Skyfall - Page 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #181 of 426 Old 02-13-2013, 01:08 PM
Member
 
Johnny Vertigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 154
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Because Judi Dench didn't want to play that character till her death? smile.gif

Panasonic TX-P42G30E
PS3
Johnny Vertigo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #182 of 426 Old 02-13-2013, 01:13 PM
AVS Special Member
 
yadfgp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Meridian, Idaho
Posts: 2,072
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Vertigo View Post

Because Judi Dench didn't want to play that character till her death? smile.gif

Good point. biggrin.gif

This movie had an overall reboot feel to it with the new Q and Moneypenny as others have said. With M I guess that was part of it as well. Plus it was a good excuse to use what happens as another "defining" Bond moment that these new films have had in them.

1 Mitsubishi WD-82642 82" TV
1 Onkyo TX-NR929 11.4 setup
2 Emotiva XPA-5's
1 Emotiva XPA-100
1 Definitive Technology CLR 3000 (Center)
2 Definitive Technology BP2004TL's (Mains)
2 Definitive Technology ProMonitor 1000's (Heights)
6 Definitive Technology BPX's (Rears Wides Sides)
4 CHT VS-18.1 Subs
yadfgp is offline  
post #183 of 426 Old 02-13-2013, 01:50 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Deviation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Coon Rapids, MN
Posts: 2,780
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by yadfgp View Post

If it was so masterful why did it end up being a complete failure?
Because Scooby Doo.

Seriously, old man throwing his flashlight around at the end of the film to let Silva know where they were had me rolling my eyes soooooooo hard in a movie I otherwise quite enjoyed.

Hell, they could have just sat in the tunnel until Bond was done doing his business and M would have lived instead of bleeding out on the move.
Deviation is offline  
post #184 of 426 Old 02-13-2013, 01:56 PM
AVS Special Member
 
42041's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 3,289
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 54
You guys should probably put some of this stuff in spoiler tags...
muffinmcfluffin likes this.
42041 is offline  
post #185 of 426 Old 02-13-2013, 02:00 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Dan Hitchman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Northern Colorado
Posts: 9,222
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1039 Post(s)
Liked: 531
The movie was just weak all around, I thought. Very unimaginative.

Classic Bonds for the win! At least they're more fun and have nifty gadgets.

Listen up, studios! Just say "NO" to DNR and EE!!
Dan Hitchman is offline  
post #186 of 426 Old 02-13-2013, 02:28 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
oink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shuloch
Posts: 26,553
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 818
Quote:
Originally Posted by yadfgp View Post

I know that. You missed my point...
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
It's just Bond and that old guy! Bond's a helluva tough guy but come on, the odds are gonna clearly be stacked up against them. Just seemed like a stupid plan. M ends up dying anyways so it clearly wasn't a very good plan.
Look, it's because he's Bond....James Bond.wink.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42041 View Post

You guys should probably put some of this stuff in spoiler tags...
Agreed.
Mike Butny likes this.

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
oink is offline  
post #187 of 426 Old 02-13-2013, 02:48 PM
Advanced Member
 
neveser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Near St. Loser, Misery
Posts: 565
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I really only had one problem with Skyfall...



Need I say more?

Pain Gauge - my electro-industrial music project

neveser is offline  
post #188 of 426 Old 02-13-2013, 03:21 PM
Member
 
msajeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: IL
Posts: 176
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
All of those ripping on how the movie was written have obviously forgotten such eye rolling things as the henchmen finding Teresa and Bond almost immediately after a blizzard had ended (despite the car being in the same barn as them), the Ice Palace/Ice Palace chase scenes, the magically bullet stopping cello and cello case sled in TLD, the last 45 minutes of Moonraker, etc. The last half of the movie Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
had it's purpose. It not only gave us a bit of the background of his life but also on the grand scale of things was a great way to transition to Ralph Fiennes as M. As far as the decision to go where he did, he had the advantage of knowing the land, the tunnel system for an escape, and knew where to set traps inside the house In other words, it was the lesser of two evils...let's remember here that her bodyman in QOS tried to kill her and Bond was the only person in the world who she could trust. I agree the flashlight was stupid when you're trying to escape the the bad guy but was essential for setting up the ending and ultimately future films in the series. If you want to talk aout believability, how about him surviving multiple gunshots and a long fall into water...or for that matter, Eve Monneypenny not being able to chamber another round to shoot the other guy.
msajeff is offline  
post #189 of 426 Old 02-13-2013, 03:32 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Bond 007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 12,425
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 404 Post(s)
Liked: 871
Quote:
Originally Posted by neveser View Post

I really only had one problem with Skyfall...



