Warner releasing 'Batman: The Motion Picture Anthology' on March 10 - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 292 Old 02-18-2009, 11:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by xraffle View Post

Actually it does. Look at "The Matrix" movies. They wouldn't have been so popular had it not been for their cool action and FX.

Well crafted action can very well enforce a good story, but if the story lacks, no action in the world can help it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 292 Old 02-19-2009, 07:11 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:

Actually it does. Look at "The Matrix" movies. They wouldn't have been so popular had it not been for their cool action and FX.

The first Matrix movie, regardless of the special FX is still a good movie, with an interesting story. Now the second 2 I will give you are all special fx fluff and nothing else. I really dislike the second two matrix movies, series would have been better as just one movie.
post #93 of 292 Old 02-19-2009, 08:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Well, if a movie is popular or not doesn't matter to me either. I have to like the story in order to like the movie.

XBOX 360-RY35AN
PS3-RY35AN
post #94 of 292 Old 02-19-2009, 11:39 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RY35AN View Post

Man, I really don't understand some people's taste in movies. How could anyone like Schumacher's movies over Burton's? Too each his own but...wow, seriously?

While i'll agree BATMAN AND ROBIN is utter garbage, FOREVER is my favorite of those 4.

BATMAN FOREVER was the first film that dare to explore the psyche of Bruce Wayne and why he became Batman and what his motivations were. While the mind-sucking is stupid, the villians themselves were entertaining for me.

I am not a Jim Carrey fan but I actually liked him as RIDDLER and though the origin of TWO-FACE is glossed over, I found him to be a compelling character (though no where on the level of Eckhart's TWO-FACE).

I really liked the interaction of Bruce Wayne and Dick Grayson and the bond they formed. When Dick found out Bruce's secret identity, they both understood being a victim and wanting to right a wrong, wheter it was personal (for Dick Grayson) or wheter it was to better Gotham (Bruce Wayne). I think their relationship worked and is what made the film work.

Factor in the Chase Meridian character that provides the love interest and the as the psychologist helps Bruce explore his inner demons and his motivations.

All those I found much more compelling than the Burton films.
post #95 of 292 Old 02-19-2009, 11:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Well, to each his own. At least you liked it for the story and not just the special FX LOL.

XBOX 360-RY35AN
PS3-RY35AN
post #96 of 292 Old 02-20-2009, 07:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieSwede View Post

Well crafted action can very well enforce a good story, but if the story lacks, no action in the world can help it.

How on earth is the story of B&R lacking?
post #97 of 292 Old 02-20-2009, 07:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davcole View Post

While i'll agree BATMAN AND ROBIN is utter garbage

I wish it were mostly Batman fans posting here. If someone is calling a Batman movie garbage (whether it’s a Schumacher film or not), then they're not a fan. Now, don't get me wrong, I like the Burton films. Both the Burton and Schumacher films are good in their own way. All Batman fans should feels this way as well.
post #98 of 292 Old 02-20-2009, 07:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I wish it were mostly Batlam fans posting here. If someone is calling a Batman movie garbage (whether it's a Schumacher film or not), then they're not a fan. Now, don't get me wrong, I like the Burton films. Both the Burton and Schumacher films are good in their own way. All Batman fans should feels this way as well.

Why is that?

XBOX 360-RY35AN
PS3-RY35AN
post #99 of 292 Old 02-20-2009, 07:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Why is that?

Because it's BATMAN
post #100 of 292 Old 02-20-2009, 07:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Because it's BATMAN

Which means BATMAN should be associated with garbage(Forever and the other one)? Because it's Batman the two Shumachers are very disappointing.

Ridiculous codec tier sig gone. Still AVC/24bit lossless fanboy.

Studio quality tier
Most Major studios>Small Studios>dogs>cats>Warner(the guys that do new movies)
post #101 of 292 Old 02-20-2009, 08:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Because it's BATMAN

Oh, seriously? I like Batman just as much as anyone else. In fact, I like Batman so much that I can't stand those two movies (Schumacher films).

XBOX 360-RY35AN
PS3-RY35AN
post #102 of 292 Old 02-20-2009, 08:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Ok, please give me a detailed description as to why B&R is so bad.
post #103 of 292 Old 02-20-2009, 08:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Watching those two (shumacher one) is a pain. I would prefer getting a tatoo made with a jackhammer then having to watch those again. And i'm saying this as a guy who love z-serie fantasy/horror/scifi movies and series. I haven't seen such bad movie since the time I saw "The story of ricky" live action movie.
post #104 of 292 Old 02-20-2009, 09:31 AM
AVS Special Member

A detailed description isn't really necesasary. It was an awful movie filled with glowing neon lights, stupid camera angles, bad jokes, a cheesy story and the list go's on and on. Why don't you look up some reviews on the film? You can probably find some more details there.

XBOX 360-RY35AN
PS3-RY35AN
post #105 of 292 Old 02-20-2009, 09:50 AM
Advanced Member

Personally I enjoyed B&R because of the camp value. Yes it almost destroyed the Batman franchise but it was so bad its good (IMHO). And come on, who doesn't love Arnold (because really it was his film, not Batman's despite the title)? Here's a link to rottentomatoes to check out the reviews:
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/1077...man_and_robin/

I find it funny that 35% (7 out of 20) of the reviews gave it a fresh rating but it's overall is only 12%!
post #106 of 292 Old 02-20-2009, 10:26 AM

Liked: 12
Probably only get Batman & Batman Forever. Hated the whole Penguin thing in the second one. In fact I could probably bear B&R over Returns.
post #107 of 292 Old 02-20-2009, 10:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnj1958 View Post

Probably only get Batman & Batman Forever. Hated the whole Penguin thing in the second one. In fact I could probably bear B&R over Returns.

