Warner Archive goes Blu-ray (fulfilled on demand) - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 07-18-2013, 09:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Warner Archive is going to release the first season of the animated Batman: The Brave and the Bold on Blu-ray.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Batman-Brave-Bold-Season-1-Blu/18732

It is an interesting choice and shows that they are willing to go outside of Warner's comfort zone in choosing selections. The show did look great on broadcast HD.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2013, 07:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom Stranger View Post

Warner Archive is going to release the first season of the animated Batman: The Brave and the Bold on Blu-ray.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Batman-Brave-Bold-Season-1-Blu/18732

It is an interesting choice and shows that they are willing to go outside of Warner's comfort zone in choosing selections. The show did look great on broadcast HD.

WB will just take an already done HD master off the shelf and burn it. How hard is that? I would be far more impressed if WB put on BD Archive the old Superman cartoons in HD or the 1966 Batman TV show (fox owned?).
Old 07-20-2013, 01:43 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Yes, WB would have to work out a deal with Fox to release the old Batman series, since WB owns the IP but Fox owns the actual show. There's a ton of rumors that something will be announced at Comic Con, where WB and its licensors are aggressively pimping Batman '66 products (WB obtained the merchandising rights last year). But nothing's happened so far.
Old 07-21-2013, 09:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Average View Post

Yes, WB would have to work out a deal with Fox to release the old Batman series, since WB owns the IP but Fox owns the actual show. There's a ton of rumors that something will be announced at Comic Con, where WB and its licensors are aggressively pimping Batman '66 products (WB obtained the merchandising rights last year). But nothing's happened so far.

That link pours cold water on the rumor however. I did see Gillian's Island in HD on OTA TV so I guess it's not outside the realm of possibly.
Old 07-22-2013, 06:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuther View Post

That link pours cold water on the rumor however. I did see Gillian's Island in HD on OTA TV so I guess it's not outside the realm of possibly.

Turns out Gillian's Island in HD was done by WB, where's the BD damn it? heh.
Old 07-27-2013, 08:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I see that of the four Archive Blu-ray titles released so far, three have DTS-MA 2.0 audio and one has 5.1 audio. No notes about the video format. The prices ($20 for each of the first four) are very reasonable, no more than Archive DVDs.

Chris

"It's [expletive] lame to watch Jaws, a film that uses the 2.40 ratio as well as any ever produced, in the wrong format on HBO." -Steven Soderbergh, Oscar-winning director