Import Blu ray must haves? (for U.S. residents with region free players, etc.) - Page 5 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #121 of 121 Old 12-22-2013, 10:18 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Some imports I bought or am considering. I don't like region locked editions, it means you need a region free player forever. I like things to be inexpensive and that's not an inexpensive path to take.

Sense and Sensibility - UK (not available in the US) Region free.
Remains of the Day - UK (not available in the US) Region free.
As Good As It Gets - Europe (limited edition Twilight Time in US) Actually significantly cheaper to import, same transfer as US. International region free release with tons of language and subtitle tracks. I purchased from Amazon.it
Singing in the Rain digibook - Italy (book/text on cover in english, region free, inexpensive) Outer wrap in Italian, rest is english. Worthy package for this classic, no idea why Warner didn't release this in the US this way. May be OOP now.
Casablanca 4K digipack - Italy (region free, 2-disc set). 4K remaster, includes the second blu-ray from the big new box set. Nice book also in english. Super reasonable. May be OOP now.
Le Diner De Cons - France (remade as Dinner for Schmucks) Not available in US. English friendly, region free.
Cousin Cousine - France (remade by Hollywood) Not available in US. English friendly, region free.
Crimson Rivers - France (Not available in the US). English friendly, region free.
MR73/36/Les Lyonnaise (triple-pack) - France (3-pack of thrillers) Not available in US. English friendly, region free. Inexpensive.
Sleepless in Seattle - Europe (limtied edition Twilight Time in US) Actually cheaper to import. Region free. No commentary, different extras. International release with tons of language/subtitle options.
Philadelphia - UK/Europe (limited edition Twilight Time in US). Actually cheaper to import. Region free. International release with tons of language/subtitle options.
Agatha Christie Movie Collection (Death on the Nile/Evil under the Sun/Mirror Cracked/Murder on the Orient Express) - Spain/Italy/Germany (not available in the US). Ustinov, Lansbury, Finney feature films, not the BBC TV productions. Studio Canal Euro releases, region free. Most of these look good.
Doris Day Collection - Germany (not available in the US) - Inexpensive, region free, english friendly release of three Doris Day romcoms from the 60s.
Beverly Hills Cop 2 - UK (not available in the US) Region Free.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Software