Pulp Fiction - AVS Forum
1 2  3  ... Last
Blu-ray Software > Pulp Fiction
JLennerth's Avatar JLennerth 11:46 AM 02-15-2011
It will be released by Lionsgate 10/4/11

Top 11 things I learned from Pulp Fiction:

1. What kind of storage is not accepted at Jimmy's house/What business Jimmy isn't in
2.What Marcellus Wallace does & doesn't look like
3.Every pawn shop has a gimp tied up in the basement
4.That coke and heroin don't mix well together
5.Coffee diners are the best place to rob
6.What kind of guest Lance and Jody don't appreciate you bringing to their household
7. That when you go to kill someone you should bring shotguns
8.You don't have to stab an overdosing person in the heart 3 times w/an adrenaline needle ....once will suffice
9.That people in Europe don't know what the f**k a quarter-pounder is
10.Where to hide a watch while in prison and to beware of dysentery while hiding said watch
11. Where to take a car when you need to disposed of it.

Gekkou's Avatar Gekkou 11:55 AM 02-15-2011
Wow, finally. I was almost getting to the point that I ordered an imported version and got the DVD for the extras. Now I don't have to.

Source?
Patsfan123's Avatar Patsfan123 11:57 AM 02-15-2011
Quote:

While commenting on the distribution agreement just announced between Miramax, Lionsgate and Studiocanal, Miramax CEO Mike Lang revealed that upcoming titles include all three films in the Scream franchise, tying in with the theatrical release of Scream 4 (due out April 15). Pulp Fiction, in turn, will come out in June.

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=5874
Gekkou's Avatar Gekkou 12:02 PM 02-15-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan123 View Post

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=5874

Awesome, thanks!
JLennerth's Avatar JLennerth 12:07 PM 02-15-2011
IMO Pulp Fiction is the best movie ever made and I never watch the Oscars,because it got screwed fr best picture. Completely original one of a kind. Best dialogue/conversations in any movie.
dvdmike007's Avatar dvdmike007 12:40 PM 02-15-2011
Hmmm, we shall see.
Screenshots needed!
oink's Avatar oink 12:52 PM 02-15-2011
I have been waiting so loooooong....
Until I am holding it in my hand, I won't be confident of this happening.
DragonLoaf's Avatar DragonLoaf 01:57 PM 02-15-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLennerth View Post

It will be released by Lionsgate

Top 11 things I learned from Pulp Fiction:

1. What kind of storage is not accepted at Jimmy's house/What business Jimmy isn't in
2.What Marcellus Wallace does & doesn't look like
3.Every pawn shop has a gimp tied up in the basement
4.That coke and heroin don't mix well together
5.Coffee diners are the best place to rob
6.What kind of guest Lance and Jody don't appreciate you bringing to their house
7. That when you go for a hit you should bring shotguns
8.You don't have to stab an overdosing person in the heart 3 times w/an adrenaline needle ....once will suffice
9.That Europe doesn't know what a quarter-pounder is
10.Where to hide a watch while in prison
11. Where to take a car when you need it disposed of.

1. The best way to reconcile with the crime lord who issued a hit on you is to save him from a couple of racist, raping bastards.
JLennerth's Avatar JLennerth 02:13 PM 02-15-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonLoaf View Post

1. The best way to reconcile with the crime lord who issued a hit on you is to save him from a couple of racist, raping bastards.

nice!

Best way to deal w/said rapists is a couple of "brothers" wielding pipes and blowtorches

Pulp Fiction is easily the best movie ever made! I was ruined to the Oscars by Pulp getting screwed for best pic. A movie like Pulp comes once in a lifetime. It is so complicated it needs to be watched multiple times to truly appreciate the skill that it took to craft. This film opened my eyes to what movies hope to be.
11/10 stars or 6/5 stars. No film beats it. Screw Forest Gump and the short-sighted,can't spot a diamond movie judges on The Academy.
I haven't seen a movie come close to the perfection that Pulp Fiction is. Completely unique film
oink's Avatar oink 03:12 PM 02-15-2011
Considering the Hollywood environment of the time, PF was one of the most audacious films ever released.
And it still retains its power after all these years.
JLennerth's Avatar JLennerth 03:22 PM 02-15-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

Considering the Hollywood environment of the time, PF was one of the most audacious films ever released.
And it still retains its power after all these years.

True that. I try to break it out every year at least once for an annual viewing. It's pretty funny seeing Vincent hold that brick in his hand that's supposed to be a cell phone when he's taking Mia to Lance's house when she is o'ding. Are you talking on a cellular phone? Idk who this is, I'm hanging up. PRANK caller, PRANK caller! Funny!!!!!
DavidHir's Avatar DavidHir 04:21 PM 02-15-2011
There's no official announcement yet, correct?

I'm a bit concerned about how this one will look in terms of DNR and EE.
Tom_ca's Avatar Tom_ca 04:27 PM 02-15-2011
The existing master is not good enough.
This movie needs a new (4k) scan from the OCN and digital color timing.
Gekkou's Avatar Gekkou 04:28 PM 02-15-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidHir View Post

There's no official announcement yet, correct?

I'm a bit concerned about how this one will look in terms of DNR and EE.

Yeah, Lionsgate doesn't exactly have the best track record (Miramax doesn't either, for that matter). However, I thought they did a damn fine job with Apocalypse Now, though many others disagree.
dvdmike007's Avatar dvdmike007 04:36 PM 02-15-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom_ca View Post

The existing master is not good enough.
This movie needs a new (4k) scan from the OCN and digital color timing.

Just what Lionsgate did for Reservoir Dogs!
Htdude14's Avatar Htdude14 06:25 PM 02-15-2011
Quote:

nice!

