Experiencing audio dropouts on Star Wars? - Page 23 - AVS Forum
View Poll Results: Audio or video issues with Star Wars? Please select your player and receiver.
Player: Panasonic 0 0%
Player: Pioneer 0 0%
Player: Samsung 0 0%
Player: Oppo 0 0%
Player: PS3 1 100.00%
Player: Other 0 0%
Receiver: Pioneer 0 0%
Receiver: Denon 0 0%
Receiver: Onkyo 0 0%
Receiver: Other 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

post #661 of 663 Old 06-04-2012, 10:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEK04 View Post

Hi, my 2 cents: Audio out from new Panasonic BDT220 to Denon AVR 2807 via Optical Digital cable; Video out from BDT220 via HDMI 1.4 cable to LG42" 3D:

All the blu ray movie content of all six movie discs and the content of the extras discs have an occasional skipping of the video. My LG screen is set to "Tru-Motion" OFF. 24p output selection of the player On/Off makes no difference.

I have around 200 BD / 3D discs. SW set is the only problem!!! So there is something up with the discs. The Denon handles sound and it is spectacular!

My screen is crisp and clear with any input and the player sends a very clear signal to the screen with NO Glitches with any of my 1,000 titles, EXCEPT this Star Wars set! If I was within my 30 days of AMZN purchase I would return it!

Have you tried turning "Tru-Motion" on? Is that related to 24hz/fps functionality? 24fps is difficult for some equipment to handle and hard on on others. Odd that it would only be SW that has a problem.

Since switching 24fps on and off on the player makes no difference, perhaps your TV is set to ignore it with said option, or otherwise not capable/compatible. I would not doubt that the video encode on SW is a "little different" than other titles. Lucas and Lucasfilm like to mess with stuff as we well know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #662 of 663 Old 06-04-2012, 11:07 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Ya, had Tru-Motion on since it was the default. However after consulting this site I turned off the Tru-Motion (which tries to add frames not originally shot) but of course 24p is a whole different matter since movies are actually shot in 24p, both the new panasonic and new LG 42" 3D screen support 24p. All of my DVD's and All of my BD's look spectacular EXCEPT the Star Wars BD set ... I see on this site that Panasonic players have the greatest issue with this set ... I am looking into the Pioneer (Sharp?) as a replacement. I must point out that my 7.1 system SOUNDS truly GREAT with this SW BD Set! Since upgrading to the Panasonic BDT220 we both have noticed a substantial improvement in the robust sound from all movies, especially DTS! Thanks
post #663 of 663 Old 06-04-2012, 02:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEK04 View Post

Ya, had Tru-Motion on since it was the default. However after consulting this site I turned off the Tru-Motion (which tries to add frames not originally shot) but of course 24p is a whole different matter since movies are actually shot in 24p, both the new panasonic and new LG 42" 3D screen support 24p. All of my DVD's and All of my BD's look spectacular EXCEPT the Star Wars BD set ... I see on this site that Panasonic players have the greatest issue with this set ... I am looking into the Pioneer (Sharp?) as a replacement. I must point out that my 7.1 system SOUNDS truly GREAT with this SW BD Set! Since upgrading to the Panasonic BDT220 we both have noticed a substantial improvement in the robust sound from all movies, especially DTS! Thanks

Hmmm....sounds like something odd with the firmware in your Panny player? Have you double checked that it is in fact running the latest code? Or there may have been new code loaded that has caused a new problem? Or it could juat be the Panny and LG not liking each other? Sometimes you can update the player directly with disc or USB thumb drive to later/older code than the auto Internet update will provide. I have always done updates with disc or USB stick. With my LG BH200 combo player I put it on the latest code with a memory stick, but then did do an online update which turned out to be the exact same thing. In that case the online code had a date slightly newer than the code loaded on the box and it is a bug that they never fixed. Since both LG and Sammy have a history of these kind of online update issues, I would search for and install the latest code by hand to insure it gets done correctly.

I just moved to a new house and upgraded my system to 7.1 from 5.1. I have been holding off watching SW completely through. Yesterday I ordered a new center and sub. so I suppose I will hold off again until that upgrade is complete and calibrated to my liking.

I have spot checked SW at the reported bad audio/video spots and my dirt old Sammy BD-UP500 combo player and Sammy 50" DLP did not seem to have any issues with it at the reported spots.
Reply Blu-ray Software