2010: The Year We Make Contact Blu-ray glitch - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 08-04-2012, 08:45 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
rvs053063's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 215
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have two Blu-rays of 2010 and both have the same glitch. In the conversation between Floyd and HAL right before Dave Bowman appears, Floyd tells HAL "I can't take any of this seriously unless I know who I'm talking to." Right at the end of this when Floyd says 'Yes" his mouth doesn't move with the words. It's very quick but a glitch none the less. Does anyone else have this issue? My Blu-rays are from different sources. This wasn't present in the original DVD so it must have happened in the Blu-ray conversion. Aren't Blu-rays supposed to be perfect?

Thanks.

Rick
rvs053063 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 9 Old 08-04-2012, 10:49 AM
AVS Special Member
 
raoul_duke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,300
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Aren't Blu-rays supposed to be perfect?
lol
raoul_duke is offline  
post #3 of 9 Old 08-04-2012, 11:16 AM
Advanced Member
 
surap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 953
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
If something goes wrong, blame it on Blu-ray... smile.gif
surap is offline  
post #4 of 9 Old 08-04-2012, 11:36 AM
AVS Special Member
 
wuther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,247
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvs053063 View Post

I have two Blu-rays of 2010 and both have the same glitch. In the conversation between Floyd and HAL right before Dave Bowman appears, Floyd tells HAL "I can't take any of this seriously unless I know who I'm talking to." Right at the end of this when Floyd says 'Yes" his mouth doesn't move with the words. It's very quick but a glitch none the less. Does anyone else have this issue? My Blu-rays are from different sources. This wasn't present in the original DVD so it must have happened in the Blu-ray conversion.

It would help if you give a timestamp.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvs053063 View Post

Aren't Blu-rays supposed to be perfect?

According to two sites, yes. But as long as humans are involved, no.
wuther is offline  
post #5 of 9 Old 08-04-2012, 11:54 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
NetworkTV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: CT
Posts: 15,406
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by wuther View Post

According to two sites, yes. But as long as humans are involved, no.

"The 9000 series is the most reliable computer ever made. No 9000 computer has ever made a mistake or distorted information. We are all, by any practical definition of the words, foolproof and incapable of error."
NetworkTV is offline  
post #6 of 9 Old 08-04-2012, 12:10 PM
 
dvdmike007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 8,687
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvs053063 View Post

Aren't Blu-rays supposed to be perfect?
Thanks.
Rick

only the look and sound of perfect
dvdmike007 is offline  
post #7 of 9 Old 08-04-2012, 03:38 PM
AVS Special Member
 
wuther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,247
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by NetworkTV View Post

"The 9000 series is the most reliable computer ever made. No 9000 computer has ever made a mistake or distorted information. We are all, by any practical definition of the words, foolproof and incapable of error."

Well HAL did carry out his human programming, it's just the crew knew nothing about it.
wuther is offline  
post #8 of 9 Old 08-04-2012, 04:59 PM
Senior Member
 
Jeffer65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 208
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I see the glitch. a little irritating but it's quick.

Jeffer65
Jeffer65 is offline  
post #9 of 9 Old 08-06-2012, 02:00 PM
Senior Member
 
gushin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 363
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvs053063 View Post

I have two Blu-rays of 2010 and both have the same glitch. In the conversation between Floyd and HAL right before Dave Bowman appears, Floyd tells HAL "I can't take any of this seriously unless I know who I'm talking to." Right at the end of this when Floyd says 'Yes" his mouth doesn't move with the words. It's very quick but a glitch none the less.

Looks more like an ADR mis-sync than anything else and not a real glitch.
gushin is offline  
Reply Blu-ray Software

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off