Stalingrad (1993) now on Blu-ray! - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 33 Old 01-07-2013, 06:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked: 33
So I am wondering if this flick is the usual skewed perspective and the blu-ray.com review seems to confirm it. Good Guy German Invaders having their fun spoiled by the dastardly Soviets, the reviewer actually justifies it with you cant root for the Bolsheviks (Hilter would be proud). I imagine it has the obligatory shooting of the nazi commissar. Anyway if you want to find real Good Guy Germans in ww2 read the Red Orchestra, those folk were brave to say the least.
A nice balancing out would be to see the old epic Soviet film about the conquering of Berlin on BD, it would be a blast watching again Stalin landing in a plane and greeting the Red Army.

As for the site's caps there seems to be blocking issues like the kind seen with low compression settings, maybe it's the jpeg but I suspect not.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 33 Old 01-07-2013, 09:30 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Can someone confirm whether the subtitles can be turned off on this release?

Also, I am quite disappointed that the sound is apparently just 2.0. Stalingrad was the first German movie using discrete Dolby Digital 5.1. I saw it in a theater back then (which had been upgraded to DD just for this movie) and it sounded pretty spectacular. I can't imagine that the 2.0 track is anywhere near as good. frown.gif
post #33 of 33 Old 01-07-2013, 11:00 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 818
Quote:
Originally Posted by wuther View Post

So I am wondering if this flick is the usual skewed perspective and the blu-ray.com review seems to confirm it. Good Guy German Invaders having their fun spoiled by the dastardly Soviets, the reviewer actually justifies it with you cant root for the Bolsheviks (Hilter would be proud). I imagine it has the obligatory shooting of the nazi commissar. Anyway if you want to find real Good Guy Germans in ww2 read the Red Orchestra, those folk were brave to say the least.
A nice balancing out would be to see the old epic Soviet film about the conquering of Berlin on BD, it would be a blast watching again Stalin landing in a plane and greeting the Red Army.
To be honest, I can't recall...I have the DVD at the other house.rolleyes.gif

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
Reply Blu-ray Software

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page