Twin Two Towers here I come...
post #3 of 30 Old 06-25-2012, 10:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
TWO Towers. TWO.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
: The theatrical versions are the definitive versions.
post #4 of 30 Old 06-26-2012, 07:03 AM
CIH USER

Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 205
Individual releases hey... I wonder if they will be the same as the boxset or a complete whole new individual release?

Frank

post #5 of 30 Old 06-26-2012, 10:45 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Well, here hoping that the the fellowship has been modified from the dissapointing previous transfer. I don't expect it to be, but we'll see. I still haven't bought the previous set because of that.
post #6 of 30 Old 06-26-2012, 11:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 15
So we can buy the individual movies for $34.99 each retail, or the 15-disc Extended Trilogy Box Set currently on sale for $49.99 at several places (BB & Costco).

Unless the "green tint" issue is fixed, assuming it is an issue, or these individual release BDs are improved remasters, it doesn't sound like something to look forward to. I haven't bought any LOTR BDs yet, but have the Extended DVDs.
post #7 of 30 Old 06-26-2012, 12:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by eweiss View Post

So we can buy the individual movies for $34.99 each retail, or the 15-disc Extended Trilogy Box Set currently on sale for $49.99 at several places (BB & Costco).
Unless the "green tint" issue is fixed, assuming it is an issue, or these individual release BDs are improved remasters, it doesn't sound like something to look forward to. I haven't bought any LOTR BDs yet, but have the Extended DVDs.

Why are you even mentioning 34.99 retail.

You know they will be 19.99 or less.

post #8 of 30 Old 06-27-2012, 02:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post

Individual releases hey... I wonder if they will be the same as the boxset or a complete whole new individual release?

Be careful about wishing for new releases: they may apply the "green" filter of Fellowship to the other two to make them consistent.
post #9 of 30 Old 06-27-2012, 10:35 AM
AVS Special Member

I don't think WB will fix the green tint to single release of FOTR single release. WB only recently released the "same" extended trilogy again without the Digital Copy.

Also, if WB does fix the green hint this quickly, they would have to deal with complainers of the ext. edition trilogy.
post #10 of 30 Old 06-27-2012, 01:56 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 13
The sick thing is, if they fixed the obnoxious green tint in Fellowship I'd buy it again in a heartbeat.
post #11 of 30 Old 06-27-2012, 05:40 PM
Toe
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 434
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky-Dinkins View Post

The sick thing is, if they fixed the obnoxious green tint in Fellowship I'd buy it again in a heartbeat.

Absolutely. +1

JVC 3D: Been there, done that, bought a DLP
post #12 of 30 Old 06-28-2012, 11:58 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 19
What green tint?
post #13 of 30 Old 06-28-2012, 12:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by par4 View Post

What green tint?

Not that one; the other one.

I don't feel special...
post #14 of 30 Old 06-30-2012, 08:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by giantchicken View Post

TWO Towers. TWO.

It was late and I'd had alot of sugar that day...
post #15 of 30 Old 06-30-2012, 08:24 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:

Bring on the silent update! smile.gif
post #16 of 30 Old 08-03-2012, 12:02 PM
AVS Special Member

If this review is indeed of the upcoming single release of the Extended Edition of The Fellowship of the Ring, instead of simply a reposting of the Extended Edition Trilogy set review, then it appears it is identical to the green/cyan Blu-Ray that's in the previously-released Trilogy box set:

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Lord-of-the-Rings-The-Fellowship-of-the-Ring-Blu-ray/19929/

Also see:

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Lord-of-the-Rings-The-Two-Towers-Blu-ray/19930/

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Lord-of-the-Rings-The-Return-of-the-King-Blu-ray/19931/

So if Costco still has the 15-disc Trilogy set for $50, I may go that route as the cheapest way to get this on Blu-Ray.
post #17 of 30 Old 08-03-2012, 12:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 96
Just a repost -- see the date: June 17, 2011

post #18 of 30 Old 08-05-2012, 02:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 44
Quote:

It's not sick, it's elementary! If it gets fixed, I'll be one of the first to buy the fellowship, and slip it right into it's rightful place, and get rid of it's shamed, ugly, green haired step brother.

I LOVE MOVIES!!!!!!!!!!!!

post #19 of 30 Old 08-28-2012, 12:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Any word yet?

Settings
60EX500

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

60ex500 new version

post #20 of 30 Old 08-29-2012, 06:41 AM

Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 32
I too am very curious if these are new transfers. I've been waiting to get BD's until they get it right with the extended editions. Please post if you out any info!
post #21 of 30 Old 08-29-2012, 01:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanHomsey View Post

until they get it right with the extended editions.

