post #241 of 419 Old 04-22-2012, 01:12 PM
Bass Enabler

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 478 Post(s)
Liked: 812
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerowarp View Post

Yea. Not sure why your having so much blocking and artifacts with your picture. Do any other movies in your collection have the same issues?

No and that's why I'm so annoyed. I own "worse" looking BR's that don't have this same problem. Thing is, I'm pretty insensitive to most video related issues. I'm mostly annoyed with heavy EE or other artistic license taken to the video portion of the movies I collect. Not that I don't noticed compression artifacts... I've never had it be such a problem with Blu-ray... ever. Dvd, much so. I'd say half or more of this disc looks fantastic and reference. However, moments with shadows (parts where they are in tunnels in the first 1/3 of the movie, indoor conversations, etc. were littered with these compression artifacts. I was amazed to come in here and see that the bitrate readings where high. How did this happen? It's disappointing and it distracted me through the whole movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by show View Post

I noticed something similar when Ethan wakes up in the hospital after the explosion at the Kremlin. The shot fades up from black to an extreme closeup of Hunt's eyes. I had to back it up and watch again to make sure I wasn't imagining it. I wasn't. This is also the BB exclusive.

I have the same disc. Saw these artifacts when Hunt is escaping the Kremlin in the underground tunnels. Saw the artifacts where the dad of that Russian family was watching tv. Saw a bunch when Ethan was talking to the arms dealer. The list goes on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post

No, you're not the only person who noticed. There are compression artifacts in a number of scenes.

Good. I feel like I'm going crazy. Such a high profile release. It just boggles my mind that I was seeing these artifacts throughout.

BTW, I don't believe I have my black levels set too high either.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

Listen to the Plan9Reloaded Gaming and Technology Podcast (may contain NSFW language)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- direct pod link

- main website

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #242 of 419 Old 04-22-2012, 02:08 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Question about the ending:

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Spoiler  
What exactly is Ethan's status with his wife? Their longing looks (and some dialogue I think I missed just before between Cruise and Renner) make me think it's a Spiderman-y thing where he has to give her up to protect her, but God I hope there's more to it than that. And was the whole Serbian death plot a cover story so that everyone would think she's dead--and therefore protected?
post #243 of 419 Old 04-22-2012, 02:40 PM
Bass Enabler

^^^^

From how I understood it, you have it exactly right.

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

Listen to the Plan9Reloaded Gaming and Technology Podcast (may contain NSFW language)

- direct pod link

- main website

post #244 of 419 Old 04-22-2012, 04:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 12
are any of the people seeing artifacts watching the best buy edition that apparently has a higher bitrate?
post #245 of 419 Old 04-22-2012, 04:09 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Just finished watching the movie for the 2nd time and did not see the artifacts mentioned either time on my standard release blu-ray version when played on the oppo 93. If they are there, it may be that my eyesight just isn't as good as it should be.

oz
post #246 of 419 Old 04-22-2012, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simonian View Post

No and that's why I'm so annoyed. I own "worse" looking BR's that don't have this same problem. Thing is, I'm pretty insensitive to most video related issues. I'm mostly annoyed with heavy EE or other artistic license taken to the video portion of the movies I collect. Not that I don't noticed compression artifacts... I've never had it be such a problem with Blu-ray... ever. Dvd, much so. I'd say half or more of this disc looks fantastic and reference. However, moments with shadows (parts where they are in tunnels in the first 1/3 of the movie, indoor conversations, etc. were littered with these compression artifacts. I was amazed to come in here and see that the bitrate readings where high. How did this happen? It's disappointing and it distracted me through the whole movie.

I have the same disc. Saw these artifacts when Hunt is escaping the Kremlin in the underground tunnels. Saw the artifacts where the dad of that Russian family was watching tv. Saw a bunch when Ethan was talking to the arms dealer. The list goes on.

Good. I feel like I'm going crazy. Such a high profile release. It just boggles my mind that I was seeing these artifacts throughout.

BTW, I don't believe I have my black levels set too high either.

I hope my eye sights not failing me. I plan on watching again soon and I will try to pay closer attention to these areas.
post #247 of 419 Old 04-22-2012, 04:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Never saw any artifacts projected onto my 118" screen.

Blu Ray... 3-D TV... 4K... I Like New STUFF!!!

post #248 of 419 Old 04-22-2012, 04:51 PM

Liked: 10
I have the BB version and I don't see any compression artifacts. I am using the Slim PS3.
I went back to the parts where the artifacts are mentioned and I don't see anything.
post #249 of 419 Old 04-22-2012, 07:01 PM
Bass Enabler

Quote:
Originally Posted by oleus View Post

are any of the people seeing artifacts watching the best buy edition that apparently has a higher bitrate?

Yes. I have the 3-disk Best Buy edition. Seeing tons of artifacts in dark areas.

