Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 463 Old 05-30-2012, 09:45 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post

did not realise this but Avengers comes out here (Australia) on the 29 August 2012.

http://www.ezydvd.com.au/blu-ray/ave...15987/10552965

Yup, in France as well on 29 Aug, at a not unreasonable 25 Euros for the 3D/2D combo pack. Big question is whether it'll be region free. Disney has a mixed record in this regard, for eg. French pressings of Bolt, Up & Ratatouille were locked, but Cars, The Toy Story movies and Pirates of the Caribbean were unlocked.

Am waiting to learn region status (hopefully from reviews the week before release) before importing from amazon.fr Have done so several times in the past, and they usually arrive in a week or so, which would still be ~3 weeks b4 the Sept 25th US release.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 463 Old 05-30-2012, 04:15 PM

Liked: 20
The level of detail is the best I've seen in any film in the theater. The colors aren't hyper-saturated or blown out like they are in avatar, but detail is even better, at least for live action shots.

I can't imagine this looking any less than spectacular on blu ray. I'm hoping for the definitive reference disk when this releases.
post #93 of 463 Old 06-01-2012, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdmike007 View Post

How old are you out of interest? I wonder if growing up with different movies about makes a difference.

It must; I was thinking that Superman II was the best superhero film I've ever seen. I don't know anyone else who made a character their own like Christopher Reeve did. The closest I've seen is Robert D. Jr., though in his case he really isn't acting. He's pretty much playing himself.
post #94 of 463 Old 06-01-2012, 07:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
getting the 2d copy + DVD if available. No care for digital copy as I make mine from the DVD....

Strong or weak in the end we are all dead
post #95 of 463 Old 06-01-2012, 10:14 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post

3d blind buy on this one. Looking forward to seeing this movie!

one of the best 3D movies I've seen, counting the days
post #96 of 463 Old 06-01-2012, 10:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by YeuEmMaiMai View Post

getting the 2d copy + DVD if available. No care for digital copy as I make mine from the DVD....

The regular edition is 2D Blu-ray + DVD. It's good thing none of the bonus materials are on 2nd disc. To be realistic, most 2-hour movie can easily fit a lot of bonus materials without sacrificing the movie quality. And there are many 2-hour movies that don't have much bonus materials and still require 2nd disc. Problem with movies that have 2nd bonus material disc is the regular edition often don't include it and you have to buy the "biggest" combo edition to get it. The worst bonus materials are in SD ported from the DVD edition. Don't tell me the main movie disc can't spare 4GB or less of disc space to fit the SD bonus materials and require 2nd 25GB Blu-ray disc.

When Blu-ray vs HD DVD war was going, the selling point of Blu-ray was 50GB per disc capacity. Now, it's all about more Blu-ray discs to sell the "biggest" combo edition.
post #97 of 463 Old 06-01-2012, 11:08 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Future Shop comes through again with a viva metal packaging for the 3D release

Supporting both HD-DVD and Blu-ray
My DVD Collection
post #98 of 463 Old 06-01-2012, 11:20 PM
AVS Special Member

preordered
post #99 of 463 Old 06-02-2012, 06:00 AM
AVS Special Member

I don't care about artwork, but that's sexy.
post #100 of 463 Old 06-04-2012, 01:14 PM
Advanced Member

I hope Disney doesn't remove the joke about Loki being adopted. Can't believe so many foster care organizations got on their asses about that.

SONY 32XBR6
SAMSUNG 46C6500

BD 40
HD DVD 28
post #101 of 463 Old 06-04-2012, 03:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by champer View Post

I hope Disney doesn't remove the joke about Loki being adopted. Can't believe so many foster care organizations got on their asses about that.

Good god(pun intended), THAT was a thing?! I swear every organization must have nothing better to do than seek out random things to be outraged about. They better leave it alone, that's a great joke.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Snake Plissken

post #102 of 463 Old 06-04-2012, 06:06 PM
sb1
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by plissken99 View Post

Good god(pun intended), THAT was a thing?! I swear every organization must have nothing better to do than seek out random things to be outraged about. They better leave it alone, that's a great joke.

I didn't know about this until you guys brought it up. After I got done kicking my dog, belittling Christian beliefs, and making my baby seal skin jacket I looked it up. Be damned if you guys weren't tell the truth.

Every day that goes by I feel more like Denis Leary in Demolition Man.

Stephen.

Chances are very good that I was drinking when I posted the above.

post #103 of 463 Old 06-04-2012, 06:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb1 View Post

Every day that goes by I feel more like Denis Leary in Demolition Man.

Has NYC successfully banned salt, smoking, large sodas, and fatty foods yet? Yeah, it's getting ridiculous.
post #104 of 463 Old 06-04-2012, 06:57 PM
Advanced Member

awhile back the Peta jumped on Nitendo's ass for Mario Jumping on Animals. I mean come on hes been doing that since the 80s and now they got something to say about it. RELAX PEOPLE

SONY 32XBR6
SAMSUNG 46C6500

BD 40
HD DVD 28
post #105 of 463 Old 06-06-2012, 07:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 114
Yes, this was a thing. And I felt it was ridiculous as well especially considering that the joke was implied from a statement of fact. Loki was in fact adopted, period. Talk about thin skin.
post #106 of 463 Old 06-06-2012, 02:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by champer View Post

awhile back the Peta jumped on Nitendo's ass for Mario Jumping on Animals. I mean come on hes been doing that since the 80s and now they got something to say about it. RELAX PEOPLE

