post #1051 of 1061 Old 12-19-2010, 05:32 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by khronikos View Post

I blame this crap on focus tests and walmart. Something happened and releases have been doing this ever since. Predator might have been one of those catalysts IDK but this is just not acceptable in my eyes.

You know, the funny (and sad!) thing is that the grain wasn't the problem with the original Predator release. It was the low bit-rate MPEG2 encode of an out-dated scan. Had they just released the film, grain and all, on a 50GB disc with a AVC or VC1 encode- even with the outdated transfer- I don't think J6P would've whined so much. I think the "grainy" description was J6P trying to explain something he didn't understand and the studio, unfortunately, took it to heart.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1052 of 1061 Old 01-02-2011, 12:11 AM

I think I originally posted this in the wrong area of the forum, so here goes again:

Has anyone had trouble with the U-Control features on the BTTF blu-rays playing automatically? We have turned off all three features in the U-Control menu, but the picture-in-picture "Setups and Payoffs" play anywaythroughout the entire film! It is incredibly irritating not to be able to just watch the movie.

Could this just be three defective discs? The firmware on our Samsung BDP2500 is up to date and the PIPs pop up in the same places, so I'm thinking it's not our player.

Any suggestions for disabling U-Control would be greatly appreciated!
post #1053 of 1061 Old 01-09-2011, 04:55 AM

Liked: 50
Is there a feature on the boxset to allow the deleted scenes to be put back into the film?
post #1054 of 1061 Old 01-09-2011, 07:26 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
No.
post #1055 of 1061 Old 01-14-2011, 07:58 AM

My major complaint: The UK edition of the boxset has a poster with McFly behind the wheel of the DeLorean. The reflection in his glasses is not reversed! How could they miss this kind of detail!

Not as lean
Not as mean
Still a Marine.
post #1056 of 1061 Old 06-26-2013, 07:04 PM
ADU
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 126

Sorry to dredge up another old thread, but I finally picked up the BTTF Trilogy on sale at Target this week. And I tend to agree with those who say that the PQ is sort of mediocre on this set.

I watched the first film and skimmed through the others, and there's a lot of nice cinematography and art direction in these films. The somewhat lackluster character of these HD transfers doesn't really do it justice though.

Detail is generally not well-defined in the images. And the first film also has noticeable (and sometimes eye-fatiguing) EE, esp. in the daylight scenes. Color and contrast aren't terribly impressive on these either. The first film is reasonably ok, but highlights often appear somewhat blown-out. And things get murkier and more poorly-defined on the 2nd and 3rd films.

The movies are still fun to watch. But given the visually-oriented nature of these films, it would just be a more enjoyable and satisfying viewing experience imo if the transfers were a bit better.

ADU
post #1057 of 1061 Old 06-26-2013, 07:09 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 390
The transfers are indeed mediocre, but at least I only paid $15 for the set at Target a couple of summers ago. I always really enjoyed the first movie and liked the second movie, so it was worth the price alone. I would love to see a true remaster of these, but with Universal I don't ever expect.

post #1058 of 1061 Old 06-27-2013, 10:07 PM
ADU
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 126

I echo your sentiments Dave... and probably wouldn't even have considered picking this up unless it was pretty steeply discounted. (Just too many inferior and subpar transfers out there now to throw good money down the drain.)

If Universal ever gets around to doing a decent 4k or 8k remaster that does a better job of capturing some of the nice cinematography and production design on these, then maybe I'll consider another dip.

If I'd been managing their assets though, I would never have let a product that looked like this out the door in the first place.

ADU
post #1059 of 1061 Old 04-17-2014, 09:32 AM

Could someone please post a Blu-Ray screencap of the "To Be Concluded" tag from the end of the second film? I don't have a Blu-Ray drive in my computer. Thanks! smile.gif

God, guns, and guts made America; let's keep all three.
post #1060 of 1061 Old 04-17-2014, 02:11 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moviefan2k4 View Post

Could someone please post a Blu-Ray screencap of the "To Be Concluded" tag from the end of the second film? I don't have a Blu-Ray drive in my computer. Thanks! smile.gif

You can find just about anything off of Google images...

http://www.brainlazy.com/wp-content/uploads/BackToTheFuture104-2011-04-30-19-34-32-70.jpg
post #1061 of 1061 Old 04-18-2014, 12:50 AM

That's a custom image; I was looking to trace the official one in Photoshop.

God, guns, and guts made America; let's keep all three.
Reply Blu-ray Software

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page