Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Schiller View Post

Also note, they raised the price!

I knew I shouldn't have waited.

I think that's a bunch of BULLCRAP that they raised the prices after just 2 days of offering the deal.

~Dave

...Theater Room Setup...
JVC DLA-RS40-U... Oppo BDP-105D... Toshiba HD-XA2... Uverse VIP-2250... Roku Streaming Stick... Emotiva XPA-3... Onkyo TX-SR805
JBL LC2 (x3) ... JBL L820 (x6) ... SVS PB10-ISD (x2) ... SVS 20-39-PCI
post #273 of 1094 Old 04-27-2009, 10:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smarty-pants View Post

I think that's a bunch of BULLCRAP that they raised the prices after just 2 days of offering the deal.

the deal has been on for like a week already...and a previous post said it was a glitch...

"How long were you in Mexico?"
" uh...a week, no, no, a day..."
"Well, which is it a week or a day?
"uh...a weekday?"
post #274 of 1094 Old 04-27-2009, 10:53 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by colombianlove41 View Post

the deal has been on for like a week already...and a previous post said it was a glitch...

Prices have been like that for several days now, so ya, it changed after a couple days. If it's a glitch, then it sure is a long glitch. They were able to change the terms on the some things like the Matrix set, but not able to fix the prices?

~Dave

...Theater Room Setup...
JVC DLA-RS40-U... Oppo BDP-105D... Toshiba HD-XA2... Uverse VIP-2250... Roku Streaming Stick... Emotiva XPA-3... Onkyo TX-SR805
post #275 of 1094 Old 04-28-2009, 02:57 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I noticed that the Full Metal Jacket that is shown on the red2blu site has a different cover than mine. Mine is the all white one with the helmet on it. Anyone know if they'll accept mine?

Pain Gauge - my electro-industrial music project

post #276 of 1094 Old 04-28-2009, 04:40 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:

BFD. So I paid a few more dollars for Casablanca. It's still a bargain considering it's list price. Their original prices were a mistake. They corrected that. Get over it and move on. If the new prices upset you, then don't participate. And I appreciate that Warner is even doing this in the first place. They didn't have to.
post #277 of 1094 Old 04-28-2009, 05:07 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by neveser View Post

I noticed that the Full Metal Jacket that is shown on the red2blu site has a different cover than mine. Mine is the all white one with the helmet on it. Anyone know if they'll accept mine?

I'm still waiting to hear back from them about this. I'll let you know what they say.
post #278 of 1094 Old 04-28-2009, 06:14 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 52
I sent mine off several days ago. I am swapping 24 titles. I sent in the cover for the 300 I got with my HD-DVD player and paid the $5 without even thinking about a UPC code. I guess I am out $5 and a cover.

Full Metal Jacket... My guess is that just the artwork is different and the UPC codes are going to be the same. WB messed up on the first mastering of FMJ which was the one with the white cover.

HD-DVD = 94
Blu-Ray = 120 ( 24 Warner red2blu )
post #279 of 1094 Old 04-28-2009, 08:57 AM
AVS Special Member

on the whole glitch thing... this is what we were told over the phone... i was also specifically told they weren't jacking up the prices

i got an email back saying it was a price increase... i could go through a crapload of trouble and get them to honor the price as i was assured over the phone it wasn't going up but i have enough stress right now i don't need to argue with people who don't understand the word of a CS Rep is basically the official word of the company
post #280 of 1094 Old 04-28-2009, 09:07 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmishFury View Post

on the whole glitch thing... this is what we were told over the phone... i was also specifically told they weren't jacking up the prices

i got an email back saying it was a price increase... i could go through a crapload of trouble and get them to honor the price as i was assured over the phone it wasn't going up but i have enough stress right now i don't need to argue with people who don't understand the word of a CS Rep is basically the official word of the company

tru dat. ...and there's nothing you can do about it without going to a lot of trouble over it. Believe me, I've actually been to court over such things. For the most part, they can lie all they want and get away with it.

~Dave

...Theater Room Setup...
post #281 of 1094 Old 04-28-2009, 09:20 AM

Quote:

The new prices upset me, but that does not keep me from participating. I got my order in under the OLD prices thank you very much. My concern is for other people STILL being taken advantage of by WB. They OWE the people who paid for all those HD DVDs. They should feel bad for what they did to the industry. The fact that they are STILL trying to profit from HD DVD buyers is repulsive at best. I find find it disgusting that most people feel it is ok for big business to walk all over their clientel, then one day when they actully decide to offer something close to proper custmer support and service, everyone says "awwww, how generous of them."
You've GOT to be kidding.
I suspect (<-notice how I state my opinion as such and not as fact) that they noticed more trade ins for Casablanca and Matrix sets. So they decided it was too good of a deal, and wanted to profit a bit more from it, so decided to raise the prices.
So what ARE the facts???? Two people say the prices are a glitch, another says is was a mistake and now corrected....
I suspect we'll never know, and I'll bet the prices do NOT go back down.

