Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1362 Old 08-20-2009, 06:18 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
All I gotta say Is DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio!!!!!!!!!!

Paramount Home Entertainment has announced that Michael Bay's Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen is hitting Blu-ray and DVD on October 20. The full specs and Blu-ray cover can be found below:

With more action and more thrills, TRANSFORMERS: Revenge of the Fallen captivated audiences to earn over $820 million at the box office and become the #1 movie of the year in North America and throughout the world. The latest spectacular adventure in the wildly popular TRANSFORMERS franchise will make its highly-anticipated DVD and Blu-ray debut on October 20, 2009 in immersive, two-disc Special Editions, as well as on a single disc DVD, from DreamWorks Pictures and Paramount Pictures in association with Hasbro; distributed by Paramount Home Entertainment. The eagerly-awaited home entertainment premiere will be accompanied by one of the division's biggest marketing campaigns ever, generating awareness and excitement of galactic proportions.

From director Michael Bay and executive producer Steven Spielberg, in association with Hasbro, TRANSFORMERS: Revenge of the Fallen delivers non-stop action and fun in an all-new adventure that the whole family can enjoy. Featuring out-of-this-world heroes in the form of the mighty AUTOBOTS and a malevolent and powerful villain known as THE FALLEN, the film boasts some of the most sensational--and complex--visual effects in film history set against the backdrop of spectacular locations around the world. In addition to audience favorites OPTIMUS PRIME and BUMBLEBEE, the film's human stars have returned to help save the world including Shia LaBeouf (Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull), Megan Fox (How to Lose Friends & Alienate People), Josh Duhamel ("Las Vegas"), Tyrese Gibson (Four Brothers) and John Turturro (The Good Shepherd).

The TRANSFORMERS: Revenge of the Fallen two-disc Blu-ray and DVD feature over three hours of in-depth, immersive special features that let viewers further explore the world of the legendary ROBOTS IN DISGUISE. Among the engrossing content is a multi-chapter documentary, including interviews with the cast and crew, that chronicles the entire making of the film from development and design to filming in locations around the globe, working with the U.S. military, creating the groundbreaking visual effects and putting it all together to produce the biggest film of the year. The discs also include an all-access featurette following renowned director Michael Bay through an entire day, a comprehensive exploration of the "confidential files" on a dozen of the TRANSFORMERS characters featured in the film, multi-angle breakdowns of some of the most sensational action sequences and much, much more.

The Blu-ray and two-disc DVD packages also will feature augmented reality technology that will allow owners to interact with a holographic image of OPTIMUS PRIME utilizing their webcams and a special website. Fans will be asked to piece together the Matrix of Leadership to bring OPTIMUS PRIME back to life, help repair his armor and calibrate his weapons by actually controlling his aim during target practice.

As an added bonus, the Blu-ray will include an exclusive interactive feature that gives viewers the ability to customize their own robot characters and get a glimpse at a rogue robot. Out of all the available permutations, one will unlock an exclusive interview with Michael Bay about his plans for the next adventure.

Two-Disc Special Edition DVD & Blu-ray:

The TRANSFORMERS: Revenge of the Fallen two-disc Special Edition DVD is presented in widescreen enhanced for 16:9 televisions with Dolby Digital English 5.1 Surround, French 5.1 Surround and Spanish 5.1 Surround with English, French and Spanish subtitles. The Blu-ray will be presented in 1080p high definition with English 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio, French 5.1 Dolby Digital and Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital with English, English SDH, French, Spanish and Brazilian Portuguese subtitles. The disc breakdown is as follows:

Disc 1:

* Commentary by Michael Bay, Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman

Disc 2:

* The Human Factor: Exacting Revenge of the Fallen--This multi-chapter documentary chronicles the entire creation of the film and includes interviews with the cast and crew:
o Seeds of Vengeance - Development and Design - After the overwhelming success of 2007's Transformers, how do the filmmakers top themselves for the sequel?
o Domestic Destruction - Production: United States - Michael Bay believes in going big: Big action and big explosions. Cast and crew are pushed to the limit as they traverse the U.S. from New Mexico to Pennsylvania.
o Joint Operations - Production: Military - No other filmmaker in the world enjoys the kind of military access and cooperation Michael Bay has. Here we see just how efficient our armed forces are and the awe and respect shown by the cast.
o Wonders of the World - Production: Middle East - You can't really reproduce Egypt anywhere but Egypt so off we go to Giza and Luxor.
o Start Making Sense - Editing - In order to turn over the massive amount of film as quickly as possible to VFX, four editors work tirelessly in a unique tag-team approach to shape the film.
o Under the Gun - Visual Effects - Revenge of the Fallen features the most complicated VFX in film history. So complicated in fact that the filmmakers were unsure they would make the deadline. The DEVASTATOR VFX alone required 83% of ILM's total render farm capacity.
o Running the Gauntlet - Post-Production and Release - Working seven days a week, Michael Bay and company usher the film through sound design, Digital Intermediate color-timing and a globe-trotting whirlwind of premieres.
* A Day with Bay: Tokyo--An intimate and fun all-access journey with Michael Bay as he travels to Tokyo, Japan for the world premiere of the biggest film of the year.
* 25 Years of TRANSFORMERS--Access an all-new featurette celebrating a monumental milestone for one of Hasbro's most successful and popular franchises.
* NEST: Transformer Data-Hub--Explore conceptual artwork created by the production for 12 of the most popular AUTOBOTS and DECEPTICONS from the film.
* Deconstructing Visual Bayhem with Commentary by Pre-Vis Supervisor Steve Yamamoto-- A series of multi-angle pre-visualization sequences allowing viewers to learn how some of the film's most spectacular scenes were created with an introduction by Michael Bay.
* Extended Scenes
* Music Video: Linkin Park's "New Divide"