My system consists of a Panasonic AX200u on a 100" 16:9 screen. I sit ~9ft away.

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

- direct pod link

- main website

post #250 of 419 Old 04-22-2012, 07:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 45
I do not recall any serious artifacts, closest thing were a few shots with raised black levels perhaps due to improper exposures or pushing incorrect speeds of film.

Perhaps I'll give it another look sometime in the evening.

I have the BB 3 disc set.

Best Regards
KvE

Politics is like a corral, no matter where you are you'll always be shovelling it.

post #251 of 419 Old 04-22-2012, 10:22 PM
Bass Enabler

Just to be a bit more specific...

Thankfully my copy does not suffer the fate of low bitrate type compression artifacts such as what you'd see during high motion, aggressive shots. When things get fast and heavy, the picture is very good. Any time there is a significant brightness (daytime) the picture is nothing short of reference. However, during indoor or night sequences, in the darkest areas I see this blocking. It's quite severe. If it was only minimal or in a couple of shots, I would have never said a thing. It was, in fact, very consistent and that's what bugged me. I almost never complain about video related things on my BR's (I think Dark City looks well enough, save for the EE ) but this was annoying as all hell. During these darker moments, this may as well been a torrent download.

The sound mix was very good though!

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

- direct pod link

- main website

post #252 of 419 Old 04-23-2012, 05:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
Just rented this from Redbox. Picture quality didn't stand out as being all that amazing, but the audio is easily a whole tier above the video, IMO.

Is it just me or did nearly every scene of Cruise running toward the camera look like he was running on a treadmill in front of a green screen?

Overall, I was very happy to see two movies over the weekend that had widely-shot, well-choreographed action scenes without shaky cam:

MI4
Immortals
post #253 of 419 Old 04-23-2012, 06:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_danger View Post

Just rented this from Redbox. Picture quality didn't stand out as being all that amazing, but the audio is easily a whole tier above the video, IMO.

Is it just me or did nearly every scene of Cruise running toward the camera look like he was running on a treadmill in front of a green screen?

Overall, I was very happy to see two movies over the weekend that had widely-shot, well-choreographed action scenes without shaky cam:

MI4
Immortals

We watched on Directv PPV. A/V was superb. Cruise, yes I did notice that he was running in near perfect form with little deviation.

MY EQUIPMENT
Sony HDTV KDL-46HX750
Denon AVR 1912
DirecTV HD DVR HR24 & AM21N OTA Receiver
Panasonic HD DVD DMP-BD65 & Toshiba HD DVR A20
Infinity Alpha Series Speakers - 50's (2), 20's (2), 10's (2), 37c (1) & Velodyne Subwoofer
Panamax M4300-PM Power Center
Monoprice Cables & Harmony One Remote
post #254 of 419 Old 04-23-2012, 06:35 AM

Liked: 16
I bought this for many reasons, but no shaky cam is a huge one. I hate it, hate it hate it... its ruined many good films for me.
post #255 of 419 Old 04-23-2012, 10:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:

Yes. I have the 3-disk Best Buy edition. Seeing tons of artifacts in dark areas.

My system consists of a Panasonic AX200u on a 100" 16:9 screen. I sit ~9ft away.

I have an AE7000 480hz 3D PJ, and an 8' high gain screen. I didn't notice anything wrong, but I wasn't looking for it either.

I'll have to revisit the BD, and see if there are artifacts on mine too. It seems some disks have them, and some don't.
post #256 of 419 Old 04-23-2012, 10:17 AM
Bass Enabler

I wasn't looking for it and that was what was so annoying about it. I couldn't help but notice, it was that bad.

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

- direct pod link

- main website

post #257 of 419 Old 04-23-2012, 10:24 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 26
I loved it. I got it from Amazon for some peanuts after applying a credit I had.

In the light of MI4 release and having a Friday off I watched all 4 MI movies. Starting Thursday evening and finishing Sunday afternoon. One movie a day. It's a shame that MI1-3 only have dd5.1, but MI4 audio more than made up for it, it blew me the f#$k away, I had plastered on my face throughout the whole freaking thing. The picture was also stunning and action sequences were quite impressive as well. One thing I just didn't like much about MI4 were opening credits, I know what they did there but it's a movie not a TV series (I know it's based on a TV series).

In short, my weekend was very entertaining.

PSN: GeminiEffect
post #258 of 419 Old 04-23-2012, 10:45 AM

Liked: 11
I just watch it.Great escape from reality for 2 hours'which movies were made to do. Excellent pic and sound.Colors were eye popping.The locations were as good as any 007 movie and the action also.Great entertainment.Feel sorry for those who just look for something to bitch about.Artifacts 'get a life.I use a Epson 8350 fp and a 110in carada screen.Will watch ths again.
post #259 of 419 Old 04-23-2012, 10:55 AM
Bass Enabler

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahead View Post

Feel sorry for those who just look for something to bitch about.Artifacts 'get a life.