Why does Warner owe us HDDVD owners. We made the decision to purchase HD. Some purchased only HD and some purchased HD and Blu. As far as the prices are concerned.

This is from the rules.

Warner Bros.
Home Entertainment Inc. may at its discretion change, amend or modify the
Red2Blu Program Terms at any time without notice, provided that once any
particular order is made such order will be governed by the Red2Blu Program
Terms in effect when the order was made.

Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Inc. reserves the right at its discretion to offer
other promotional offerings, including coupons and/or other discounts, to
individuals who participate in the Program and to terminate any such promotional
offering, or to modify or otherwise alter its terms, at any time; provided that
individuals participating in the Program will be entitled to receive only the
promotional offering, if any, that exists at the time of their purchase of the Blu-ray
version(s) of the Participating Title(s) and/or Participating Collection(s).

What this means is that they will honor the prices in effect at the time someone made their purchase. I personally waited and have to pay the higher prices on Ultimate Matrix and Casablanca. Companies raising prices to make more of a profit is commonplace. Come to Panama City Beach before and during Spring Break and see how the prices change.

Warner does not owe me anything. I owe it to myself to take up this offer and try to make a little money off of the Blu-Rays I get for approximately $5.25 each.

A reddish shade of purple
HD-DVD owned - 247
HD-DVD on order - 0
BLU-RAY owned - 259
BLU-RAY on order - 0

My Collection:
http://www.invelos.com/DVDCollection.aspx/tcfiero

ebay: tcfiero
post #282 of 1094 Old 04-28-2009, 09:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Do you feel entitled much, Smarty Pants? I would like to hear a legitimate argument as to why Warner owes you anything for your HD-DVDs. Did they stop working when they abandoned the format? Did they issue a firmware update that destroyed your HD-DVD player? My HD-DVDs still work fine in my player. Does Warner owe a you a DVD for every VHS you ever bought from them? A Blu-ray for every DVD? I think this is mighty generous of them.
post #283 of 1094 Old 04-28-2009, 10:16 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by neveser View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugnax555 View Post

I'm still waiting to hear back from them about this. I'll let you know what they say.

Okay. I heard back (sort of). She said she believes that the first release of Full Metal Jacket should work since it's the same title, but the question is being escalated for confirmation. If I hear anything else, I'll post back.
post #284 of 1094 Old 04-28-2009, 11:28 AM

Liked: 12
Not that it really matters, but I wonder which version of Polar Express I'm going to get. The old one or the new 3-D version with the better sound! I hope the new one.

Has anyone here asked about Polar Express when talking to WB customer service??
post #285 of 1094 Old 04-28-2009, 01:25 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmb017 View Post

I rarely keep those boxes. And if I had I would have probably removed the sticker anyway. Any way around that. I would definitely like to upgrade that and Harry Potter to Blu.

Tom

I didn't keep the rubber-cement-glued-on outer page either - I always throw that crap away. I called their support line and they told me that MANY people do not have the sheet and in lieu of that they had me just send the liner sheet from one of the movies in the box set, but now I don't remember exactly which one. So call them. It was pretty painless.

post #286 of 1094 Old 04-28-2009, 01:42 PM
Advanced Member

WooHoo!! I got my order in the other day when Planet Earth was still offered, and both the HP set and the Matrix set were still only $14.95 each.
LL

post #287 of 1094 Old 04-28-2009, 01:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny15 View Post

Not that it really matters, but I wonder which version of Polar Express I'm going to get. The old one or the new 3-D version with the better sound! I hope the new one.

Has anyone here asked about Polar Express when talking to WB customer service??

crap i already placed my order and didn't think to ask about this... i would have paid another $5 for that upgrade but it's too late now
post #288 of 1094 Old 04-28-2009, 02:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 21
I think when you select the HDDVD, it changes to the Blu-Ray artwork.
You probably can tell that way.

My question before I bite the bullet...

Is Superman Returns the DolbyHD version?
post #289 of 1094 Old 04-28-2009, 02:58 PM
AVS Special Member

i'd suggest calling or emailing warner and asking... since you'll be waiting a few weeks before anyone gets their discs
post #290 of 1094 Old 04-28-2009, 03:18 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugnax555 View Post

Okay. I heard back (sort of). She said she believes that the first release of Full Metal Jacket should work since it's the same title, but the question is being escalated for confirmation. If I hear anything else, I'll post back.