Need I say more?
Completely agree. Now they have some teenage nerd playing Q. Cmon man! They already made M a woman. Whats next? Bond will be driving an electric car to get the green people to the theaters?
Im also not crazy about them signing Craig for long term again.Are they gonna let him play Bond until hes in his 70s or something? Cmon! Hes already too old. They let Roger Moore play him until he was farting dust. I would have hoped they learned something.

No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die!
Bond 007 is offline  
post #190 of 426 Old 02-13-2013, 05:35 PM
AVS Special Member
 
pokekevin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Posts: 5,071
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by saprano View Post

Funny. For me it's the other way around. I like Arri more than Red. Red has a flat digital look to it. Arri is digital but it has film like qualities.

Naw naw I just prefer Reds for CGI films while the Arri's for everything else. I know everyone hags on the Alexa for not being 4k but when I found out that the films I thought that had the best PQ this year were filmed on the Alexa; I was shocked! Looked up a bunch of other films that were filmed on the alexa and thought the PQ was great!

No subwoofer I've heard has been able to produce the bass I've experienced in the Corps!

Must..stop...buying...every bluray release...
pokekevin is offline  
post #191 of 426 Old 02-13-2013, 08:25 PM
Advanced Member
 
Mike Butny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Orland Park, Il
Posts: 537
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 73
I thought the movie was a let down also, PQ was lacking for me too.

Equipment List: Benq W6000, Darbee DVP-5000 Video Processor, JKP Affinity 100 inch 16x9 .9 gain reference screen, Onkyo 818 receiver, 3-Marantz Ma700 and 2-Ma6100 mono blocks, 9.1-set-up, B&W Nautilus 805 front speakers, B&W Nautilus HTM2 center speaker, Infinity ( soon to be replaces by B&W ) bookshelf Height Speakers, Mirage HDT-R side speakers, Jamo THX surround one rear speakers, PSA XS30se sub, Richard Grey, Monster Power, and Panamax powerline conditioning/surge protection.
Mike Butny is offline  
post #192 of 426 Old 02-13-2013, 11:07 PM
Member
 
msajeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: IL
Posts: 176
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by neveser View Post

I really only had one problem with Skyfall...



Need I say more?

i'm curious if there is an age component here between those who are complaining about every little thing and those who liked the film. A young, nerdy Q is the embodyment of the realities in today's world. A world where wars are fought by drones (imagine if a "young nerd" in Tehran could hack into the military's flight controls), the state is no longer the biggest worry but rather state supported terrorism, and where a lot of the vintage Bond tech has actually made it into the mainstream. They introduced Q and the more realistic direction they've taken since CR....essentially admitting that the character got further and further away from Ian Fleming's Bond with Moore, Dalton (to a degree), and finally Pierce Brosnan. It would be interesting to see where the franchise was now if they hired Dalton instead of Moore in the 70s.

For the haters, what more would you have liked to see from Q? The tech geek gave Bond a beacon and a gun with a biometric handle. Both are very realistic in today's world....far more that exploding pens and the like. It's a bit like Goldeneye when the masses didn't really know what an EMP was and the damage it can cause.
msajeff is offline  
post #193 of 426 Old 02-14-2013, 12:06 AM
Advanced Member
 
neveser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Near St. Loser, Misery
Posts: 565
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I liked the film. I saw it in the theater and decided it was well worth buying.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I admit I did cringe a bit when we got our new Q. I leaned over to my wife and said "Moss". She totally got it and started laughing. On the second viewing, it wasn't as bad. Still felt a bit off. I think the new Moneypenny felt a little off as well. Forced in a way. M was the one they nailed.

... and that pic was bit of a joke on my part smile.gif

Pain Gauge - my electro-industrial music project

neveser is offline  
post #194 of 426 Old 02-14-2013, 12:43 AM
AVS Club Gold
 
Mark Booth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Beautiful California
Posts: 1,503
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

Thank goodness! Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I was glad to see her die in the movie. I never liked having a female M anyway. How stupid.