Yeah. Thanks.

Wasn't looking for something to "bitch" about. It was in my face. Still enjoyed the movie.

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

- direct pod link

- main website

post #260 of 419 Old 04-23-2012, 11:16 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 233 Post(s)
Liked: 221
Quote:

Yeah. Thanks.

Wasn't looking for something to "bitch" about. It was in my face. Still enjoyed the movie.

+1. The frequent macro-blocking didn't bother me as much as the posterization (banding) I saw in a couple scenes. I was just really surprised to see this happening at all given it's an easy thing to avoid if the encoder knows what he's doing. It's just sloppy work. I thought I was watching DirecTV.
post #261 of 419 Old 04-23-2012, 11:23 AM
Toe
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 443
Watched this on Sat and thought it was great all around, especially the audio......WOW. Movie was a total blast from start to finish.

JVC 3D: Been there, done that, bought a DLP
post #262 of 419 Old 04-23-2012, 12:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 47
Quote:

Just to be a bit more specific...

Thankfully my copy does not suffer the fate of low bitrate type compression artifacts such as what you'd see during high motion, aggressive shots. When things get fast and heavy, the picture is very good. Any time there is a significant brightness (daytime) the picture is nothing short of reference. However, during indoor or night sequences, in the darkest areas I see this blocking. It's quite severe. If it was only minimal or in a couple of shots, I would have never said a thing. It was, in fact, very consistent and that's what bugged me. I almost never complain about video related things on my BR's (I think Dark City looks well enough, save for the EE ) but this was annoying as all hell. During these darker moments, this may as well been a torrent download.

The sound mix was very good though!

Quote:

+1. The frequent macro-blocking didn't bother me as much as the posterization (banding) I saw in a couple scenes. I was just really surprised to see this happening at all given it's an easy thing to avoid if the encoder knows what he's doing. It's just sloppy work. I thought I was watching DirecTV.

ok, that is exactly what i saw. some scenes look bd great, but others show compression and artifacts. i swear there must be different releases for this flick as so many are saying reference which is not what we saw.

morpheo also confirmed different bitrates on the 2 and 3 disk sets.

switched over to nf for free 1 month and have rented this flick first to see if i notice any difference from my redbox rental.

neflixis our nemesis
post #263 of 419 Old 04-23-2012, 02:05 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 49
Reading the posts in this thread gives me the impression that there may be different versions of MI4 available for purchase at different stores. I'm going to pick up a copy of the movie sometime this week, so I wanted to check in with you all to see if it is really true (or just my imagination) that different versions of the movie exist for purchase. For example, the posting above from Mr. Wally gives me the impression that the movie may exist in different bit rates. I obviously want to get the copy with the highest quality, so I'm hoping that someone will give me some pointers so that I can get the best version of the movie that is available for purchase. It does not matter whether I get the movie from Best Buy, Costco, Amazon dot com, etc.

I had accidentally posted a similar question in the thread following the review of the movie by Ralph Potts, but I think that this forum is probably the best place to ask the question.

Thanks for your help.

Cal68

Cal68
post #264 of 419 Old 04-23-2012, 02:21 PM
Bass Enabler

Supposedly the Best Buy exclusive copy (which apparently nearly everyone here bought) is the higher bitrate version. Only a few of us seem to notice this artifacting. The simple point being that I of all people noticed it and complaining about it must mean it's pretty bad so now I'm wondering if there are different disks out there. My is definitely the BB edition cuz it's bare bones but came with the 2nd disk with extras. I heard the 2-disk version had some features on the disk with the movie. Mine is not like that.

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

- direct pod link

- main website

post #265 of 419 Old 04-23-2012, 02:41 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 233 Post(s)
Liked: 221
The rental version has a main M2TS file size of 38.2 GB, not sure what the retail versions are. The total disc volume on the rental is 39GB. That probably tells you more than random running bit rate reports, since different versions might have different audio tracks muxed into the stream.

So what's the M2TS file size on the retail versions?
post #266 of 419 Old 04-23-2012, 06:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked: 305
Quote:

My is definitely the BB edition cuz it's bare bones but came with the 2nd disk with extras. I heard the 2-disk version had some features on the disk with the movie. Mine is not like that.

The second disc in the 2-disc is the dvd of the film only. So yes the extra stuff is on disc 1. BB exclusive has the film on disc 1 and *all* the extras on disc 2, + the movie only dvd on disc 3.
post #267 of 419 Old 04-23-2012, 11:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:

The rental version has a main M2TS file size of 38.2 GB, not sure what the retail versions are. The total disc volume on the rental is 39GB.

Sounds like the rental is the same as the Best Buy 3-disc feature copy. Disc size is 39.00GiB and M2TS is 38.26GiB according to McCrutchy's scan.