I hope they accept it. I've only got 5 titles to trade and I'd like to make the most of the shipping charge

Pain Gauge - my electro-industrial music project

post #291 of 1094 Old 04-28-2009, 05:36 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Damn it. I paused since I had another 15 HD DVD movies besides the 10 I would trade in with this offer and thought "what's the point." I decided to try and sell my HD DVD for a fraction of the Blu replacement cost and once I had an offer I found that Planet Earth was pulled from the replacement plan. This is the ONE HD DVD my 4 yo watches so it's now a no go.

P.S. Regarding comments that Warner is being nice in offering this my take is in the middle. Warner does not have to do this but by the same token this isn't out of the goodness of their heart. Companies do NOT offer deals like this to be nice unless it benefits them monetarily or via market (and hopefully both). If you think is WB is being "nice" you're naive. So they don't owe it to me and if they want to pull PE so be it.
post #292 of 1094 Old 04-28-2009, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Schiller View Post

I think when you select the HDDVD, it changes to the Blu-Ray artwork.
You probably can tell that way.

My question before I bite the bullet...

Is Superman Returns the DolbyHD version?

I just put my order in today and on the confirmation page it says "Superman Returns (BD) (TrueHD Audio)."
post #293 of 1094 Old 04-28-2009, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alhull View Post

I didn't keep the rubber-cement-glued-on outer page either - I always throw that crap away. I called their support line and they told me that MANY people do not have the sheet and in lieu of that they had me just send the liner sheet from one of the movies in the box set, but now I don't remember exactly which one. So call them. It was pretty painless.

The directions at red2blu.com is to ship them your cover art for Matrix Revolutions.
post #294 of 1094 Old 04-28-2009, 11:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Did anyone's confirmation email mention a 2 for 1 coupon if you subscribed to their mail list? I clicked and got nothing since I was already subscribed so then I used my work email but only got a 15% off coupon code.

Phil Tomaskovic
post #295 of 1094 Old 04-29-2009, 04:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jevans64 View Post

I sent mine off several days ago. I am swapping 24 titles. I sent in the cover for the 300 I got with my HD-DVD player and paid the $5 without even thinking about a UPC code. I guess I am out $5 and a cover.

Does anyone know this for sure?

It is not like the UPC code was cut out of the cover. It was simply never there.
post #296 of 1094 Old 04-29-2009, 06:43 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Tomaskovic View Post

Did anyone's confirmation email mention a 2 for 1 coupon if you subscribed to their mail list? I clicked and got nothing since I was already subscribed so then I used my work email but only got a 15% off coupon code.

Same exact thing happened to me, and I'm a new subscriber. No 2 for 1, only a chincy coupon.

Big Trouble in Little China - greatest film ever made

Gamertag: Team Banzai
post #297 of 1094 Old 04-29-2009, 06:46 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltA View Post

It is not like the UPC code was cut out of the cover. It was simply never there.

I don't know for sure but a UPC code is the only way a vendor can prove you purchased a "for sale" item. The 300 that came with the player was a bonus and not an item up for sale so I don't think WB will have to, or be liable for, sending you the BR version. It would be nice if they did though, we'll just have to wait and see. I noticed with my order that they haven't yet charged my card. I was expecting them to do it up front but maybe they are waiting to see what I sent it to see if anything is off. Also, mine was received by WB as per the USPS but like the others here I haven't received any confirm emails from WB yet. I assume they'll send that once they begin processing. Odds are they are swamped with so many orders coming in early.

Big Trouble in Little China - greatest film ever made

Gamertag: Team Banzai
post #298 of 1094 Old 04-29-2009, 07:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regulus View Post

I just put my order in today and on the confirmation page it says "Superman Returns (BD) (TrueHD Audio)."

That is great news. I will try that.

Also, I happen to have the Ultimate Matrix paper backing, will they accept it or do I need to send the Revolutions cover?

I'd rather send the paper backing.
post #299 of 1094 Old 04-29-2009, 08:19 AM
AVS Special Member

they will still accept the sheet from the back of the box

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltA View Post

the official word is they are not exchanging the non-combo 300
post #300 of 1094 Old 04-29-2009, 08:29 AM
AVS Special Member

I don't expect them to charge the card until they process and verify the order, in case they need to make any adjustments.

PETER JACKSON: The theatrical versions are the definitive versions.
Reply Blu-ray Software

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page