Ok, to say B&R is garbage is one thing, but Batman Returns??? What's next? The Dark Knight? Don't deny it, but you people aren't real Batman fans.
post #108 of 292 Old 02-20-2009, 10:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Ok, to say B&R is garbage is one thing, but Batman Returns??? What's next? The Dark Knight? Don't deny it, but you people aren't real Batman fans.

I've gotta agree with you on Batman Returns. Great movie IMO.

XBOX 360-RY35AN
PS3-RY35AN
post #109 of 292 Old 02-20-2009, 10:40 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I wish it were mostly Batman fans posting here. If someone is calling a Batman movie garbage (whether it's a Schumacher film or not), then they're not a fan. Now, don't get me wrong, I like the Burton films. Both the Burton and Schumacher films are good in their own way. All Batman fans should feels this way as well.

I'm a big comic fan-boy and Ive been reading batman comics since i was a kid. and yes batman and robin made batman look bad big time. that was the only thing in this world that made his reputation drop a little was cause of that movie. i think the main part was because of clooney. the man had a smirk on his face during the whole movie. i don't call that batman always walking around with a smile on his face.

which actor made batman look the best was bale for sure. why do you think the last 2 movies they changed the story line around for batman to be more serious cause they saw the reviews on batman and robin from millions and you look at the reviews on-line at any site that sales those original batman movies and batman and robin is always gonna have the worst reviews.

SONY 32XBR6
SAMSUNG 46C6500

BD 40
HD DVD 28
post #110 of 292 Old 02-20-2009, 10:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by champer View Post

i think the main part was because of clooney. the man had a smirk on his face during the whole movie. i don't call that batman always walking around with a smile on his face.

That brings me to another question. I've researched and I couldn't find the answer, but is there a particular reason why Keaton and Kilmer didn't want to continue the role of Batman?
post #111 of 292 Old 02-20-2009, 10:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I've gotta agree with you on Batman Returns. Great movie IMO.

I love Batman Returns. It's my favorite batman movie. How can you go wrong with C. Walken, DeVito and a tight leather clad M. Pfiefer.
post #112 of 292 Old 02-20-2009, 10:59 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

That brings me to another question. I've researched and I couldn't find the answer, but is there a particular reason why Keaton and Kilmer didn't want to continue the role of Batman?

the directors probably wanted to use someone new. and looks they made a good choice with bale. i think keaton looks a little to old now anyways.

i heard that robert patrick the dude that did T-1000 in terminator 2 might be in the terminator salvation film. but after almost 20 years now of T2 release I'm sure he looks a little different as well.

SONY 32XBR6
SAMSUNG 46C6500

BD 40
HD DVD 28
post #113 of 292 Old 02-20-2009, 11:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by champer View Post

the directors probably wanted to use someone new. and looks they made a good choice with bale. i think keaton looks a little to old now anyways.

No, I'm asking why didn't Keaton continue in BF and B&R. And why didn't Kilmer continue in B&R?
post #114 of 292 Old 02-20-2009, 11:03 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
is march 10th still the release date i just looked at amazon and there was no date for release.i really want this set been waiting a long time
post #115 of 292 Old 02-20-2009, 11:05 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferax View Post

I love Batman Returns. It's my favorite batman movie. How can you go wrong with C. Walken, DeVito and a tight leather clad M. Pfiefer.

i so agree ive especially searched everywhere for a poster of pfiefer playing catwoman from the film but it doesnt exist i dont think. it would be a kick ass poster to have though

SONY 32XBR6
SAMSUNG 46C6500

BD 40
HD DVD 28
post #116 of 292 Old 02-20-2009, 11:23 AM

Keaton didn't want to be in the movie if Burton didn't direct it. Kilmer was hard to work with (in everything he's done) and Joel said he didn't want him in B&R.
post #117 of 292 Old 02-20-2009, 11:56 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:

Don't know if you're referring to my post specifically but I never said Returns was garbage. I just never liked the campness of the Penguin in that movie so it always puts me off watching it.

I'm not a "fan" of Batman in general. I'm a movie fan not a comic book fan. I come at the types of movies as such. I much prefer the newer Batman movies over the older ones.
post #118 of 292 Old 02-20-2009, 12:02 PM
AVS Special Member

I would replace the 2 Schumacher movies with the original 1966 movie with Adam West.
post #119 of 292 Old 02-20-2009, 01:49 PM

Quote:

I wish it were mostly Batman fans posting here. If someone is calling a Batman movie garbage (whether it's a Schumacher film or not), then they're not a fan. Now, don't get me wrong, I like the Burton films. Both the Burton and Schumacher films are good in their own way. All Batman fans should feels this way as well.

This makes no sense what so ever. If you're really a fan of Batman they you aren't going to like all the stupid no reason changes they made to the characters and the stories. You're not just going to bend over and take it because its Batman. If you're really a fan you're going to be even more critical of the movies. I would wager to say that if you really like these movies than you're not a Batman fan, cause anyone whose read the comics for awhile would see how truly awful these movies were, including the keaton batmans.
post #120 of 292 Old 02-20-2009, 01:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferax View Post

Yep, what I liked about the Burton films is that you felt like you were in a "comic book" world.

XBOX 360-RY35AN
PS3-RY35AN
Reply Blu-ray Software

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page