From the specs thread. It's a sticky on this subforum; check it out sometime.

US 3-disc Best Buy exclusive.
Spoiler  
Quote:
Originally Posted by McCrutchy View Post

Blu-ray Disc: Region ABC (Confirmed by my own standalone Panasonic DMP-BD35 Multiregion and Region A BD-RE drive with AnyDVD HD).

DVD: Region 1, 4 (NTSC) LOCKED (Confirmed by AnyDVD HD).

This limited edition, which is exclusive to Best Buy in the USA, contains the feature on its own disc (with the extras on a separate BD-25), whereas the U.S. common version has limited extras on the same disc with the feature.

The film is presented in original English via a Dolby TrueHD 7.1 track, and their are additional DUB tracks in French, Spanish and Portuguese Dolby Digital 5.1. The English DD 5.1 is an audio descriptive track.

Optional subtitles are provided in English, English SDH, French, Spanish and Portuguese. The other subtitle tracks translate the non-English dialogue in the film into the respective language. All subtitle tracks are in yellow font and are presented inside the image frame.

Code:
                                                                                                                Total   Video                                             
Title                                                           Codec   Length  Movie Size      Disc Size       Bitrate Bitrate Main Audio Track                          Secondary Audio Track
-----                                                           ------  ------- --------------  --------------  ------- ------- ------------------                        ---------------------
00800.MPLS                                                      AVC     2:12:56 41,081,100,288  41,878,650,739  41.20   30.34   Dolby TrueHD 7.1 4492Kbps (48kHz/24-bit)  DD AC3 5.1 640Kbps
Code:
DISC INFO:

Disc Title:     Aries_AC_Vanilla
Disc Size:      41,878,650,739 bytes
Protection:     AACS
BD-Java:        Yes
BDInfo:         0.5.8

PLAYLIST REPORT:

Name:                   00800.MPLS
Length:                 2:12:56.301 (h:m:s.ms)
Size:                   41,081,100,288 bytes
Total Bitrate:          41.20 Mbps

VIDEO:

Codec                   Bitrate             Description     
-----                   -------             -----------     
MPEG-4 AVC Video        30337 kbps          1080p / 23.976 fps / 16:9 / High Profile 4.1

AUDIO:

Codec                           Language        Bitrate         Description     
-----                           --------        -------         -----------     
Dolby TrueHD Audio              English         4492 kbps       7.1 / 48 kHz / 4492 kbps / 24-bit (AC3 Embedded: 5.1 / 48 kHz / 640 kbps / DN -4dB)
Dolby Digital Audio             French          640 kbps        5.1 / 48 kHz / 640 kbps / DN -4dB
Dolby Digital Audio             Spanish         640 kbps        5.1 / 48 kHz / 640 kbps / DN -4dB
Dolby Digital Audio             Portuguese      640 kbps        5.1 / 48 kHz / 640 kbps / DN -4dB
Dolby Digital Audio             English         640 kbps        5.1 / 48 kHz / 640 kbps / DN -4dB

SUBTITLES:

Presentation Graphics           English         14.996 kbps                     
Presentation Graphics           English         18.451 kbps                     
Presentation Graphics           French          15.022 kbps                     
Presentation Graphics           Spanish         13.689 kbps                     
Presentation Graphics           Portuguese      13.401 kbps                     
Presentation Graphics           English         0.762 kbps                      
Presentation Graphics           French          0.820 kbps                      
Presentation Graphics           Spanish         0.879 kbps                      
Presentation Graphics           Portuguese      0.843 kbps                      

FILES:

Name            Time In         Length          Size            Total Bitrate   
----            -------         ------          ----            -------------   
00800.M2TS      0:00:00.000     2:12:56.301     41,081,100,288  41,203          

CHAPTERS:

