NetFlix RedBox BD's Without DTS-HD Master Audio / DD 5.1 Instead - Page 34 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #991 of 992 Old 05-16-2014, 12:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post

They can probably be counted on one hand.

NURSE and HELLBENDERS can be added to the list.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #992 of 992 Old 06-06-2014, 06:08 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElJimador View Post

3DBlurayRental is awesome. I've been a subscriber for around 3 months now and I love that they will go out and stock any region A / all region BD you request, even imports and limited releases like movies under the Twilight Time label. It takes a little longer to get something you've requested (usually they'll put it up on their website by the next day but then they don't actually order it until you do so it will be another week or 2 after that before you get it in the mail). However in the meantime you can just order other movies while you're waiting. So it's a great resource for all those blurays Netflix and Redbox won't stock. That you can also get movies like Hunger Games with lossless audio is nice too but to me that's just icing on the cake compared to being able to rent limited release blurays like Crimes and Misdemeanors or Thunderbolt and Lightfoot at all. Well worth the extra cost as far as I'm concerned.

Agreed - -3DBluray Rental provides a service that no one really has in the marketplace today. I used to subscribe to Netflix but was disappointed with the lack of Bluray offerings. I was a member of Blockbuster until they went out of business. I enjoyed going down to the "bricks & mortar" store and looking at the Bluray movies available. Blockbuster also was subject to the studio policy on dumbed down audio. But you have to live with what you cannot change.

I do not stream - - primarily due to the cost and bandwidth issues. I tried Vudu HDX and on the smaller screen, it was fine. Not so much with my projector. There also aren't many titles with 7.1 audio via Vudu. With my dual setup (100" Projector/65" 3D LED/LCD) - - I find that Bluray movies provide the best picture quality - - especially on my projector. It's quite noticeable. And I can watch three movies for the price of any Vudu rental using Redbox.

I find Redbox to be a real bargain. I have two locations that are very close to me - - one at my local grocery store (King Soopers) and the other at McDonalds, so I can usually find what I want without any problem. Yes, they might not have all the movie selection you want, but for the most part, they carry the major releases that I like to watch. And I supplement Redbox with 3DBluray Rental - - on a "pay as you go" basis. That way, when there is a title in 3D that I want to see - - I order from them. Much cheaper than buying the disc itself.

There are very few movies that I have watched a 2nd time. Avatar, Shawshank Redemption, Godfather I & II just to name a few.

Home Theater Setup
Samsung UN65ES8000 LCD/LED
BenQ W1080ST Projector
Pioneer SC65 (Pre-Amp)
Wyred4Sound MMC-7 Channel Amplifier, 221wpc
OPPO 103, Directv GENIE
Darbee Darblet
ALL Paradigm - 7.1 - Studio 60's, V.2 (FL/FR)
CC-690, V.5 (C)
ADP 590 V.5 (SS)
MilleniaOne 2.0 (BS) - Velodyne 810 Sub
Reply Blu-ray Software

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page