The Box Set Glued-On Info&Spec Sheet - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 04-05-2012, 04:48 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 44
I was wondering what other members did with the information page of paper that usually comes glued on to the back of the box? Sometimes it's just a bit smaller than that case it comes with and other times it won't fit into the case unless a pair of scissors are taken to them. I also wonder why the distribution company doesn't put the movie specs anywhere else on the case (not always, but I've noticed it's often). Today my copy of Apocalypse Now Full Disclosure set arrived and it's a cardboard case, which I have no problem with unless they're too tall to fit on my shelf, and the glued-on spec sheet. I think the Godfather Restoration box set was just like it in regard to movie specs, as well as Star Wars. Why can't the specs go somewhere more permanent that the piece of paper that's barely holding on with the oily glue? I wouldn't feel so attached to the paper then.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-15-2012, 11:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by anikun07 View Post

I was wondering what other members did with the information page of paper that usually comes glued on to the back of the box? Sometimes it's just a bit smaller than that case it comes with and other times it won't fit into the case unless a pair of scissors are taken to them. I also wonder why the distribution company doesn't put the movie specs anywhere else on the case (not always, but I've noticed it's often). Today my copy of Apocalypse Now Full Disclosure set arrived and it's a cardboard case, which I have no problem with unless they're too tall to fit on my shelf, and the glued-on spec sheet. I think the Godfather Restoration box set was just like it in regard to movie specs, as well as Star Wars. Why can't the specs go somewhere more permanent that the piece of paper that's barely holding on with the oily glue? I wouldn't feel so attached to the paper then.

Totally agree with this. I don't want to lose these spec sheets (have them for Dr. Zhivago, Sound of Music, Amadeus, Star Wars, Apocalypse Now, The Matrix digibook edition, plus the cardboard backer for the Game of Thrones Season 1 set) but in many cases don't know how to nicely preserve them.
post #3 of 3 Old 05-15-2012, 02:58 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Yeah, I just keep them on the book case as they came on the case/box just not glued.
Reply Blu-ray Software

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page