BLU-RAY EXCLUSIVE:

* The ALLSPARK Experiment--Viewers get their chance to unleash the power of the recently recovered ALLSPARK shard on Earth vehicles. Begin by selecting and customizing a vehicle with a selection of parts and accessories. Then apply the ALLSPARK to this creation and watch what happens. Applying the ALLSPARK to certain custom combinations enables four new robot characters with special powers. If viewers discover all four, they unlock a fifth vehicle, which reveals a top secret message about the future of the TRANSFORMERS movie franchise.
* NEST: Transformer Data-Hub--A database of some of the TRANSFORMERS characters that appear in the new film, offering users access to each robot's confidential file including:
o Innovative 3D spin galleries of each robot
o A timeline for each TRANSFORMERS character charting its origins, back story and design evolution from toys to animated series to comics and finally feature films
* Giant Effing Movie - A very personal look at the making of the movie.
* The Matrix of Marketing--An archive of the film's promotional media including trailers, posters and television spots.

Video Games, 3D, and Home Theater Forever! ^_^

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 1362 Old 08-20-2009, 06:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 202
Nice, now I'm glad I didn't see it in the theater!
post #3 of 1362 Old 08-20-2009, 06:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
Paramount is switching to DTS-MA too? I'm a happy camper.

I can't wait to here that commentary, I liked the movie but Bay made more dumb@$$ decisions than usual. Balls? Really?

The Fallen has some sort of device at the end that made some really cool sounds that I've been wanting to hear again.

Oct 20th is kind of fast isn't it? Not that I'm complaining.

Ridiculous codec tier sig gone. Still AVC/24bit lossless fanboy.

Studio quality tier
Most Major studios>Small Studios>dogs>cats>Warner(the guys that do new movies)
post #4 of 1362 Old 08-20-2009, 07:21 AM
Toe
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 410
Day 1 blind buy for me due to what I hope will be a fun thrill ride type movie with reference audio (if it is similar to the first). The last ~30 min of the first is probably my favorite audio piece in my HT right now overall.

JVC 3D: Been there, done that, bought a DLP
post #5 of 1362 Old 08-20-2009, 07:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by c.kingsley View Post

Nice, now I'm glad I didn't see it in the theater!

I'm glad I did: IMAX!

btw: Michael Bay said the IMAX shots were going to be included in the Blu-ray, just like The Dark Knight. I don't see any mention of it in the specs. fingers crossed...

Great news.
post #6 of 1362 Old 08-20-2009, 07:49 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Yep, I have a dedicated Demo scene folder with just Transformers, and no dought I'll have one for this movie too! I'm excited for all the behind the scenes ILM effects stuff. Should be very Interesting! I hope the extended scenes are filled with complete audio and effects too!

post #7 of 1362 Old 08-20-2009, 07:54 AM
AVS Special Member

the movie sucked the 1st time and was better the second... i will get this for the battle scene at the end... should be great in DTS-HD

2011 SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS- New York Giants!!!

Gamertag: GENERAL CUPKAKE
post #8 of 1362 Old 08-20-2009, 08:00 AM
Advanced Member

Nice list of special features. I'll probably wait for Black Friday and see if it's a $10 door buster like the last one. I didn't care for the movie on the whole, but there are 3 or 4 demo-material scenes worth having.
post #9 of 1362 Old 08-20-2009, 08:11 AM
Advanced Member

too bad the content of the movie sucks though
post #10 of 1362 Old 08-20-2009, 08:20 AM
AVS Special Member

^

your welcome... of course i said it was better the second..

2011 SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS- New York Giants!!!

Gamertag: GENERAL CUPKAKE
post #11 of 1362 Old 08-20-2009, 08:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Horrible movie. horrible, horrible movie.

day 1 purchase tho. PQ and AQ will probably be referance marterial

Xbox360 / PS3 / Failed HDM Supporter
I have no idea what you are referring to
Gamertag: antwon412
(A/V)Ignorance is Bliss -------- sweet, cheap bliss
post #12 of 1362 Old 08-20-2009, 09:12 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I wonder why this is being released before Star Trek. Oh well.
post #13 of 1362 Old 08-20-2009, 09:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
You know a movie is really bad when it forces you to question what you liked about the first one. For me, Transformers 2 is just that bad. I saw it in the theater and couldn't believe what a mess it was. I'm sure this will be a great "demo disc." Since I already have plenty of those that are also good movies (go figure!), I think I'll pass on this one.

