post #361 of 367 Old 01-21-2009, 09:12 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by butsu View Post

Exactly what I talked about in many times with this EE issue,I saw it without noticed any of it.If I saw ,I would ignored it cause I want to enjoy the movie.

I was talking about Extended Edition Butsu

Frank

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 367 Old 01-21-2009, 09:42 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Just to ask again can surface scratches be removed on a BD disk? My King Kong copy had two.

Frank

post #363 of 367 Old 01-22-2009, 01:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post

Just to ask again can surface scratches be removed on a BD disk? My King Kong copy had two.

If these scratches on the surface of BD don't harm your watching,don't do anything to it.
post #364 of 367 Old 01-22-2009, 03:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I agree the theatrical cut was better, could even be shorter actually (goes without saying), but I did think it was cool to watch the cut scenes once to see what they had to offer and I actually enjoyed them for what they are, theres just no need to watch 'that entire cut' of the flick every time just for that when we now have the best of both worlds on this disc.

As for the scratches - I don't know if they can be removed, but its hit or miss if they'll worsen and eventually foul up the reading of the disc, you're prolly fine with it, most discs end up with a scratch or two but they're usually ok (sucks that they showed on a brand new disc though). My first copy of 'A Few Good Men' had a nasty little scratch yet it played perfectly through the first time I watched it - the very next time I popped it in to show to some friends however (didn't have many flicks at that time, lol), I was embarrassed, it was a wreck, skipping, blocking, freezing up, etc - luckily that was only 3 weeks later and I was able to swap it with another at BB. Other than that one, I never had another issue with a Blu Ray disc :::knocks on desk::: but I also now ALWAYS pop 'em open in the car and check before pulling away when I buy 'em at B&Ms!

My Setup | Night

Latest Blu-Rays Bought: Brubaker, Big Bang Season 6, Star Trek Into Darkness, World War Z, Iron Man 3, Halloween 35th, This is The End, The Conjuring, The World's End, You're Next, Thor 2, Gravity

post #365 of 367 Old 01-22-2009, 04:09 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schils View Post

I agree the theatrical cut was better, could even be shorter actually (goes without saying), but I did think it was cool to watch the cut scenes once to see what they had to offer and I actually enjoyed them for what they are, theres just no need to watch 'that entire cut' of the flick every time just for that when we now have the best of both worlds on this disc.

As for the scratches - I don't know if they can be removed, but its hit or miss if they'll worsen and eventually foul up the reading of the disc, you're prolly fine with it, most discs end up with a scratch or two but they're usually ok (sucks that they showed on a brand new disc though). My first copy of 'A Few Good Men' had a nasty little scratch yet it played perfectly through the first time I watched it - the very next time I popped it in to show to some friends however (didn't have many flicks at that time, lol), I was embarrassed, it was a wreck, skipping, blocking, freezing up, etc - luckily that was only 3 weeks later and I was able to swap it with another at BB. Other than that one, I never had another issue with a Blu Ray disc :::knocks on desk::: but I also now ALWAYS pop 'em open in the car and check before pulling away when I buy 'em at B&Ms!

I know DVD's can be removed I thought it would be similar, oh well might have to ship it back to DVD Pacific again.

Don't get me wrong it was fun to watch the Extended edition but it would of been good if they added more to the story like the LOTR Extended edtions.

Frank

post #366 of 367 Old 01-27-2009, 04:41 PM
B72

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
still wanting to pick this one up -

everyone local is sold out
and a few of the stores told me they only got 3 copies initially

what gives ?

maybe I'll just wait for the next release with all the extras - who am I kidding , they know I'll buy both
post #367 of 367 Old 01-27-2009, 05:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Yes,all dealers told me this BD is best seller for now and sold out already.people must wait for 1 week for new shipment.
Reply Blu-ray Software

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page