Marvel's The Avengers - Page 16 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #451 of 463 Old 12-27-2012, 01:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Outstanding Blu-ray, fun and entertaining Movie.

Love the Picture Quality and 7.1 DTS audio....biggrin.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 463 Old 12-28-2012, 12:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreHD View Post

Am I reading too much into the Thor/Loki scene atop Stark Tower during the war? Thor thinks he's convinced Loki to abandon his war, when Loki stabs him with that mini blade? Thor pounds Loki then pulls the blade out and throws it aside? Thor staggers for a second, then goes off to join the rest of the team smile.gif. He does a rough landing on the street below, like he's still bothered by it, THEN they just kinda leave it there smile.gif...Thor show no ill effects the test of the battle. It may be either:
1. They just wanted to show that Thor was momentarily injured by Loki, and thats that.
2. It got lost in the script, and Whedon forgot show why Thor was so bothered by that blow smile.gif.
3...its a slick set up for The Dark World Thor sequel in November. The blade is laced with some kind of poison that incapacitates Thor as he's transporting Loki back to Asgard. Loki escapes to kinda play the instigator to Thor's new foe, Malekith The Accursed smile.gif.
Just odd that they would he would suffer a puncture would, be affected by it like that, then they leave it there smile.gif.

If they're staying true to the comics Mjolnir has magic that can heal his injuries. I'd like to assume it's implied that fans will know this is the case but really I think they probably just didn't get around to following through with it. Movies have a tendency of doing that.
post #453 of 463 Old 12-28-2012, 03:35 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I'd say its #1.

Also, I believe there is a story line in the comics where Stark created a clone of Thor from his blood. So Thor's blood being left back there at Stark Tower leaves that as a possible story option if they ever want to go there.
post #454 of 463 Old 12-28-2012, 07:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanbryan View Post

I'd say its #1.
Also, I believe there is a story line in the comics where Stark created a clone of Thor from his blood. So Thor's blood being left back there at Stark Tower leaves that as a possible story option if they ever want to go there.

You're thinking of Ragnarok, and that would be a interesting development if it ever happened, especially considering that the Skrulls were partially responsible for him (imposter Hank Pym). Seeing as how we haven't seen Ant-Man yet and we know the Skrulls are at least in this movie universe (Kinda, Thanos is a an offshoot of the Skrulls) I'd be OK with this story line although it'd probably be better served being a future Thor sequel. Oh, maybe we can see the Guardians of the Galaxy! smile.gif
post #455 of 463 Old 12-28-2012, 07:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Speaking of minutia, there's one scene in the movie where Thor's hammer doesn't snap back to his hand to the point he's clearly vexed by the hammer's lack of response and has to pick it up out of the ground. What was that about?
post #456 of 463 Old 12-28-2012, 09:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Which scene are you referring to? I know when he's fighting Hulk it takes some time for Mjolnir to come to him but it has to pass through half the ship to get there so it's natural it'd take some time. I don't remember another time there was a delay outside of the thing obeying the laws of physics and taking time to get to him. Was there another instance?
post #457 of 463 Old 12-29-2012, 06:56 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partyslammer View Post

Speaking of minutia, there's one scene in the movie where Thor's hammer doesn't snap back to his hand to the point he's clearly vexed by the hammer's lack of response and has to pick it up out of the ground. What was that about?

Are you referring to the scene after Thor is ejected from the helicarrier? He's brushing dirt off himself and walks over to pick it up, but he hesitates. He clenches his fist, probably out of embarrassment or anger or resolve to rejoin the fight. Maybe a little of each. A few scenes later, he picks it up and summons his armor with clear intent to fight.
post #458 of 463 Old 12-29-2012, 10:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Ah yeah, now I remember that. Yeah I agree with your assertion, it's him that hesitates not the hammer.
post #459 of 463 Old 03-03-2013, 02:16 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. wally View Post

just watched this .

stunningly good bd transfer. one of the best i've seen

Haven’t read the entire thread, but did a search of the thread and didn’t see it mentioned – certainly seemed like a spectacular quality Blu-ray disc to me too. Did anyone notice a pretty spectacular color palette? I was wondering if it was some kind of a ‘comic book’ movie thing to have incorporated such rich colors? Maybe it’s after watching Book of Eli, Sin City, and Dark Knight Rises this week that it seems like this movie is especially colorful. Subtly colorful, but I was loving the colors (new plasma – my first plasma - and hence all the Blu-ray disc watching recently) It really showed off the rich colors of the new plasma for me anyway.

I have a new appreciation for Scarlett’s outfit being family friendly, but still sexy too LOL
post #460 of 463 Old 03-03-2013, 03:28 AM

Liked: 15
Haven't noticed anything spectacular about the colors in The Avengers, maybe because this ugly, flat digital look.

Panasonic TX-P42G30E
PS3
post #461 of 463 Old 03-05-2013, 11:18 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcweber111 View Post

You're thinking of Ragnarok, and that would be a interesting development if it ever happened, especially considering that the Skrulls were partially responsible for him (imposter Hank Pym). Seeing as how we haven't seen Ant-Man yet and we know the Skrulls are at least in this movie universe (Kinda, Thanos is a an offshoot of the Skrulls) I'd be OK with this story line although it'd probably be better served being a future Thor sequel. Oh, maybe we can see the Guardians of the Galaxy! smile.gif

How so? explain please
I'm not really up on Marvel past 1985 or so.
post #462 of 463 Old 03-05-2013, 11:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcweber111 View Post

(Kinda, Thanos is a an offshoot of the Skrulls)

Thanos, as originally created and written by author/artist Jim Starlin was the son of Mentor and Sui-San, leaders of a small race of quasi Roman demi-Gods who lived on Titan, one of the moons of Saturn. Thanos was born a mutant who looked nothing like his perfectly humanoid parents (or brother, Eros) who grew to resent and hate not just his family, but all life in general. I've never read any story that indicated there was a familial connection to the Skrulls - the only physical link would be the similar lumpy chins, but even the skin color doesn't jibe - Thanos is purple, Skrulls are green (with big pointed ears). Now this may have been changed in the last decade with the Marvel line of "Ultimate" comics that play fast and loose with the basic tenents of their characters (arguably most controversial change being changing Nick Fury from an older white guy a-la Charlton Heston in "True Lies" to black Samuel Jackson)
post #463 of 463 Old 03-05-2013, 02:42 PM

Liked: 10
That's basically what I remember.
Reply Blu-ray Software

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page