post #991 of 997 Old 12-19-2012, 12:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

I can't think of a recent movie with higher expectations (other than perhaps The Hobbit).
RS created 2 of the greatest Sci-fis ever done.
It is natural there would be great hopes among us geeks going in.
Prometheus is one of those rare movies where opinions vary widely.
It is a very divisive movie and yet, non-political.
Ultimately, where one's verdict falls on Prometheus is subjective.
FWIW, my opinion is Prometheus COULD have been RS's hat-trick, but it isn't a catastrophe.
Can't really disagree with anything you said. I still like the film but it's not even in the same conversation as Alien or Bladerunner. It all comes down to those expectations.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #992 of 997 Old 12-19-2012, 12:53 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emaych View Post

In the interest of clarification, this thread is for discussing all things PROMETHEUS (in its incarnation on blu-ray). Any detail of the film, its actors, crew, plot points etc., is fair game. You did not title the thread "Technical aspects of the blu-ray release PROMETHEUS", so it is not off-topic to discuss any and all things PROMETHEUS here. Also you yourself have discussed "the film" in considerable detail herein, so a little hard to understand why you are promoting and trying to get people to believe they should only discuss "the disc" (-- whatever that may mean to you...?)

Its really not, its in the bluray forum for A reason, read the thread it had been close to lock for months and links are there for film discussion.
post #993 of 997 Old 12-19-2012, 01:48 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnj1958 View Post

I've watched Prometheus about 15-20 times already twice at the movies and subsequent Blu ray viewings. While I agree with a lot of the criticisms of the movie re characters and situations etc it's such a gorgeous movie. I've always been a fan of Ridley's visual style and he and his team delivers in bucket loads here. Then there's the presentation. This has to be the best presentation of a movie I have ever seen at home (and at the movies too). the level of detail is just stunning. The Dark Knight Rises looks like **** after watching Prometheus even the Imax scenes. i don't have a big BR collection (maybe 60-70) but this is definitely the reference disc so far for me.

I like the film despite it's shortcomings! One thing for sure, it makes for an awesome bluray both Audio and Video!

I think this is the 7.1 surround champ!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
post #994 of 997 Old 12-19-2012, 03:48 PM

Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdmike007 View Post

Its really not, its in the bluray forum for A reason, read the thread it had been close to lock for months and links are there for film discussion.
You threatening to close the thread because the discussion has taken a turn you don't particularly care for is not the same thing as the thread being "close to lock for months."

Just because you started a thread does not mean you get to moderate it, as evidenced by the fact that your threats to lock the thread have been summarily deleted by the mods.

The real question to ask is why you would possibly care so much? Get over it already... rolleyes.gif
post #995 of 997 Old 12-19-2012, 04:53 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviation View Post

I still like the film but it's not even in the same conversation as Alien or Bladerunner. It all comes down to those expectations.
+1

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
post #996 of 997 Old 12-19-2012, 05:39 PM

Liked: 832
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeb View Post

You threatening to close the thread because the discussion has taken a turn you don't particularly care for is not the same thing as the thread being "close to lock for months."
Just because you started a thread does not mean you get to moderate it, as evidenced by the fact that your threats to lock the thread have been summarily deleted by the mods.
The real question to ask is why you would possibly care so much? Get over it already... rolleyes.gif

Actually he was pointing out that the mods have repeatedly threatened to close the thread when the discussion veered from the objective of this section of AVS, and that there's a proper thread for it elsewhere.
post #997 of 997 Old 12-19-2012, 06:06 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 250
Locked at the request of the OP

Walking the fine line between jaw-dropping and a plain ol' yawn.
Closed Thread Blu-ray Software

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page