Scream Trilogy - Page 4 - AVS Forum

AVS Forum > Blu-ray & HD DVD > Blu-ray Software > Scream Trilogy

Blu-ray Software

sixfootse7en's Avatar sixfootse7en
09:58 AM Liked: 10
post #91 of 98
05-27-2012 | Posts: 313
Joined: Jun 2005
Anyone get the Japanese releases from WB? Are they any better than the US releases?
Fanboyz's Avatar Fanboyz
03:49 PM Liked: 19
post #92 of 98
05-27-2012 | Posts: 2,431
Joined: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alkaline View Post


Doesn't surprise me. Although I think I remember reading the other two releases of the DC (Japanese and Korean) were both anamorphic. I wonder if they all came from the LD source and those were "fake" anamorphic conversions (ala Anchor Bay's re-releases of Tenebre/Phenomena) or if there was a superior source.

What's a fake 16x9 conversion? Zooming a letterboxed SD source?
dvdmike007's Avatar dvdmike007
05:28 PM Liked: 50
post #93 of 98
05-27-2012 | Posts: 8,687
Joined: Oct 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanboyz View Post

What's a fake 16x9 conversion? Zooming a letterboxed SD source?

Yup
The German steelbook is non animorphic tho, just the LD on a dvd
Fanboyz's Avatar Fanboyz
07:10 PM Liked: 19
post #94 of 98
05-27-2012 | Posts: 2,431
Joined: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdmike007 View Post

Yup
The German steelbook is non animorphic tho, just the LD on a dvd

do you know of any other titles that have undergone this process?
jd213's Avatar jd213
07:35 PM Liked: 15
post #95 of 98
05-27-2012 | Posts: 753
Joined: Aug 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixfootse7en View Post

Anyone get the Japanese releases from WB? Are they any better than the US releases?

I rented 3, didn't take any screenshots but it looked like the same ancient HDTV master as the US one.
dvdmike007's Avatar dvdmike007
02:53 PM Liked: 50
post #96 of 98
05-28-2012 | Posts: 8,687
Joined: Oct 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanboyz View Post

do you know of any other titles that have undergone this process?

As in the same master from LD non-anamorphic?
Fanboyz's Avatar Fanboyz
04:08 PM Liked: 19
post #97 of 98
05-28-2012 | Posts: 2,431
Joined: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdmike007 View Post


As in the same master from LD non-anamorphic?

As in fake 16x9 video from a letterbox SD source.
dvdmike007's Avatar dvdmike007
04:45 PM Liked: 50
post #98 of 98
05-28-2012 | Posts: 8,687
Joined: Oct 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanboyz View Post

As in fake 16x9 video from a letterbox SD source.

All of Universal and Warner's launch discs

Reply Blu-ray Software

Subscribe to this Thread

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3