High Definition Benchmark" BD Edition by Stacey Spears and Don Munsil - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 09-08-2012, 09:48 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Well I received my blue ray disk today Spears and Munsil and looking at the test patterns and pretty film footage all I will say is this I'm not impressed cost me £29 from Amazon UK.
It's easy too comprehend the patterns and tests is this disk worth it NO.
However to be fair I was watching it in normal day light conditions I mostly watch TV in a darkened room like everyone should unless you watch an LCD TV and I'm including in that definition LED. If you've got a decent TV get it professionally calibrated, yes, it costs much more than all these DIY kits but you'll have a television at it's best.depending on the experience and competence of who you get you should see a hell of change to the display akin to day and night to use a metaphor, If not money back.
I'll watch this disk when it's dark enough, However, I do not think that I will change my mind.

Steve

Panasonic TX-P65VT50B ISF Calibrated Pioneer Kuro PDP-LX6090 Samsung LCD LE37A456C Virgin Media V+ HD LG BD-T120EB Panasonic DMP-BDT500 Foxsat-HDR/1TB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 09-09-2012, 04:08 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Here's the discussion thread for the disc:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1131344/high-definition-benchmark-bd-edition-by-stacey-spears-and-don-munsil/0_50

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. -- Thomas Alva Edison
Closed Thread Blu-ray Software

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page