Actually, if I remember correctly PETA's problem with Mario wasn't jumping on animals, it was about some kind of an animal skin he wore (squirrel maybe?) to have certain abilities. Which totally makes makes more sense. right? rolleyes.gif Cause, y'know, there's no telling how many squirrels were killed to make that line of programming code work. (Or maybe you're right, and PETA was upset because the Nintendo programmers were out jumping on turtles so they could realistically program their reactions.) biggrin.gif

Rocky
post #107 of 463 Old 06-06-2012, 03:12 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyF View Post

Actually, if I remember correctly PETA's problem with Mario wasn't jumping on animals, it was about some kind of an animal skin he wore (squirrel maybe?) to have certain abilities. Which totally makes makes more sense. right? rolleyes.gif Cause, y'know, there's no telling how many squirrels were killed to make that line of programming code work. (Or maybe you're right, and PETA was upset because the Nintendo programmers were out jumping on turtles so they could realistically program their reactions.) biggrin.gif

Pretty sure that was a joke, and they came out and admitted it. (may be wrong tho)
post #108 of 463 Old 06-06-2012, 07:12 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

So its ok for mario to use Racoon skin back in 93 but not squirrel skin today ? I mean really, people and organizations today need to get a damn life and stop looking for errors or creating a problem that does not need to exist. Everything has to turn into a damn political issue these days with the media.

SONY 32XBR6
SAMSUNG 46C6500

BD 40
HD DVD 28
post #109 of 463 Old 06-07-2012, 04:30 AM
CIH USER

Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked: 196
Quote:

I mean really, people and organizations today need to get a damn life and stop looking for errors or creating a problem that does not need to exist. Everything has to turn into a damn political issue these days with the media.

I agree 100%

Frank

post #110 of 463 Old 06-07-2012, 05:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 290
Quote:

Careful Angry Birds, PETA's watching you! wink.gif
post #111 of 463 Old 06-07-2012, 05:59 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 64
If anything, I would expect PETA to be all over the endorsement of shawarma. Afterall, shawarma sales have skyrocketed since the film came out. So many more People Eating Tasty Animals!
post #112 of 463 Old 07-06-2012, 05:25 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:

you can't say anything in this country without offending somebody
post #113 of 463 Old 07-06-2012, 05:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by dargo View Post

you can't say anything in this country without offending somebody
What, are you implying we're all a bunch of oversensitive pansies? I find that offensive.

Welcome to Rivendell, Mister Anderson.
post #114 of 463 Old 07-07-2012, 02:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBMAN View Post

was this a good movie???
Did you get your answer? tongue.gif

"But I didn't do it...!"
"I knew you'd say that"...*BLAM!*
post #115 of 463 Old 07-09-2012, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenjabil View Post

Yup, in France as well on 29 Aug, at a not unreasonable 25 Euros for the 3D/2D combo pack. Big question is whether it'll be region free. Disney has a mixed record in this regard, for eg. French pressings of Bolt, Up & Ratatouille were locked, but Cars, The Toy Story movies and Pirates of the Caribbean were unlocked.

Am waiting to learn region status (hopefully from reviews the week before release) before importing from amazon.fr Have done so several times in the past, and they usually arrive in a week or so, which would still be ~3 weeks b4 the Sept 25th US release.

Following up on my own post from a month ago, does anyone have an update on region status for the foreign releases of Avengers? Curiously, Amazon.co.uk explicitly denotes 'region-free' status in the title, but not so for the amazon.fr

Given that it's a Disney release in both countries, I would think it unlikely that there would be a difference in region coding between the UK and French pressings.
post #116 of 463 Old 07-10-2012, 05:37 AM
AVS Special Member

if you think this movie looks one of the best in 3D you really have no clue at all.

The avengers is a great movie. loved it. but the 3D was horrible. i really hate these post processing which make 3D look like cartbox cuts.

compare Avatar 3D and Promtheus 3D to Avengers 3D and you know how crap the Avnegers 3D is. i experienced both 3 movies in Imax 3D.

i actually thought Avengers was shot in 3D before i saw it. so when i was watching it. i thought huh why does this movie so bad in 3D. then later i checked the internet and sure it had the same terrible 3D as clash of titans.

and that is why movie companies can get away with this cheap 3D processing stuff. 99% of the audiance have no clue at all. they see their favourite 3D heroes in 3D and all is good. not knowing that what they experience aint real 3D at all, like Avatar and Prometheus is.
post #117 of 463 Old 07-10-2012, 05:42 AM
AVS Special Member

and just when i have typed it. Warner brother is taking the same road as Avengers. mad.gif

The IMAX release of MAN OF STEEL will be digitally re-mastered into the image and sound quality of The IMAX Experience® with proprietary IMAX DMR® (Digital Re-mastering) technology. The crystal-clear images coupled with IMAX’s customized theatre geometry and powerful digital audio create a unique environment that will make audiences feel as if they are in the movie.
post #118 of 463 Old 07-19-2012, 05:54 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 50

Anyone know of any sites that are planning to import this to the UK, that is amazingly ostentatious
post #119 of 463 Old 08-06-2012, 03:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3code View Post

and just when i have typed it. Warner brother is taking the same road as Avengers. mad.gif
The IMAX release of MAN OF STEEL will be digitally re-mastered into the image and sound quality of The IMAX Experience® with proprietary IMAX DMR® (Digital Re-mastering) technology. The crystal-clear images coupled with IMAX’s customized theatre geometry and powerful digital audio create a unique environment that will make audiences feel as if they are in the movie.

Not being filmed in 3d doesn't surprise me at all, on account of it being a Nolan film. I bet he isn't pleased about the 3d re-mastering though.
post #120 of 463 Old 08-06-2012, 08:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 54
Huh? IMAX DMR is not 3D conversion, its their upscaling/sharpening/DNR process.
Reply Blu-ray Software

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page