Number          Time In         Length          Avg Video Rate  Max 1-Sec Rate  Max 1-Sec Time  Max 5-Sec Rate  Max 5-Sec Time  Max 10Sec Rate  Max 10Sec Time  Avg Frame Size  Max Frame Size  Max Frame Time  
------          -------         ------          --------------  --------------  --------------  --------------  --------------  --------------  --------------  --------------  --------------  --------------  
1               0:00:00.000     0:04:41.906     30,908 kbps     37,337 kbps     00:00:19.561    32,905 kbps     00:00:15.473    32,302 kbps     00:00:10.510    161,117 bytes   417,134 bytes   00:00:20.020    
2               0:04:41.906     0:06:46.989     30,959 kbps     36,662 kbps     00:10:36.510    32,816 kbps     00:10:32.548    32,106 kbps     00:08:01.981    161,407 bytes   402,705 bytes   00:10:37.303    
3               0:11:28.896     0:08:33.054     30,922 kbps     35,074 kbps     00:15:27.384    32,414 kbps     00:15:23.422    31,990 kbps     00:17:33.552    161,215 bytes   434,872 bytes   00:16:34.535    
4               0:20:01.950     0:07:33.369     31,471 kbps     33,893 kbps     00:20:14.755    32,209 kbps     00:20:09.917    32,016 kbps     00:20:04.912    164,075 bytes   452,126 bytes   00:20:02.951    
5               0:27:35.320     0:05:52.852     30,699 kbps     37,015 kbps     00:32:20.647    32,838 kbps     00:32:16.643    32,263 kbps     00:32:11.638    160,052 bytes   364,852 bytes   00:31:14.581    
6               0:33:28.172     0:04:49.914     31,021 kbps     33,706 kbps     00:35:34.507    32,119 kbps     00:35:30.503    31,971 kbps     00:35:25.498    161,728 bytes   332,853 bytes   00:34:10.715    
7               0:38:18.087     0:06:28.012     30,819 kbps     37,753 kbps     00:42:37.346    32,575 kbps     00:42:23.499    32,143 kbps     00:42:18.494    160,677 bytes   348,081 bytes   00:43:52.880    
8               0:44:46.100     0:06:51.119     31,075 kbps     35,215 kbps     00:46:00.007    32,439 kbps     00:45:56.044    31,973 kbps     00:51:13.487    162,013 bytes   407,894 bytes   00:49:02.147    
9               0:51:37.219     0:04:27.934     31,233 kbps     33,088 kbps     00:52:24.182    32,030 kbps     00:52:20.178    31,909 kbps     00:54:07.827    162,836 bytes   417,671 bytes   00:53:19.404    
10              0:56:05.153     0:06:45.029     30,722 kbps     36,333 kbps     00:59:28.231    32,294 kbps     00:56:55.578    32,025 kbps     00:56:54.577    160,169 bytes   502,122 bytes   01:01:40.488    
11              1:02:50.183     0:06:27.637     31,044 kbps     34,557 kbps     01:07:01.267    32,584 kbps     01:06:57.221    31,936 kbps     01:02:55.480    161,849 bytes   301,498 bytes   01:03:46.113    
12              1:09:17.820     0:07:14.559     31,407 kbps     37,482 kbps     01:10:02.323    32,770 kbps     01:09:58.277    32,298 kbps     01:09:53.272    163,744 bytes   276,804 bytes   01:10:02.948    
13              1:16:32.379     0:05:46.137     30,312 kbps     35,575 kbps     01:18:31.915    32,226 kbps     01:17:33.899    31,997 kbps     01:17:28.894    158,034 bytes   343,374 bytes   01:19:56.625    
14              1:22:18.516     0:08:58.537     31,311 kbps     33,595 kbps     01:24:15.300    32,125 kbps     01:24:48.583    31,971 kbps     01:24:44.370    163,241 bytes   363,072 bytes   01:24:54.380    
15              1:31:17.054     0:04:40.321     30,522 kbps     32,879 kbps     01:31:24.520    31,967 kbps     01:32:25.414    31,879 kbps     01:31:26.272    159,128 bytes   302,195 bytes   01:32:45.476    
16              1:35:57.376     0:06:52.537     31,195 kbps     34,004 kbps     01:37:42.314    32,123 kbps     01:36:02.256    31,996 kbps     01:37:33.264    162,638 bytes   354,044 bytes   01:36:09.221    
17              1:42:49.913     0:08:11.866     30,989 kbps     34,447 kbps     01:47:02.541    32,357 kbps     01:46:58.495    32,015 kbps     01:46:53.490    161,561 bytes   414,456 bytes   01:47:13.468    
18              1:51:01.780     0:07:24.610     31,133 kbps     34,637 kbps     01:55:35.261    32,244 kbps     01:55:17.702    32,023 kbps     01:54:14.889    162,314 bytes   451,861 bytes   01:56:18.680    
19              1:58:26.390     0:07:32.452     31,059 kbps     35,814 kbps     02:05:44.036    32,530 kbps     02:05:40.032    32,157 kbps     02:05:35.027    161,928 bytes   322,083 bytes   02:00:01.569    
20              2:05:58.842     0:06:57.458     18,120 kbps     43,915 kbps     02:12:52.214    33,614 kbps     02:12:48.335    31,849 kbps     02:06:14.567    94,481 bytes    635,563 bytes   02:12:53.173    

STREAM DIAGNOSTICS:

File            PID             Type            Codec           Language                Seconds                 Bitrate                 Bytes           Packets         
----            ---             ----            -----           --------                --------------          --------------          -------------   -----           
00800.M2TS      4113 (0x1011)   0x1B            AVC                                     7976.135                30,338                  30,247,593,683  164,499,849     
00800.M2TS      4352 (0x1100)   0x83            TrueHD          eng (English)           7976.135                5,132                   5,116,462,976   33,769,282      
00800.M2TS      4353 (0x1101)   0x81            AC3             fra (French)            7976.135                640                     638,105,600     3,738,900       
00800.M2TS      4354 (0x1102)   0x81            AC3             spa (Spanish)           7976.135                640                     638,105,600     3,738,900       
00800.M2TS      4355 (0x1103)   0x81            AC3             por (Portuguese)        7976.135                640                     638,105,600     3,738,900       
00800.M2TS      4356 (0x1104)   0x81            AC3             eng (English)           7976.135                640                     638,105,600     3,738,900       
00800.M2TS      4608 (0x1200)   0x90            PGS             eng (English)           7976.135                15                      14,951,545      89,367          
00800.M2TS      4609 (0x1201)   0x90            PGS             eng (English)           7976.135                18                      18,396,258      110,260         
00800.M2TS      4610 (0x1202)   0x90            PGS             fra (French)            7976.135                15                      14,977,141      89,647          
00800.M2TS      4611 (0x1203)   0x90            PGS             spa (Spanish)           7976.135                14                      13,648,109      82,010          
00800.M2TS      4612 (0x1204)   0x90            PGS             por (Portuguese)        7976.135                13                      13,360,817      80,529          
00800.M2TS      4613 (0x1205)   0x90            PGS             eng (English)           7976.135                1                       759,962         4,689           
00800.M2TS      4614 (0x1206)   0x90            PGS             fra (French)            7976.135                1                       817,093         5,046           
00800.M2TS      4615 (0x1207)   0x90            PGS             spa (Spanish)           7976.135                1                       876,637         5,382           
00800.M2TS      4616 (0x1208)   0x90            PGS             por (Portuguese)        7976.135                1                       840,675         5,180

Australian release. The "AC" at the end of the volume label is typically used to denote Paramount's American/Canadian releases, so there's a high likelihood the 2-disc US release is identical. Would be nice if someone could scan it to confirm.
Spoiler  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Dawson View Post

Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol - 2011 - Australian version

Distributed by Paramount Home Entertainment (Australasia) Pty Ltd
Region free, confirmed with multiregion Blu-ray player

English DD5.1 is English Audio Descriptive

Aspect: 2.35:1

Code:
                                                                                                                Total   Video                                             
Title                                                           Codec   Length  Movie Size      Disc Size       Bitrate Bitrate Main Audio Track                          Secondary Audio Track
-----                                                           ------  ------- --------------  --------------  ------- ------- ------------------                        ---------------------
00800.MPLS                                                      AVC     2:12:56 37,345,333,248  44,111,086,792  37.46   26.75   Dolby TrueHD 7.1 4492Kbps (48kHz/24-bit)  DD AC3 5.1 640Kbps
Code:
DISC INFO:

Disc Title:     ARIES_DISC1_AC
Disc Size:      44,111,086,792 bytes
Protection:     AACS
BD-Java:        Yes
BDInfo:         0.5.8

PLAYLIST REPORT:

Name:                   00800.MPLS
Length:                 2:12:56.301 (h:m:s.ms)
Size:                   37,345,333,248 bytes
Total Bitrate:          37.46 Mbps

VIDEO:

Codec                   Bitrate             Description     
-----                   -------             -----------     
MPEG-4 AVC Video        26747 kbps          1080p / 23.976 fps / 16:9 / High Profile 4.1

AUDIO:

Dolby TrueHD Audio              English         4492 kbps       7.1 / 48 kHz / 4492 kbps / 24-bit (AC3 Embedded: 5.1 / 48 kHz / 640 kbps / DN -4dB)
Dolby Digital Audio             French          640 kbps        5.1 / 48 kHz / 640 kbps / DN -4dB
Dolby Digital Audio             Spanish         640 kbps        5.1 / 48 kHz / 640 kbps / DN -4dB
Dolby Digital Audio             Portuguese      640 kbps        5.1 / 48 kHz / 640 kbps / DN -4dB
Dolby Digital Audio             English         640 kbps        5.1 / 48 kHz / 640 kbps / DN -4dB

SUBTITLES:

Presentation Graphics           English         14.996 kbps                     
Presentation Graphics           English         18.451 kbps                     
Presentation Graphics           French          15.022 kbps                     
Presentation Graphics           Spanish         13.689 kbps                     
Presentation Graphics           Portuguese      13.401 kbps                     
Presentation Graphics           English         0.762 kbps                      
Presentation Graphics           French          0.820 kbps                      
Presentation Graphics           Spanish         0.879 kbps                      
Presentation Graphics           Portuguese      0.843 kbps                      

FILES:

Name            Time In         Length          Size            Total Bitrate   
----            -------         ------          ----            -------------   
00800.M2TS      0:00:00.000     2:12:56.301     37,345,333,248  37,456          

