NetFlix RedBox BD's Without DTS-HD Master Audio / DD 5.1 Instead - Page 39 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 24Likes
post #1141 of 1150 Old 08-05-2015, 07:20 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1014 Post(s)
Liked: 1219
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbdudex View Post
So does Insurgent have the full monty or is it stripped to DD 5.1?
I rented both "Divergent" and "Insurgent" at a B&M yesterday (Family Video) .. They were both DD 5.1 .. I'd guess RB would be as well .. it's odd since this B&M generally carried the full meal deal disks ..

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1142 of 1150 Old 08-05-2015, 08:45 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1870 Post(s)
Liked: 1062
I watched my rental from www.3d-blurayrental.com of the Insurgent movie on Monday night. These are the titles I always rent from them now and avoid using Netflix or Redbox. Since they have the retail versions. Although I actually rented the 3D version which probably doesn't have a rental equivalent. But www.3d-blurayrental.com also had the 2D version to rent as well.

53TB unRAID2--38TB unRAID3--33TB unRAID1a
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

Last edited by aaronwt; 08-05-2015 at 10:19 AM.
post #1143 of 1150 Old 08-05-2015, 11:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 514 Post(s)
Liked: 424
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
I watched my rental from www.3d-blurayrental.com of the Insurgent movie on Monday night. These are the titles I always rent from them now and avoid using Netflix or Redbox. Since they have the retail versions.
If you want to play, you have to pay $. Personally, since they are so few and far between, I can live with the difference in audio quality from lossy Lions Gate titles I receive.

Ian

The best way to succeed in life is to act on the advice you give to others

post #1144 of 1150 Old 08-23-2015, 07:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
I watched my rental from www.3d-blurayrental.com of the Insurgent movie on Monday night. These are the titles I always rent from them now and avoid using Netflix or Redbox. Since they have the retail versions. Although I actually rented the 3D version which probably doesn't have a rental equivalent. But www.3d-blurayrental.com also had the 2D version to rent as well.
Maybe I need to check this out as well, because I was very pissed to discover that my RedBox rental did not have the Dolby Atmos soundtrack (the whole reason I rented Blu-Ray). OTOH, I remember my American Sniper rental had it. Once burned, twice cautious now.

Yamaha RX-A2050 AVR
(4) Polk Monitor 10B's (R/L F/R), (2) Polk Monitor 4's (TM), Polk CS300 center channel
Analog: B&O TX2 Turntable, Nakamichi Cassette Deck 1
Digital: Pioneer CLD-99 Elite LD, Samsung BD-P2550 Blu-Ray
LG 65EF9500 4K OLED (coming soon)
post #1145 of 1150 Unread Today, 03:41 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The last 5 BR's I've rented from Netflix have all have either DD or DTS instead of the lossless files. Insurgent being the first but as discovered on this forum, there is an explanation for it. (I realize LG has downgraded the Netflix discs).

What's the deal??? To make sure it's not a hardware issue, I've played Tron etc that I own and the HD lossless audio plays fine. Is Netflix downgrading all of their new discs?

I called Netflix and the guy was clueless about the type of audio formats. waste of time...
post #1146 of 1150 Unread Today, 03:47 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 1014 Post(s)
Liked: 1219
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgmike View Post
The last 5 BR's I've rented from Netflix have all have either DD or DTS instead of the lossless files. Insurgent being the first but as discovered on this forum, there is an explanation for it. (I realize LG has downgraded the Netflix discs).

What's the deal??? To make sure it's not a hardware issue, I've played Tron etc that I own and the HD lossless audio plays fine. Is Netflix downgrading all of their new discs?

I called Netflix and the guy was clueless about the type of audio formats. waste of time...

No, all disks are not downgraded .. the original purpose of this thread was to note those that are .. we've been thru the why part ad infinitum .. it is what it is, neither NF nor RB is able to change the policy, since it's LG that controls the issue ..

Your alternative is :

http://www.store-3d-blurayrental.com/
gadgtfreek likes this.

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #1147 of 1150 Unread Today, 03:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 632 Post(s)
Liked: 668
Yep, 3dblurayrental sends you the retail version.

My solution is, if it is a disc I want to own, buy it, if I wasn't gonna buy it anyways, I enjoy the 5.1 Dolby track

Panasonic VT50 / Sony S7200
Denon AVR-4520CI
Klipsch RF-7II and RC-64II
Dual Rythmik FV15HP's
post #1148 of 1150 Unread Today, 03:53 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Being a reative nuwbie here, and don't want to go through 39 pages of posts to find the answer, *who* is LG?

Thanks

MC
post #1149 of 1150 Unread Today, 04:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 632 Post(s)
Liked: 668
Lionsgate.

Panasonic VT50 / Sony S7200
Denon AVR-4520CI
Klipsch RF-7II and RC-64II
Dual Rythmik FV15HP's
post #1150 of 1150 Unread Today, 04:28 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
AHHH..OK. Thanks.

I have followed this thread, somewhat, but I don't rent, I buy. I rue the day one will only be able to stream movies, as being an old geezer, I like to watch movies and if I own them, I can watch them as often as I like. All the old DD's we like, I upgrade to BD if they become available. I guess my movie collection now runs close to a 1000 movies, maybe more...they take up a whole 30 foot wall of the theater room.

Thanks again.....!!

MC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Software

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page