EditionS? Did I miss where there was disappointment with some aspect of TTT or ROTK? Was thinking of picking up just those 2.
post #22 of 30 Old 08-29-2012, 05:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Individual release reviews are up at HD Digest. Relax.....same discs. You can un-cross your fingers now.

|

Latest Blu-Rays Bought: Star Trek Into Darkness, World War Z, Iron Man 3, Halloween 35th, This is The End, The Conjuring, The World's End, You're Next, Thor 2, Gravity, Noah, Cpt. America Winter Soldier
post #23 of 30 Old 08-29-2012, 05:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schils View Post

Individual release reviews are up at HD Digest. Relax.....same discs. You can un-cross your fingers now.

thats just a copy paste job of the original review. Thats still not a direct viewing compare of the newly released disc vs the for sure abomination that was released last year.

Settings
60EX500

60ex500 new version

post #24 of 30 Old 08-29-2012, 05:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by serialmike View Post

thats just a copy paste job of the original review. Thats still not a direct viewing compare of the newly released disc vs the for sure abomination that was released last year.
I dunno...the "Final Thoughts" makes it pretty clear to me:

"'The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring - Extended Edition' 5-Disc Set is exactly the same as the release included with the Extended Edition of the trilogy, except it features different cover art, an SD Ultraviolet copy of the film, and no paper booklet describing the contents of its packaging. 'Fellowship' in particular retains its green-tint controversy from last year, but features blistering sound and is still the best this film has ever looked on home video. If you own the trilogy boxed set already, there is no reason to buy this or the other two individual releases. If you held off on buying the trilogy as a whole, the trilogy set is still probably a better deal in terms of pricing. If you like only one or two of the films from this trilogy, or you like the look of the green, red, and blue cover art more, then you could consider these individual releases."

|

Latest Blu-Rays Bought: Star Trek Into Darkness, World War Z, Iron Man 3, Halloween 35th, This is The End, The Conjuring, The World's End, You're Next, Thor 2, Gravity, Noah, Cpt. America Winter Soldier
post #25 of 30 Old 08-29-2012, 06:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I dunno...the "Final Thoughts" makes it pretty clear to me:
"'The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring - Extended Edition' 5-Disc Set is exactly the same as the release included with the Extended Edition of the trilogy, except it features different cover art, an SD Ultraviolet copy of the film, and no paper booklet describing the contents of its packaging. 'Fellowship' in particular retains its green-tint controversy from last year, but features blistering sound and is still the best this film has ever looked on home video. If you own the trilogy boxed set already, there is no reason to buy this or the other two individual releases. If you held off on buying the trilogy as a whole, the trilogy set is still probably a better deal in terms of pricing. If you like only one or two of the films from this trilogy, or you like the look of the green, red, and blue cover art more, then you could consider these individual releases."

Sorry, Thats pretty clear right there. Oh well time to buy the other two then. Thanks.

Settings
60EX500

60ex500 new version

post #26 of 30 Old 08-29-2012, 06:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by serialmike View Post

Sorry, Thats pretty clear right there. Oh well time to buy the other two then. Thanks.
No worries. The other two look great as you know. I don't even "mind" the first one so much because I can "massage out" much of the tint with my settings. Shouldn't have to of course, and so like a lot of folks, I was also crossing my fingers for a sneaky fixed release now. frown.gif

|

post #27 of 30 Old 09-05-2012, 05:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

No worries. The other two look great as you know. I don't even "mind" the first one so much because I can "massage out" much of the tint with my settings. Shouldn't have to of course, and so like a lot of folks, I was also crossing my fingers for a sneaky fixed release now. frown.gif

If WB admits that Fellowship "green" tint was remastering error, it would cost WB a lot of money to replace all the sold and unsold copies. It will be easier for WB to lie about the "green" tint as intended.
post #28 of 30 Old 09-05-2012, 11:24 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 816
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortex3D View Post

If WB admits that Fellowship "green" tint was remastering error, it would cost WB a lot of money to replace all the sold and unsold copies. It will be easier for WB to lie about the "green" tint as intended.
Yeah, that.

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
post #29 of 30 Old 09-06-2012, 06:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked: 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortex3D View Post

If I'm not mistaken there was no replacement program for Gladiator either. Paramount just said that there was nothing wrong with the first release but since a lot of people had concerns and since there was a clear difference between european and US releases they chose the re-release it so everyone could be happy. I did bought it twice. WB could do the same and they know people would buy it again with or without a replacement. If, of course, it's ever made official that FOTR has a problem wink.gif
post #30 of 30 Old 09-06-2012, 10:26 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheo View Post

If I'm not mistaken there was no replacement program for Gladiator either.

You're mistaken smile.gif I sent my disc in, and got the replacement, as did many others.

Reply Blu-ray Software

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page