AVS Forum banner

Star Trek (2009)

115K views 1K replies 280 participants last post by  Steeb 
#1 ·
#55 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviation /forum/post/16876687

It looks just like the other collection, only the box is black instead of white: http://www.thedigitalbits.com/#nxnwart

Pretty sure that poster was asking about the new movie, not the TNG films.

I don't think they have released the art yet. I'm hoping it will be the poster with only the Enterprise, but I suspect we'll get floating heads.

#57 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiznit /forum/post/16876754

Source? Doesn't look right, although it's close to what I was hoping for.

#59 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by BZiggyZ /forum/post/16876845

That's the cover art on Amazon UK.

Possibly a place holder then. Amazon usually has flat 2D cover art when officially available unless it's a box set.

#60 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardaway /forum/post/16876746

Pretty sure that poster was asking about the new movie, not the TNG films.

I don't think they have released the art yet. I'm hoping it will be the poster with only the Enterprise, but I suspect we'll get floating heads.

Gah. Wrong thread. Had this one and the TNG movies thread open at the same time.

#62 ·
You know what annoys me, Paramount calling this a Ultimate 3-disc digital copy edition. Paramount is not the only studio that does this and I just hate the misdirection that it implies. It just makes it sound like we are getting 2 special feature disc plus a digital copy when they count the dc as a special feature. I just wish studios would state it more like "2-disc special edition + digital copy." That would just sound better too me. Most of the time I just throw those dc disc away so it will no longer be a 3-disc set for me.

/rant

Anyway, trekmovie.com has a preview of the BD from SDCC? It is actually a link to a website where you can preview the BD and DVD: startrekmovie.com/comiccon .

#65 ·
It's simply ridiculous just how excited I am to get this movie on BD. There will be a HUGE movie party at my house that night, with my dad being the super duper uber Star Trek fan, who doesn't have access to the home theater that I have. I'm very excited to watch him enjoy this movie, which I have no doubt whatsoever that he will.

#72 ·
Well, since I'm "old school" Trek, since I grew up watching reruns of TOS and TAS as a kid, and watching SOME first run of TNG, DS9, VOY, and ENT from time to time, I'd have to say that Abrams' movie is actually okay in comparison. Seems to tell the movie more of an action/adventure more than a sci-fi movie, which would have Roddenberry rolling in his grave, but the logic is somewhat there, as far as the making of the TOS crew.

#74 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8IronBob /forum/post/16936660

Well, since I'm "old school" Trek, since I grew up watching reruns of TOS and TAS as a kid, and watching SOME first run of TNG, DS9, VOY, and ENT from time to time, I'd have to say that Abrams' movie is actually okay in comparison. Seems to tell the movie more of an action/adventure more than a sci-fi movie, which would have Roddenberry rolling in his grave, but the logic is somewhat there, as far as the making of the TOS crew.

It's a reboot not just a remake.

The character name are the same, the setting is similar but the story will diverge form what as been made before.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.