Use SPOILER tags!

Mark
Mark Booth is offline  
post #195 of 426 Old 02-14-2013, 01:12 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
oink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shuloch
Posts: 26,553
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Butny View Post

PQ was lacking for me too.
Didn't see that one coming...eek.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Booth View Post

Use SPOILER tags!

Mark
Yeah, really.

Everyone try to be a little mindful some on the thread haven't seen the movie yet and Spoiler Tags are easy to do....

OTOH, maybe members should wait until they see the movie before reading or posting????wink.gif

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
oink is offline  
post #196 of 426 Old 02-14-2013, 02:43 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Bond 007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 12,425
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 404 Post(s)
Liked: 871
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Booth View Post

Use SPOILER tags!

Mark
My bad. Wasnt thinking. That was a pretty bad one too. I dont know how to use spoiler tags so I deleted the post.

No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die!
Bond 007 is offline  
post #197 of 426 Old 02-14-2013, 07:25 AM
Senior Member
 
gstspyder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Jackson michigan
Posts: 497
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by yadfgp View Post

I know that. You missed my point...
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
It's just Bond and that old guy! Bond's a helluva tough guy but come on, the odds are gonna clearly be stacked up against them. Just seemed like a stupid plan. M ends up dying anyways so it clearly wasn't a very good plan.

It's just Bond and that old guy! According to what I have read that part was written for and offered to Connery who turned it down.

"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman"

gstspyder is offline  
post #198 of 426 Old 02-14-2013, 10:13 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Morpheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Montreal by day, Paris by night...
Posts: 6,681
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked: 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

Completely agree. Now they have some teenage nerd playing Q. Cmon man! They already made M a woman. Whats next? Bond will be driving an electric car to get the green people to the theaters?
Im also not crazy about them signing Craig for long term again.Are they gonna let him play Bond until hes in his 70s or something? Cmon! Hes already too old. They let Roger Moore play him until he was farting dust. I would have hoped they learned something.

Craig is almost 45, and he looks just fine for the role. As long as he can physically do it, I see no problem. The most successful Bond film was made with him as 007, and he alone proved everyone wrong (or at least those who didn't approve his casting) by being one of the best actors to ever play that character. He gives him depth without losing his wit. He's also smart he knows he won't do it forever.

What's wrong exactly with M being a woman?... I mean ok, M was a man for 30 years or so, so what? Things change. And so far it's been for the better in this franchise. I'm glad Q is back, I don't care about his age as long as it's well integrated in the story. Are you still pissed Ethan Hunt is now the main character in Mission Impossible? wink.gif
Morpheo is online now  
post #199 of 426 Old 02-14-2013, 10:16 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Morpheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Montreal by day, Paris by night...
Posts: 6,681
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked: 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by gstspyder View Post

It's just Bond and that old guy! According to what I have read that part was written for and offered to Connery who turned it down.

Really? I knew they offered him a role (after seeing the film I figured it was that old guy too) but had no idea it was written for him in the first place. To be honest, I'm not sure it would have worked, yet it would have been cool to have him even as a cameo for the 50th anniversary of the franchise (the movie franchise that is).
Morpheo is online now  
post #200 of 426 Old 02-14-2013, 10:32 AM
Senior Member
 
daniels1994's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 304
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheo View Post

Really? I knew they offered him a role (after seeing the film I figured it was that old guy too) but had no idea it was written for him in the first place. To be honest, I'm not sure it would have worked, yet it would have been cool to have him even as a cameo for the 50th anniversary of the franchise (the movie franchise that is).

The other actor who took the role and who I won't name turned out to be a great fallback plan and is still relevant in today's motion picture industry. It's been 10 years since Connery last did a motion picture. The guy is retired now.
daniels1994 is offline  
post #201 of 426 Old 02-14-2013, 10:57 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Bond 007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 12,425
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 404 Post(s)
Liked: 871
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheo View Post

Craig is almost 45, and he looks just fine for the role. As long as he can physically do it, I see no problem. The most successful Bond film was made with him as 007, and he alone proved everyone wrong (or at least those who didn't approve his casting) by being one of the best actors to ever play that character. He gives him depth without losing his wit. He's also smart he knows he won't do it forever.

