post #61 of 62 Old 06-17-2012, 07:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortex3D View Post

Is it a requirement in Canada to include the Digital Copy on a physical disc? I bought a few movies that came from Canada and never saw any that doesn't include a disc for the Digital Copy.

I don't think it's a requirement. Lately, a lot of alliance distributed films (3 musketeers, woman in black, a few Universal's...) do come with a digital copy but they're downloadable (Fox as well if I'm not mistaken). Maybe that means it costs even less for the studio since they just have to add the regular dvd to the Blu-ray package, and not a specific "dvd+dc" disc. ....I did some googling, apparently it's simply due to licensing issues that Canada doesn't have UV yet. Warner Bros. said last year that Canada would have UV some time in the first quarter of 2012. Well they better hurry then biggrin.gif ..I just checked the back of the U.S Sherlock Holmes combo, the ultraviolet terms and conditions state that there's no extra fee once the movie is downloaded. So basically both systems are identical...rolleyes.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 62 Old 08-13-2012, 10:45 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
This website lists the features of each edition: http://hometheater.about.com/od/blurayhddvddiscreviews/fr/Sherlock-Holmes-Game-Of-Shadows-Blu-Ray-Disc-Review.htm
Reply Blu-ray Software

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page