Forum Jump: 

post #511 of 521 Old 02-20-2013, 12:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilditup1 View Post

Is this version, released in Dec 2012, the same as the Mondo version being discussed above?
http://www.amazon.it/Il-Buono-Brutto-Cattivo/dp/B00ABXSTI6/ref=sr_1_1?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1361051964&sr=1-1
Is there a better place to acquire it from? Looking fwd to applying the script and seeing this movie in best possible audio and video quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchu18 View Post

you're saying mondo put out two BD versions?

I was alerted to this BD reissue (EAN 5050582921335 vs. EAN 8032442218752 for 2009 release) over a week ago and have been searching for days but can't find any reliable info on whether or not it includes "Inglese" audio. The specs provided on various (but not all) sites list English audio in addition to Italian audio. Prior to the 2009 release of the BD, the specs listed English audio – which obviously wasn’t the case – so this mistake has been made before:

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=108239

Although I would love for this to be true, I’m not very optimistic since the English soundtrack cannot simply be added to this reissue because of the extensive differences between the Italian and International cuts of the film.

As stated above, Rigby Reardon already sync’d the MGM SE 6-channel DTS audio with the Italian Mondo/Moviemax video and it was clearly a lot of work. He had to edit the audio extensively to sync with the video and on top of all that he had to deal with two totally different cuts of the beating scene.

I am currently working on a similar project syncing the original PCM mono audio (sourced from the MGM laserdiscs) with the vastly superior video of the Mondo/Moviemax BD. If this reissue already includes the correct (i.e. mono) English audio, I might not have to go through all the work.

I'm surprised this hasn't garnered more interest given this is such a popular film and the MGM SE BD is pure crap in my opinon. It would be the ultimate version of this film.

Can anyone confirm the inclusion of English audio in this reissue?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #512 of 521 Old 02-20-2013, 02:51 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurospec19 View Post

I was alerted to this BD reissue (EAN 5050582921335 vs. EAN 8032442218752 for 2009 release) over a week ago and have been searching for days but can't find any reliable info on whether or not it includes "Inglese" audio.
Here's the release info directly from Mondo/Moviemax:

http://www.homevideo.moviemax.it/bluray/scheda/63/%20il_buono_il_brutto_il_cattivo
Quote:
Can anyone confirm the inclusion of English audio in this reissue?
If you want to be absolutely sure, you can contact Mondo directly via email (you can find the address on their home page). When I did this in 2009 they replied within a week. But I'm 99% certain that this is just a re-release of the same disc.
post #513 of 521 Old 02-20-2013, 03:32 PM

Hi Rigby,

I sent Mondo/Moviemax two emails in the last 10 days and have not heard back. The specs provided on their website are for the 2009 BD release (EAN 8032442218752) not the 2012 reissue (EAN 5050582921335).

By the way, thanks for your all your effort in syncing the Mondo BD with MGM SE audio.
post #514 of 521 Old 02-20-2013, 06:43 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurospec19 View Post

I sent Mondo/Moviemax two emails in the last 10 days and have not heard back.
Hm, I'm not sure if it's the same people anymore since the Moviemax takeover ...
Quote:
By the way, thanks for your all your effort in syncing the Mondo BD with MGM SE audio.
Well, I did it mostly for myself. tongue.gif It is really not that difficult if you have access to a professional editing system. Your project sounds quite a bit more difficult, since you will not have a digital video stream along with the Laserdisc-sourced audio (I mostly used the video to quickly identify the points where the two versions diverged).
post #515 of 521 Old 03-01-2013, 06:40 AM

Here's the scoop from a bluray forums member on the Mondo/Moviemax BD "reissue"...
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieLarkin;7217001 
Got mine too. Mine has the new EAN on the back! Except, it doesn't, not really. The old one is still on the case, it's just now covered by the new one on the shrink wrap. Sure enough, the disc has not changed; Italian only. Did we ever really expect any different?

Ah well, I'm off to run up Rigby's script and then try and made a mono/5.1 hybrid of my own. Good luck chaps.
post #516 of 521 Old 04-16-2013, 12:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Can't remember whether there was discussion of the color timing on this or not, but I watched a 35mm print of the 2003 restored Extended cut last night in Vancouver. It varied a bit by the reel, but at the start the clouds were yellowish and skies cyan. Skin tones looked more ordinary than the Italian screencaps though. Sunbaked but not yellowed. "The End" didn't look white. The print started with a BBFC rating card, but I was too busy reading it to note the white balance there. It was pretty blurry; not sure if that's down to the print or the optics at the Pacific Cinematheque.

All of the opticals looked godawfully dirty. Wow.
post #517 of 521 Old 04-16-2013, 05:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 33
I just watched 'Once Upon a Time in the West' BD (Paramount) from the same director with the same cinematographer as on the more famous films and there was not the strange color grading choices as on the MGM owned trilogy. Maybe somebody could prove me wrong, they were sun-baked but I suspect that was intended.
post #518 of 521 Old 07-07-2013, 03:57 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Rigby Reardon
This is a great thread and the results are super! I ordered the Blu-ray 3 pack from Italy. Have you considered doing the audio sync for "For a few dollars more"??

From what I've been reading the latest German Blu-ray disc is fully uncut (with english audio) but uses the MGM video for most of the movie. It would be nice to take that German disc english audio and sync it to the Mondo version. Since I have the Mondo Italian version, I know it is not as sharp as the MGM version but I re-encode with avisynth anyway and just sharpen it to my liking.

German blu-ray disc - http://www.amazon.de/F%C3%BCr-paar-Dollar-mehr-Ungeschnittene/dp/B00A990CSC/ref=sr_1_1?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1373237917&sr=1-1&keywords=F%C3%BCr+ein+paar+Dollar+mehr+-+Ungeschnittene+Fassung+[Blu-ray]
post #519 of 521 Old 11-01-2013, 11:57 PM

Well, after nearly 4 months I got enthusiastic about synching an English audio track to the Italian Mondo "For a few dollars more" and have just finished doing it. I took the german audio track and had to delay it mainly in all the cuts where it went out of sync. Anyone interested in it? I guess I just can't post it according to Rigby although it makes me wonder how come "fanedit.org" is still around. Anyway I did use Avisynth to do it and can probably post a script like Rigby did. I just finished muxing the new audio with the video and it's in sync just like it should be. Maybe I can just use the Blankclip command for the video, like Rigby. I will try it first.
Phantom Stranger likes this.
post #520 of 521 Old 11-02-2013, 02:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 145
Both ouatitw and gbu need the full 4K treatment with color correction and remixed uncompressed audio!!!

Klipsch Image Ones
Klipsch x11i
Rega P5/Groovetracer/Denon DL-103R
Parks Audio Budgie Phono Pre/SUT
Pioneer SC35
Bel Canto REF 500M
Klipsch Cornwall/Crites/Aletheia Audio
Klisch RC64II
Klipsch SW-115
OPPO BDP-93
Samsung PN64D8000
post #521 of 521 Old 11-02-2013, 03:36 PM

I have finished my synching and testing and it's working good. I think I will post a new thread for the avisynth script.
Reply Blu-ray Software

Tags
The Good The Bad And The Ugly Blu Ray Widescreen

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page