CHAPTERS:

Number          Time In         Length          Avg Video Rate  Max 1-Sec Rate  Max 1-Sec Time  Max 5-Sec Rate  Max 5-Sec Time  Max 10Sec Rate  Max 10Sec Time  Avg Frame Size  Max Frame Size  Max Frame Time  
------          -------         ------          --------------  --------------  --------------  --------------  --------------  --------------  --------------  --------------  --------------  --------------  
1               0:00:00.000     0:04:41.906     26,887 kbps     35,612 kbps     00:00:51.968    31,641 kbps     00:00:47.964    31,248 kbps     00:00:42.959    140,156 bytes   479,941 bytes   00:00:52.927    
2               0:04:41.906     0:06:46.989     26,919 kbps     35,500 kbps     00:10:36.510    31,611 kbps     00:10:32.548    30,920 kbps     00:09:24.522    140,343 bytes   400,808 bytes   00:10:37.303    
3               0:11:28.896     0:08:33.054     26,639 kbps     33,103 kbps     00:13:19.590    31,313 kbps     00:12:30.124    31,086 kbps     00:17:40.517    138,886 bytes   421,697 bytes   00:16:34.535    
4               0:20:01.950     0:07:33.369     27,578 kbps     32,481 kbps     00:20:17.591    31,106 kbps     00:20:23.096    30,931 kbps     00:20:19.218    143,778 bytes   410,272 bytes   00:20:02.951    
5               0:27:35.320     0:05:52.852     26,868 kbps     37,196 kbps     00:33:16.828    31,947 kbps     00:33:12.824    31,143 kbps     00:30:18.358    140,076 bytes   341,028 bytes   00:31:14.581    
6               0:33:28.172     0:04:49.914     27,377 kbps     32,466 kbps     00:35:20.660    31,072 kbps     00:35:37.927    30,923 kbps     00:35:35.258    142,734 bytes   330,575 bytes   00:34:10.715    
7               0:38:18.087     0:06:28.012     26,634 kbps     32,437 kbps     00:44:38.258    31,045 kbps     00:43:34.236    30,480 kbps     00:43:31.191    138,856 bytes   349,636 bytes   00:44:27.873    
8               0:44:46.100     0:06:51.119     30,488 kbps     34,061 kbps     00:46:00.048    31,407 kbps     00:45:56.044    31,011 kbps     00:45:50.956    158,949 bytes   407,894 bytes   00:49:02.147    
9               0:51:37.219     0:04:27.934     27,504 kbps     31,907 kbps     00:54:13.416    30,988 kbps     00:54:09.746    30,891 kbps     00:53:25.285    143,392 bytes   371,420 bytes   00:53:18.403    
10              0:56:05.153     0:06:45.029     26,506 kbps     33,405 kbps     01:01:39.487    30,968 kbps     00:58:39.307    30,863 kbps     01:02:40.173    138,189 bytes   488,008 bytes   01:01:40.488    
11              1:02:50.183     0:06:27.637     27,122 kbps     32,149 kbps     01:08:59.718    30,983 kbps     01:09:04.265    30,800 kbps     01:06:18.766    141,400 bytes   303,660 bytes   01:09:12.398    
12              1:09:17.820     0:07:14.559     27,399 kbps     33,274 kbps     01:15:52.923    31,214 kbps     01:12:49.948    30,957 kbps     01:12:44.902    142,847 bytes   324,250 bytes   01:09:36.130    
13              1:16:32.379     0:05:46.137     26,064 kbps     32,785 kbps     01:17:26.433    31,154 kbps     01:17:22.471    30,986 kbps     01:17:17.424    135,887 bytes   321,086 bytes   01:16:44.641    
14              1:22:18.516     0:08:58.537     28,102 kbps     32,378 kbps     01:24:54.339    31,127 kbps     01:24:48.500    30,967 kbps     01:24:44.370    146,513 bytes   358,583 bytes   01:24:54.380    
15              1:31:17.054     0:04:40.321     24,729 kbps     31,035 kbps     01:32:30.378    30,164 kbps     01:32:26.374    28,939 kbps     01:32:25.456    128,924 bytes   278,094 bytes   01:32:44.475    
16              1:35:57.376     0:06:52.537     27,773 kbps     32,483 kbps     01:37:42.314    31,131 kbps     01:37:49.405    30,977 kbps     01:37:49.280    144,794 bytes   343,533 bytes   01:36:07.219    
17              1:42:49.913     0:08:11.866     27,152 kbps     32,628 kbps     01:44:16.959    31,147 kbps     01:44:14.081    30,906 kbps     01:44:45.612    141,558 bytes   404,394 bytes   01:47:13.468    
18              1:51:01.780     0:07:24.610     27,056 kbps     32,722 kbps     01:53:08.198    31,210 kbps     01:53:04.152    31,023 kbps     01:51:31.142    141,056 bytes   442,745 bytes   01:52:13.643    
19              1:58:26.390     0:07:32.452     27,132 kbps     34,354 kbps     02:05:44.036    31,286 kbps     02:05:40.032    30,925 kbps     01:59:23.865    141,456 bytes   309,970 bytes   01:59:24.115    
20              2:05:58.842     0:06:57.458     18,245 kbps     41,997 kbps     02:12:52.214    32,455 kbps     02:12:48.335    29,470 kbps     02:06:14.567    95,129 bytes    605,488 bytes   02:12:53.090    

