Star Wars Blu-Ray Release Thread - Page 83 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 16Likes

Old 11-23-2015, 02:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 794 Post(s)
Liked: 951
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanddrews View Post
OMG Is that yours?

Do you have any larger pictures of that?
No, not mine, it was the first image that turned up in a google search for Star Wars Collection

Larger picture here:

and more info here:

http://www.starwars.com/news/fully-o...ars-collection

Unfinished Basement Theater & Whisky Guitar Lounge
JVC-DLA X750R | 120" Electric Screen | Pioneer Kuro | Panasonic DMP-UB900 | HDFury Integral
Yamaha RX-A3050 + RX-V3900 | Atmos 7.4.4 | Mission M3i Series Speakers | 4 Velodyne subs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2015, 09:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by New24K View Post
NO way 3 is better than 6!

But, I agree 1-3 are bad - but not quite (close) as bad as everyone makes them out to be.
Yes it is a lot better. ROTJ was such a tremendous letdown after ESB. ROTS is just a much better movie than Jedi.
Old 11-24-2015, 08:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Prepping my husband before we see the new one at 7pm on the 17th (1st available showing in the area). 4-5-6 is all we need.
Old 12-01-2015, 10:53 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by mldardy View Post
Yes it is a lot better. ROTJ was such a tremendous letdown after ESB. ROTS is just a much better movie than Jedi.
agreed....and my 12 year old self knew it too. just about everything wrong with the prequels exists in some form in jedi. lucas just needs someone around to tell him no sometimes.

so this time we're going to watch the series with the kids in machete order...
http://www.nomachetejuggling.com/201...viewing-order/

- Chris
Old 12-18-2015, 03:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackB View Post
I am going to rent these with Netflix and wonder in what order I should do that. I have seen them all over the years but was always puzzled as to why they came to market out of order in real time sequence. So should I go episode 1 through 7 or in chronilogical order of appearence?
Google Machete Order for Star Wars Movies.

That said, I have not shown my son Episode III yet. His reaction to Episode II was too much kissy.

Last edited by lespurgeon; 12-18-2015 at 03:58 PM.
Old 12-18-2015, 03:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
There is no difference as far as we know (besides packaging), and my statement did state the difference

We most likely won't see any type of remaster until Disney makes an official release (if they do at all) of the 1st 6).

Sent from nowhere
I have the THX video tapes. The DVD release, the 2nd DVD release that included the original cut order (but not re-mastered quality) and the BluRay book. I want to hold our for the UHD Blu Rays, but if Disney releases a set of BluRays with the original editing, I will spend the $100 for a new set (I'm sure they won't offer them movie by movie - they won't make enough $ off of that).
Old 12-31-2015, 11:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 345 Post(s)
Liked: 81
I've been buying the steel book version of Star Wars and was wondering why they where released in 6.1 makes no sense,they invented sound along with Dr. Dolby,should have been 7.1 I know atmos wasn't around yet but they will be probably, I've been getting them cheap at best buy with coupons and a couple at pawn shops.
Old 12-31-2015, 11:21 AM
Bass Enabler

Mentioned: 133 Post(s)
Quoted: 4879 Post(s)
Liked: 3800
They are in 6.1 audio because 7.1 audio was not around when they were mixed and Dolby 5.1 EX was the thing. Those mixes were ported over for the Blu-ray.

Give it some time. They will eventually be re-released in UHD and will have some form of immersive audio format mix by then.
Old 12-31-2015, 12:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 345 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Thx,I'm going to wait at least a year after ultra HD blu-rays come,I remember all the agravation when blu-rays came out, I'm going to see how much trouble there are first.I've only gave ten dollars a piece for the first 6
Old 12-31-2015, 04:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 293 Post(s)
Liked: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simonian View Post
They are in 6.1 audio because 7.1 audio was not around when they were mixed and Dolby 5.1 EX was the thing. Those mixes were ported over for the Blu-ray.

Give it some time. They will eventually be re-released in UHD and will have some form of immersive audio format mix by then.
Don't hold your breath waiting for UHD discs...they will be sparse and slow to arrive, since there is little-to-no demand for them right now.

I know PHANTOM MENACE was released on laserdisc in 6.1 audio, as well as some other movies like THE HAUNTING. (Amazing how laserdisc pioneered everything...including Dolby 5.1, DTS, audio commentaries, HD, etc. etc. What a dynamite format it was...one can only imagine what a digital LD would have been like.)
Old 12-31-2015, 08:35 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 4163 Post(s)
Liked: 8924
Quote:
Originally Posted by film113 View Post
Don't hold your breath waiting for UHD discs...they will be sparse and slow to arrive, since there is little-to-no demand for them right now.

I know PHANTOM MENACE was released on laserdisc in 6.1 audio, as well as some other movies like THE HAUNTING. (Amazing how laserdisc pioneered everything...including Dolby 5.1, DTS, audio commentaries, HD, etc. etc. What a dynamite format it was...one can only imagine what a digital LD would have been like.)
I still have The Phantom Menace on LD. Only way was the Japanese import. Wasn't cheap. I miss going to my local LD store. Good times and empty wallet.
Spoiler!

Advertisement