2012 World Series Ultimate Fan Collection - is there such a thing? - AVS Forum
Blu-ray Software > 2012 World Series Ultimate Fan Collection - is there such a thing?
Babaganoosh's Avatar Babaganoosh 07:20 PM 11-14-2012
There used to be an "Ultimate Fan Collection" version of the 2012 World Series that was available for preorder from Amazon. It would supposedly have contained 10 discs and a collectible hat. Does anyone know anything about this?

Amazon.com no longer has an entry for it, but Amazon.ca does. MLB's own shop has nothing about an "ultimate" version - only the 'regular', 8 disc version. I even emailed MLB - they claimed to know nothing about it...

The 8-disc BR will, according to Amazon, include the 4 actual World Series games, plus the NLDS game 5, NLCS game 5, Matt Cain perfect game, plus a bonus disc. I wonder what additional games the Ultimate version would have had?

If anyone can tell me whether this Ultimate version is legit, and if so, why Amazon killed the link, I would appreciate it.

mr. wally's Avatar mr. wally 02:10 PM 11-15-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babaganoosh View Post

There used to be an "Ultimate Fan Collection" version of the 2012 World Series that was available for preorder from Amazon. It would supposedly have contained 10 discs and a collectible hat. Does anyone know anything about this?
Amazon.com no longer has an entry for it, but Amazon.ca does. MLB's own shop has nothing about an "ultimate" version - only the 'regular', 8 disc version. I even emailed MLB - they claimed to know nothing about it...
The 8-disc BR will, according to Amazon, include the 4 actual World Series games, plus the NLDS game 5, NLCS game 5, Matt Cain perfect game, plus a bonus disc. I wonder what additional games the Ultimate version would have had?
If anyone can tell me whether this Ultimate version is legit, and if so, why Amazon killed the link, I would appreciate it.

i would thinK most northern californians would want to know this too.
Babaganoosh's Avatar Babaganoosh 02:40 PM 11-15-2012
There seem to be a fair whack of OTHER sites that mention the Ultimate Fan Collection (like blu-ray.com), just not Amazon.com. They had an entry for it for awhile, then they changed it to "Currently unavailable / We don't know when this item will be in stock", then they flat-out removed the entry altogether. The Canadian version of the site still has the entry though.

Ordinarily I wouldn't care, since I don't go for collectible hats or anything like that - it's just that if this Ultimate thing is real, and it has more games on it than the regular Blu-Ray set (side note: thank God they're finally putting entire World Serieses out on Blu-Ray!!), then that would be the one I'd want.

I'm just extra anxious for these sets to come out just so I can watch that WS without Joe Buck and Tim McCarver. :barf:
Phantom Stranger's Avatar Phantom Stranger 03:56 PM 11-15-2012
Would MLB really release an 8-disc Blu-ray set in this type of home video market? I just don't think it is realistic to expect anything more than a one or two BD set.
Babaganoosh's Avatar Babaganoosh 04:00 PM 11-15-2012
There are 4 games in this world series, so obviously the set has to have at least that many discs. And as I said, there are two playoff games (NLDS game 5 and NLCS game 5), plus the Cain perfect game, and a bonus disc besides. We *know* the regular BR set will include these games.
mr. wally's Avatar mr. wally 04:19 PM 11-15-2012
i would like to buy all of the giants 2012 playoff games on bd but i doubt anyone will market them
Babaganoosh's Avatar Babaganoosh 08:41 PM 01-13-2013
Well the 2012 BR set has been out for awhile, but no Ultimate Fan set is out. So I think we can assume that if the Ultimate version ever existed, it was only in theory.
jrnewquist's Avatar jrnewquist 11:40 PM 01-18-2013
Alas, true. Sigh.
mr. wally's Avatar mr. wally 02:52 PM 01-22-2013
saw the mlb 2012 world series film on mlb network, and it didn't work for me.

almost documentary like. as a fan, i want some passion and found none there
jrnewquist's Avatar jrnewquist 01:02 PM 01-26-2013
The reason to get the 2012 Official World Series Film isn't for the film, but for the extra: the package includes NLCS game 7. Add that to the 2012 World Series Collectors Edition and you'll have:

- Cain's perfect game
- NLDS game 5
- NLCS game 5
- NLCS game 7
- all 4 World Series games

With audio tracks with local announcers. smile.gif

Best we can do, I think.
mr. wally's Avatar mr. wally 08:52 PM 01-29-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrnewquist View Post

The reason to get the 2012 Official World Series Film isn't for the film, but for the extra: the package includes NLCS game 7. Add that to the 2012 World Series Collectors Edition and you'll have:

- Cain's perfect game
- NLDS game 5
- NLCS game 5
- NLCS game 7
- all 4 World Series games

With audio tracks with local announcers. smile.gif

Best we can do, I think.

Those are nice extras.

Fortunately being a fanatic, I have all those recorded on my dvr, diligently managing my
Memory to ensure those sacred memories will be ready to view, repeatedly, during the winter sports lull starting the second the super bowl is over and expiring the day the giants open.
Up
Mobile  Desktop