Tim Vickroy

"Besides, there's no reason we can't be civil, is there?"
post #14 of 1362 Old 08-20-2009, 09:51 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I'm most excited for what "the largest explosion on film with actor's In It" sounds like on my system!!

post #15 of 1362 Old 08-20-2009, 10:02 AM
Advanced Member

Mmm, the Hidef digest site reads DTHD...
post #16 of 1362 Old 08-20-2009, 10:10 AM
Advanced Member

I'm one who usually buys disks for AV quality or demo purposes, but this movie was so wretched that its not even worth the trouble. Just a truly horrible stupid movie.
post #17 of 1362 Old 08-20-2009, 10:19 AM
Advanced Member

[QUOTEI'm one who usually buys disks for AV quality or demo purposes, but this movie was so wretched that its not even worth the trouble. Just a truly horrible stupid movie][/quote]

I agree, so I'm waiting til 10/21/09 to pick it up...
post #18 of 1362 Old 08-20-2009, 10:43 AM
AVS Special Member

As someone else said, no mention of the scenes filmed in IMAX being that way on the disc. Hopefully they will be though; day one buy for me regardless!

PSN: DaveS78
post #19 of 1362 Old 08-20-2009, 10:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 54
I really really don't want to watch this garbage movie, but I imagine you'll see IMAX on blu-ray done right for once, and curiosity is gonna get the best of me

I've read some interview with Bay where he said the IMAX scenes will be switching aspect ratios like The Dark Knight... cue the bitching.
post #20 of 1362 Old 08-20-2009, 10:52 AM
AVS Special Member

I really hope the Blu-ray gets the IMAX print. The IMAX sequences looked phenomenal.

Back off man, I'm a scientist.
post #21 of 1362 Old 08-20-2009, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post

Day 1 blind buy for me due to what I hope will be a fun thrill ride type movie with reference audio (if it is similar to the first). The last ~30 min of the first is probably my favorite audio piece in my HT right now overall.

Maybe you should read the reviews first. Even reviewers who liked the first movie hated the second one.
post #22 of 1362 Old 08-20-2009, 11:06 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Please let's not turn this into a review thread...if you want to comment on the film's content, please visit the existing thread in DVD, Movie etc discussion forum

This thread's purpose is to discuss the features/specs (at this point) and upon release the PQ/AQ.

"Retired" AVS Moderator
post #23 of 1362 Old 08-20-2009, 11:39 AM

Loved this movie, can't wait for the Blu Ray.

Hopefully, they will open up the matte lines for the IMAX scenes.

hd-dvd vs blu-ray: whoever wins... we lose.
post #24 of 1362 Old 08-20-2009, 11:43 AM
Advanced Member

It's quite an early date for release on DVD and Blu-Ray! But it's good to release it nonetheless. I wish Star Trek would be released earlier.
post #25 of 1362 Old 08-20-2009, 12:15 PM

I'd like to see the studios start to employ seamless branching with IMAX releases. I only have a Panny AX100 and find that using DIY screen masking massively increases the contrast and enjoyment of 2:39 movies. I'd happily sacrifice the IMAX scenes to gain perceived PQ in the rest of the movie. Obviously if I had a pj with really impressive blacks (eg a JVC) then I'd probably leave the masking off and watch the IMAX version.
post #26 of 1362 Old 08-20-2009, 12:23 PM
Advanced Member

Amazon finally posted the Blu-ray case / cover artwork ...

post #27 of 1362 Old 08-20-2009, 01:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkcohen View Post

I really hope the Blu-ray gets the IMAX print. The IMAX sequences looked phenomenal.

Let's hope it doesn't get the IMAX print in the same way TDK did.
post #28 of 1362 Old 08-20-2009, 01:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 214
This is a fast release. It premiered 6/24 and is out on BD 10/20. I like that. 10/20 purchase for me.

My Dedicated Home Theater Room
post #29 of 1362 Old 08-20-2009, 02:25 PM
Advanced Member

I wish the real Animated Movie gets released here in the US on Blu

HTPC/Gaming Rig:
Silverstone CW02B, I7 3930K, 16GB, ASUS Rampage IV Formula
EVGA Signature Titan> 70 inch ELITE PRO-70X5FD
Auzen HDMI XFi> 7.2 via Marantz AV8801>Wyred4Sound, & Emotiva Amps>Paradigm 100'sV5, ADP590'sV5, 690v5, 20v5's, + Dual HSU-ULS15 Subs

Controlling: Two CX7000ES's via MyMovies
post #30 of 1362 Old 08-20-2009, 03:00 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick99 View Post

Let's hope it doesn't get the IMAX print in the same way TDK did.

It is, sorry.
Reply Blu-ray Software

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page