What's wrong exactly with M being a woman?... I mean ok, M was a man for 30 years or so, so what? Things change. And so far it's been for the better in this franchise. I'm glad Q is back, I don't care about his age as long as it's well integrated in the story. Are you still pissed Ethan Hunt is now the main character in Mission Impossible? wink.gif
Bond is 36. Craig did well but he will probably be 48 in the next movie and then 51 for the next. No thanks. There are plenty of actors who can play the role who are the proper age.And Id like to know how you judge the most successful Bond film. That is a farce. Most money? Account for inflation and a bigger worldwide audience. Why do you think box office records are broken practically every year.Doesnt mean they are making better movies than ever before. What do you mean hes smart and wont do it forever. From what I understand they signed him for 3 more. That will put him in his mid 50s for the last one. Thats old enough to be Bonds Dad.
I have read all the books and seen all of the movies and been a hardcore fan for 35 years. Casino Royale was one of the best ever. He was the right age and they followed the Ian Fleming book and character very closely. The next 2 were ok. I have high hopes that now that Bond has gotten all of the revenge and vendetta lone wolf crap out of his system we will see a proper mission in the next one and get back to business.
And as far as M being a woman. Ian Fleming is rolling over in his grave over that one. If you knew the real Bond you wouldnt even ask. That was just a politically correct decision to get more people to the theaters.

No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die!
Bond 007 is offline  
post #202 of 426 Old 02-14-2013, 11:04 AM
Senior Member
 
Taranteacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 403
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Hello, pals! Just joining this thread. I, for one, actually enjoyed this movie a whole lot, and will be getting my BD copy for sure. I am with the relatively small group who actually enjoyed most of its character casting decisions etc and am glad to have Craig starring. Great comeback completing a much more cohesive trilogy and welcoming a 4th (or rather twenty-something-th) part!!! cool.gif
Taranteacher is offline  
post #203 of 426 Old 02-14-2013, 11:22 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Morpheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Montreal by day, Paris by night...
Posts: 6,681
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked: 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

Bond is 36. Craig did well but he will probably be 48 in the next movie and then 51 for the next. No thanks. There are plenty of actors who can play the role who are the proper age.And Id like to know how you judge the most successful Bond film. That is a farce. Most money? Account for inflation and a bigger worldwide audience. Why do you think box office records are broken practically every year.Doesnt mean they are making better movies than ever before. What do you mean hes smart and wont do it forever. From what I understand they signed him for 3 more. That will put him in his mid 50s for the last one. Thats old enough to be Bonds Dad.

I'm pretty sure worlwide gross, adjusted or not, puts Skyfall at the top of the list but that's just a guess. As far as Craig being smart, I have no doubt he is, besides, I read somewhere that he himself said he won't do it eternally. He's currently signed for 2 more films, not 3. Bond 24 is set for 2014 so Bond 25 can be reasonably expected for 2016, he will be 48. I know you're a fan and I don't want to upset you wink.gif, but well, Craig is to me one of the Best Bonds, so I'm eagerly waiting for the next installment.
Morpheo is online now  
post #204 of 426 Old 02-14-2013, 11:25 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Morpheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Montreal by day, Paris by night...
Posts: 6,681
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked: 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

That was just a politically correct decision to get more people to the theaters.

or maybe that was just a decision they made to revigorate and refresh an aging franchise?
Morpheo is online now  
post #205 of 426 Old 02-14-2013, 12:54 PM
Senior Member
 
Jdurg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 370
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheo View Post

or maybe that was just a decision they made to revigorate and refresh an aging franchise?

I believe it actually had to do with the fact that around the time that Goldeneye came out, the head of the British Intelligence Agency was a woman. So they were doing it to tie the series, which had been on hiatus since Licence to Kill, back into the modern era.

