:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbass2k View Post

Yes, exactly, I just checked out the dvd release and it wasn't there either, is that scene in your deleted scenes also? Imma put the disk in and check again, but the bottom line is that both discs I have go from him getting into the Humvee, talking to Terrance Howard, and then driving a little and BOOM, then right into the cave, no picture, no myspace talk, nothing...somebody explain this to me.

I just watched this film for the first time with the BD release, and it played out properly at the beginning with the Humvee scene.

Reply Blu-ray Software

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page