STREAM DIAGNOSTICS:

File            PID             Type            Codec           Language                Seconds                 Bitrate                 Bytes           Packets         
----            ---             ----            -----           --------                --------------          --------------          -------------   -----           
00800.M2TS      4113 (0x1011)   0x1B            AVC                                     7976.135                26,747                  26,667,294,219  145,042,706     
00800.M2TS      4352 (0x1100)   0x83            TrueHD          eng (English)           7976.135                5,132                   5,116,462,976   33,769,282      
00800.M2TS      4353 (0x1101)   0x81            AC3             fra (French)            7976.135                640                     638,105,600     3,738,900       
00800.M2TS      4354 (0x1102)   0x81            AC3             spa (Spanish)           7976.135                640                     638,105,600     3,738,900       
00800.M2TS      4355 (0x1103)   0x81            AC3             por (Portuguese)        7976.135                640                     638,105,600     3,738,900       
00800.M2TS      4356 (0x1104)   0x81            AC3             eng (English)           7976.135                640                     638,105,600     3,738,900       
00800.M2TS      4608 (0x1200)   0x90            PGS             eng (English)           7976.135                15                      14,951,545      89,367          
00800.M2TS      4609 (0x1201)   0x90            PGS             eng (English)           7976.135                18                      18,396,258      110,260         
00800.M2TS      4610 (0x1202)   0x90            PGS             fra (French)            7976.135                15                      14,977,141      89,647          
00800.M2TS      4611 (0x1203)   0x90            PGS             spa (Spanish)           7976.135                14                      13,648,109      82,010          
00800.M2TS      4612 (0x1204)   0x90            PGS             por (Portuguese)        7976.135                13                      13,360,817      80,529          
00800.M2TS      4613 (0x1205)   0x90            PGS             eng (English)           7976.135                1                       759,962         4,689           
00800.M2TS      4614 (0x1206)   0x90            PGS             fra (French)            7976.135                1                       817,093         5,046           
00800.M2TS      4615 (0x1207)   0x90            PGS             spa (Spanish)           7976.135                1                       876,637         5,382           
00800.M2TS      4616 (0x1208)   0x90            PGS             por (Portuguese)        7976.135                1                       840,675         5,180

post #268 of 419 Old 04-24-2012, 12:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Location: In my armed redoubt deep in the mountains of northern Ohio
Watched it on a 106" screen from 12/13 ft. BB standard version. Looked great. No noticeable artifacts. TrueHD rocked the house!

42" in the dining room.
50" in the bedroom
80" in the living room

65" in the family room
106" in the family room

"There is another system"

Video Modes: SDTV-EDTV-XGA-HDTV-3D
All HD Modes: Blu Ray, HD DVD, DVHS

post #269 of 419 Old 04-24-2012, 02:34 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 49
Quote:

Supposedly the Best Buy exclusive copy (which apparently nearly everyone here bought) is the higher bitrate version. Only a few of us seem to notice this artifacting. The simple point being that I of all people noticed it and complaining about it must mean it's pretty bad so now I'm wondering if there are different disks out there. My is definitely the BB edition cuz it's bare bones but came with the 2nd disk with extras. I heard the 2-disk version had some features on the disk with the movie. Mine is not like that.

Thanks Scott.

I wonder if anyone on this board who bought the movie from Amazon or Costco can check the file size and post their results on this board.

Is it unusual for different versions of the the disc containing the actual movie to be available from different sellers? I have always been under the impression that sometimes stores have special 2 or 3 disc sets where the difference was in the amount of extras and not in the movie itself. Maybe I've been wrong all along!

Cal68

Cal68
post #270 of 419 Old 04-24-2012, 11:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal68 View Post

Thanks Scott.

I wonder if anyone on this board who bought the movie from Amazon or Costco can check the file size and post their results on this board.

Is it unusual for different versions of the the disc containing the actual movie to be available from different sellers? I have always been under the impression that sometimes stores have special 2 or 3 disc sets where the difference was in the amount of extras and not in the movie itself. Maybe I've been wrong all along!

Cal68

Agreed. I'm very curious now myself as I'm waiting on delivery from Amazon tomorrow.
Reply Blu-ray Software

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page