Best way to deal w/said rapists is a couple of "brothers" wielding pipes and blowtorches

Pulp Fiction is easily the best movie ever made! I was ruined to the Oscars by Pulp getting screwed for best pic. A movie like Pulp comes once in a lifetime. It is so complicated it needs to be watched multiple times to truly appreciate the skill that it took to craft. This film opened my eyes to what movies hope to be.
11/10 stars or 6/5 stars. No film beats it. Screw Forest Gump and the short-sighted,can't spot a diamond movie judges on The Academy.
I haven't seen a movie come close to the perfection that Pulp Fiction is. Completely unique film

Agreed on most of your points! Gump will be long forgotten while kids not yet born will marvel at Tarantino finest. I look forward to adding this to my collection. About time...
JLennerth's Avatar JLennerth 06:36 PM 02-15-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdmike007 View Post

Just what Lionsgate did for Reservoir Dogs!

I know Reservoir Dogs was a low budget(independent) movie,but is there any to clean it up more/put it on a dual layer BD instead of a BD-25? Or is this current effort the best Dogs is going to look since it was a budget movie?
JLennerth's Avatar JLennerth 06:39 PM 02-15-2011
Why isn't Disney doing this project since Mirmax is/was a part of Disney?
42041's Avatar 42041 06:59 PM 02-15-2011
Quote:

I know Reservoir Dogs was a low budget(independent) movie,but is there any to clean it up more/put it on a dual layer BD instead of a BD-25? Or is this current effort the best Dogs is going to look since it was a budget movie?

I saw a 35mm print of RD and it looked much better than the current blu-ray. In particular, I think the brightness was cranked for the video transfer, to the detriment of the dark, shadowy look of the film.

Since Dogs was a Super35 production, a theoretical new transfer could look much better than the release print, too.

For what it's worth, both Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction were shot on Kodak's slowest, and thus presumably the finest grained/sharpest film stock at the time. (Which was, incidentally, used as recently as the day exteriors for the Pirates of the Carribean movies, so don't give me any of that "crappy film stock" nonsense)
SpongeBad's Avatar SpongeBad 09:42 PM 02-15-2011
Quote:

Why isn't Disney doing this project since Mirmax is/was a part of Disney?

Disney sold Miramax to a holding company. The film library is the big asset that company was after, so now the films are going to be licensed out to milk the profits. Good news for fans of the existing films, maybe not such great news for anyone who has/had a project or deal at Miramax.
paku's Avatar paku 03:57 AM 02-16-2011
After years and years of waiting, it will be a travesty if they don't do a new transfer.
JLennerth's Avatar JLennerth 07:27 AM 02-16-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by paku View Post

After years and years of waiting, it will be a travesty if they don't do a new transfer.

I want Pulp to be pristine baby so they had better do it justice and not just some speedy second hand effort at a transfer. I want it looking/sounding better than any of the imports.
Goatse's Avatar Goatse 07:41 AM 02-16-2011
i mean how good can this movie look?? it was a 8million dollar movie
Morpheo's Avatar Morpheo 07:53 AM 02-16-2011
Quote:

Pulp Fiction is easily the best movie ever made!

Well it's certainly one of the best films in recent history, but hardly "the" best film ever made. There are far too many different genres to just pick one movie as the best imo. Pulp Fiction is among the best yes.

Best one of not I hope Lionsgate doesn't screw this one up!
sirthx's Avatar sirthx 09:40 AM 02-16-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatse View Post
This is a beautiful flick. One of the best broadcast HD transfers I've seen. Colors leap of the screen and blacks are off the charts black. A real depth to it too. The scenes in Jack Rabbit Slims are demo worthy. I recorded it from a Showtime broadcast about 4 years ago and kept it on my hard drive for a long time.
If they had elements that good to work with I'm sure we'll be pleased. On the flip-side to play Devil's advocate, perhaps the elements are so 'good' that they don't feel the need to make them just a little better. Kinda like your favorite baseball team being out of the playoffs. You want them to lose a ton of games down the stretch so they make changes. Then they win just enough so that everyone keeps their jobs and they don't make any significant off-season deals.
42041's Avatar 42041 09:54 AM 02-16-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatse View Post

obviousy it's constrained by the visual subject matter, but it's shot on the same sorts of cameras and film as any other movie...
djnsmith7's Avatar djnsmith7 02:32 PM 02-18-2011
Absolute must have, hands down, no question...can't wait...
gwsat's Avatar gwsat 03:37 PM 02-18-2011
Despite my policy of buying very few BDs, I will want to buy Pulp Fiction.

After somebody in an earlier post reminded me that Pulp Fiction had lost out on both the Best Picture and Best Director Oscars I took a look at that year's nominees and they were strong.

The winner that year was Forrest Gump, which I happen to love, so have never had any trouble with its having won the Best Picture and Best Director Oscars. Incredibly, The Shawshank Redemption, a film which in my estimation as at least as good as either Pulp Fiction or Forrest Gump, wasn't even nominated in the Best Director category. Odd things just happen at the Oscars in years where the competitors are unusually strong or weak. By the way, Shawshank is one of the few BDs in my library but Forrest Gump is not. Make of that what you will.
BenUK's Avatar BenUK 04:14 PM 02-18-2011
Every home version of Pulp Fiction the i've seen has had a kind of digital look to it. Colour tones also appear to be quite muted and "cold".
buddywhite's Avatar buddywhite 04:17 PM 02-18-2011
Z pulled off Gump great, but I think Quentin should have grabbed both director and best picture, at least best pic for sure.
1 2  3  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop