Battlestar Galactica - Packaging Confusion - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 07-20-2012, 07:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hope this is the right forum for this question.

I was in BestBuy the other day and they're selling all five seasons of Battlestar Galactica on BluRay for $20 each season. However, I want to be sure that if I were to buy the individually boxed seasons that I won't be missing any episodes.

The reason I'm asking is because there's also a boxed set with ALL the episodes. However, the price is almost double for that set, and if I'd be getting nothing different than I can with the individually packaged seasons, why not save the money?

Hope one of you guys can help set me straight on this.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 07-20-2012, 09:42 AM

If you buy seasons 1-4 (4.5 is included in the season 4 set, so ignore that one) and The Plan, then you have the whole series.
post #3 of 6 Old 07-20-2012, 10:11 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomezfan69 View Post

If you buy seasons 1-4 (4.5 is included in the season 4 set, so ignore that one) and The Plan, then you have the whole series.
Thanks for the info!

Is there a set that also includes the Webisodes? It'd be great to have that available on disc, instead of having to use my PC to watch what happened on New Caprica.
post #4 of 6 Old 07-21-2012, 11:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKBAGUY View Post

Thanks for the info!
Is there a set that also includes the Webisodes? It'd be great to have that available on disc, instead of having to use my PC to watch what happened on New Caprica.

Webisodes for Season 3 are on the discs but Webisodes for Season 4 can only be found online. Something to do with rights.

As for the stores selling the whole series, at my local Best Buy, they sell Season 1, 2, 3 and 4.5. No entire Season 4 set. It's confusing because Season 2 is also in 2 and 2.5 set. Some stores tried to sell Season 2 and 4 double the price because they are sold in half season set.
post #5 of 6 Old 07-21-2012, 12:25 PM

Liked: 832
yup, you can thank SciFi syfy for that!
post #6 of 6 Old 07-22-2012, 06:34 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortex3D View Post

Webisodes for Season 3 are on the discs but Webisodes for Season 4 can only be found online. Something to do with rights.
As for the stores selling the whole series, at my local Best Buy, they sell Season 1, 2, 3 and 4.5. No entire Season 4 set. It's confusing because Season 2 is also in 2 and 2.5 set. Some stores tried to sell Season 2 and 4 double the price because they are sold in half season set.
Same confusion here. Not wanting to miss out on the sale, I bought 1, 2, 3, 4, and 4.5 to hedge my bets because they were all merchandised together on an end cap. Turns out gomezfan69 was right - the episodes from the 4.5 set are already in the full season 4 set. Not the end of the world, with the BestBuy DVD trade-in program being run at the same time as the sale, each set cost me only $15, so it's not a huge loss, but I'll see if I can get them to take it back. Even if I have to sell it on Ebay, buying the entire series for $75 is a killer deal.
Closed Thread Blu-ray Software

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page