With regards to Daniel Craig's age, I couldn't care less about his actual age. What I give a crap about is how the actor himself has aged. As long as he doesn't "look" old, then it's fine. When Sean Connery came back for Diamonds Are Forever, he hadn't aged well at all and really looked horrible in the role. Roger Moore was INCREDIBLY ancient in his later movies and it was quite noticeable. However, Pierce Brosnan wasn't exactly a young chap when he finished up his role as James Bond, but he hadn't physically aged as badly as Moore and Connery did. I use my eyes to determine if an actor is too "old" for a role, not a birth date. smile.gif
Jdurg is offline  
post #206 of 426 Old 02-14-2013, 01:12 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Josh Z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Planet Boston, source of the spice, Melange.
Posts: 20,290
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 461 Post(s)
Liked: 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by yadfgp View Post

I know that. You missed my point...
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
It's just Bond and that old guy! Bond's a helluva tough guy but come on, the odds are gonna clearly be stacked up against them. Just seemed like a stupid plan. M ends up dying anyways so it clearly wasn't a very good plan.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
As I said, Bond couldn't trust anyone. Silva had moles and connections in MI6, the police force and other agencies. Bond had to do it himself.

Again, this is explained so clearly in the movie that it astounds me that anyone would not understand it.

Josh Z
Writer/Editor, High-Def Digest (Blog updated daily!)
Curator, Laserdisc Forever

My opinions are my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of my employers.

Josh Z is offline  
post #207 of 426 Old 02-14-2013, 01:14 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Morpheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Montreal by day, Paris by night...
Posts: 6,681
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked: 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdurg View Post

I believe it actually had to do with the fact that around the time that Goldeneye came out, the head of the British Intelligence Agency was a woman. So they were doing it to tie the series, which had been on hiatus since Licence to Kill, back into the modern era.

Ah, I didn't know that. Thanks, makes sense smile.gif
Quote:
With regards to Daniel Craig's age, I couldn't care less about his actual age. What I give a crap about is how the actor himself has aged. As long as he doesn't "look" old, then it's fine. When Sean Connery came back for Diamonds Are Forever, he hadn't aged well at all and really looked horrible in the role. Roger Moore was INCREDIBLY ancient in his later movies and it was quite noticeable. However, Pierce Brosnan wasn't exactly a young chap when he finished up his role as James Bond, but he hadn't physically aged as badly as Moore and Connery did. I use my eyes to determine if an actor is too "old" for a role, not a birth date.

+1. So far, I think Daniel Craig is perfect for that part. If he can do it even at 50, then so be it.
I don't know if I'm the only one, but Sean Connery always looked older than his age as James Bond. He was 32 in Dr. No.

...Since I bought Skyfall tuesday I haven't had the time to watch it, I literally can't wait!! (I saw it in theaters of course...)
Morpheo is online now  
post #208 of 426 Old 02-14-2013, 01:16 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Josh Z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Planet Boston, source of the spice, Melange.
Posts: 20,290
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 461 Post(s)
Liked: 410
The Kincade role being written for Sean Connery is an internet myth. Connery left the franchise on very poor terms with the producers, refused to make a cameo as Bond's father when offered during the Brosnan years, and has been very clear that he's retired permanently from acting.

The character was written as Scottish as a nod to the fact that the first actor to play Bond was Scottish, nothing more. Putting Connery in the role would have been a huge distraction. Sam Mendes has said as much.

Josh Z
Writer/Editor, High-Def Digest (Blog updated daily!)
Curator, Laserdisc Forever

My opinions are my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of my employers.

Josh Z is offline  
post #209 of 426 Old 02-14-2013, 01:21 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Josh Z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Planet Boston, source of the spice, Melange.
Posts: 20,290
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 461 Post(s)
Liked: 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taranteacher View Post

I am with the relatively small group who actually enjoyed most of its character casting decisions etc

The movie made a billion dollars at the box office and had overwhelmingly positive reviews from both critics and audiences. You are part of the extraordinarily large group who enjoyed most of its character casting decisions, etc. It's the haters who fall into an infinitessimal minority, but sadly they are of course the most vocal.
mailiang likes this.

Josh Z
Writer/Editor, High-Def Digest (Blog updated daily!)
Curator, Laserdisc Forever

My opinions are my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of my employers.

Josh Z is offline  
post #210 of 426 Old 02-14-2013, 02:01 PM
AVS Special Member
 
blastermaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Sunny Okanagan
Posts: 1,035
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 140
Quote:
I thought the movie was a let down also, PQ was lacking for me too.

Wait, what? Unless my eyes were being cheated by some spell, I thought the PQ looked pretty fantastic. I'll take some screenies tonight and post back just for fun.

blastermaster is offline  
Reply Blu-ray Software

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off